Best tear jerker scene

Options
14567810»

Replies

• muffin_shufflin
    muffin_shufflin Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Oooohh, oh, oh!! The Fox and the Hound. The final scene where Todd and Copper have parted ways, and you hear the young Todd and Copper in echo-y voices:

Todd: "You're my best friend, Copper."
    Copper: "You're mine, too, Todd."
    Todd: "And we'll always be friends forever, won't we?"
    Copper: "Yeah, forever."

:sad: :sad: :sad:

The part where the old lady is taking Todd back to the forest & she's singing to him. I used to bawl when I was little. I still get that knot in my throat lol
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    Oooohh, oh, oh!! The Fox and the Hound. The final scene where Todd and Copper have parted ways, and you hear the young Todd and Copper in echo-y voices:

Todd: "You're my best friend, Copper."
    Copper: "You're mine, too, Todd."
    Todd: "And we'll always be friends forever, won't we?"
    Copper: "Yeah, forever."

:sad: :sad: :sad:

Oh god, who's cutting onions in here?!
  • fluffy925
    fluffy925 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    King Kong!
  • vabrewer33
    vabrewer33 Posts: 185
    Options
    When all the pets return in Homeward Bound...except for Shadow...luckily he comes, too, but it makes you think he's gone! Yes, I know that movie is like, 20 years old and a kids movie, but it gets me every time!

Oh gosh I cannot watch that movie without some tissues...another one that always makes me sad is Little Women when Beth passes away-I cannot watch it without losing it!
  • m0_0m
    m0_0m Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    The documentary "Earthlings", I bawled for 2 hours straight!
    Also, Edward Scissorhands really gets to me.
  • hjfischer
    hjfischer Posts: 250
    Options
    Bambi, The Lion King, basically, anything with 'Disney' animated or not.

I am not a fan of the Notebook or Marley & Me. The books had me in tears, but not the movie versions.
  • jeardawg
    jeardawg Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    8 seconds, when the father is sitting trying to remember if he had ever told his son that he loved him.
  • caitwied
    caitwied Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Last scene of Wicker Park. Makes me weep everytime.

I thought it was just me. That's a good one.
  • caitwied
    caitwied Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    A Walk to Beautiful. Lost Boys of Sudan. Born into Brothels. Pretty much any documentary made about people in 3rd world countries. There are a few inspirational ones but most are tragic and get me every time.

I just watched A Walk to Beautiful in class and it was so, so sad. Especially when Wubete was having trouble healing..
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Titanic - when the old people are on the bed

Oh and the mom telling her kids the story. :sad:
    And I agree with people who said Frequency, City of Angels and Ghost.

Also, 'I Am Legend'. The scene with Sam. This was a week after we moved to CA from NM and had to leave our German shepherd with my parents because we can't have dogs where we live. My daughter and I were sobbing. If we weren't in the middle of the row in a packed theater, we would have got up and left.

For shows,Buffy the Vampire Slayer: The Body. My mom (also a single mom) died of a heart attack at home when I was 15. My sister found her on the bathroom floor. Watching that episode was brutal.