Best tear jerker scene

Options

Replies

• laurenkoszola
    laurenkoszola Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    It's not the movie that made me cry, but the book that did because it was just wayy better than the movie. The Time Traveler's Wife
  • darkknightfan
    darkknightfan Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    The passion of Christ.. when HE is being beaten at the stake ... he did THAT and the rest for US!
  • kykykenna
    kykykenna Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    Cried in 2 movies in my entire (almost) 40 years. Hope Floats, when she dances with her dad. And of course, The Notebook at the end.
  • Sox90716
    Sox90716 Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Last 10 minutes of City Of Angels.
  • Labcoathipster
    Options
    Field of Dreams when Kevin Costner plays catch with his dad.

I lose it.
  • JanetLM73
    JanetLM73 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    For me it was recent....In 50/50 when he was being wheeled into surgery and he started crying for his Mom.
    My daughter just had surgery #2 about 3 weeks before and I lost it in during that scene.
  • nanodot
    nanodot Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    The entire opening love story in "UP".

The opening scene in the newest "Star Trek" movie, where baby Kirk is born as his dad sacrifices himself to save everyone...
  • jessmoore_84
    Options
    The end of The Notebook, where Noah says I'll be seeing you. And then they both die in their sleep holding hands and laying beside each other. Gets me every time.
  • J_Daawwg
    J_Daawwg Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Not a movie but a TV series. There is a scene in the West Wing when Jed Bartlet comes back for another term. Brothers In Arms is playing in the background and it's just filmed so beautifully. I can't listen to Brothers In Arms any more without recalling that scene in vivid detail and tearing up.
  • amyrp8c
    amyrp8c Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    the recent movie 'War Horse' fanctastic film nearly cried from start to finish!
  • Operation_Me
    Operation_Me Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    The end of Toy Story 3 when Andy plays with his toys for the last time then says goodbye.

The montage at the beginning of Up.

500 Days of Summer - Near the end where they're sitting on the bench....
    Summer: I woke up one morning and I just knew.
    Tom: Knew what?
    Summer: What I was never sure of with you.
  • Tanyawhite30
    Options
    This is a hard one for me...I cry on commercials sometimes so........ lol!!
  • kkjay
    kkjay Posts: 62
    Options
    A lot of movies already mentioned.
    Up- in the beginning.
    Marley and me- cried my eyes out at the end.
    Courageous- this little girl died in a car accident unexpectedly, I cried a lot.
    My dog skip- the end gets me.
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Oooohh, oh, oh!! The Fox and the Hound. The final scene where Todd and Copper have parted ways, and you hear the young Todd and Copper in echo-y voices:

Todd: "You're my best friend, Copper."
    Copper: "You're mine, too, Todd."
    Todd: "And we'll always be friends forever, won't we?"
    Copper: "Yeah, forever."

:sad: :sad: :sad:
  • maxmariesfo
    maxmariesfo Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I am going to let my nerd flag fly now, but the end of Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring when Boromir gets shot with 6-7 arrows and KEEPS fighting gets me EVERY TIME.

Ditto!

Same thing with 13th Warrior. My eyes puddle all up when Buliwyf comes out to fight - knowing he is dying. And his men begin their prayer for the dead. Then I sob when he actually dies.

Er, and I cry every time I watch the newest trailer for The Avengers. Talk about nerd flag flying...
  • effdawg
    effdawg Posts: 10
    Options
    I have to go with an old disney movie(well not too old) Iron Will, too extremely powerful scenes in there.

When his dad cuts the line to save the dogs but basically seals his own demise.
    Then the end with him going for the finish line.
  • effdawg
    effdawg Posts: 10
    Options
    I have to go with an old disney movie(well not too old) Iron Will, too extremely powerful scenes in there.

When his dad cuts the line to save the dogs but basically seals his own demise.
    Then the end with him going for the finish line.
  • Fred77
    Fred77 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    The Champ. When Champ dies
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    After the fight scene in Rocky II when Rocky holds up the championship belt and hollers into the mic (face all banged up and bloody), "Yo, Adrian! I did it!" :cry: :sad:
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    Any sad animal scene, but the beginning of "Babe" where Babe's mom gets sent to the slaughterhouse and he's sitting in the cage and sniffles "I want my mom".

Baby piggies...:(

e251c23f5cfdfdba097d9a7fb1b32803.png