Best tear jerker scene

Options

Replies

• LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    This entire thread is making me tear up because just about every single scene mentioned here gets me every time.
  • acstansell
    acstansell Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Marley & Me, the whole movie :laugh:

^^THIS^^

Last 5 minutes were the worst. The ENTIRE theater was bawling.

I started crying before anything bad even happened because I knew how it was going to end!

I ABSOLUTELY refuse to watch this movie. I know what's going to happen, I'm not stupid. It's a dog movie. It's old Yeller. It's Turner and Hooch. It's K9.

It breaks my heart and I won't watch it.
  • jenlarz
    jenlarz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Toy Story 3 - the end when Andy is giving his toys to Bonnie! Gets me everytime, like now just thinking about it. I grew up on these movies and I loved all of them!

omgosh THIS!
    I was surprised at myself for the tears I shed at this part of the movie LOL

Also from here, when the toys were about to go into the fire! Even got to me after I knew what happens
  • acstansell
    acstansell Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    My idea of a tear jerker may be a wee bit different...

Angel: Episode 8: I Will Remember You: When Angel is human for 24 hours and Buffy says, "I felt your heart beat" Before forgetting

Yes!!!! I was never a big Bangel fan (more of a Spuffy gal) but this is so sad because it happened yet she can't remember.

I bawled at this!
  • gwenette
    Options
    Its a Hallmark Movie called "To Dance with the White Dog" The end when the old man passes away and the dog leaves footprints on his grave OMG!! i promise it gives me goosebumps just typing it!!
    The Notebook- Start crying when she is with Noah and is leaving him he gives the whole "stop thinking about what everyone else wants what do you want" and I'm a lost cause for the rest of the movie
    And Oh YES on City of Angels first when he wants to make the little girl paper wings and then when he realizes his love is gone from him . AWWWWWW
    I so feel a need to go home get the kleenex and watch sappy movies NOW!!!
  • Moe4572
    Moe4572 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Also.... When A Man Loves A Woman with Meg Ryan...........wow....powerful movie.......the tear jerker scene is when he is telilng the older daughter that he will still see her even though he is splitting with mom (he was not bio dad)
  • diver71_au
    diver71_au Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    The Crying Game .....when that beautiful girl reveals that she has a little bit extra
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    OMG, just watched The Vow, that got me
  • duharvalgt
    Options
    When I watched that scene from "my lunch" in scrubs when the fray starts playing
  • realrayne10
    realrayne10 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Pay it Forward - from the moment that Trevor dies until the credits.
  • ket_the_jet
    ket_the_jet Posts: 1,257 Member
    Options
    I've never cried over a movie or book, but could not pass on the opportunity to post this GIF.

disney-forever-alone.gif

Cheers.
    -wtk
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Options
    I've never cried over a movie or book, but could not pass on the opportunity to post this GIF.

disney-forever-alone.gif

Cheers.
    -wtk

I will find your soft spot. I have basically made it my mission.
  • ket_the_jet
    ket_the_jet Posts: 1,257 Member
    Options
    I will find your soft spot. I have basically made it my mission.
    Game on.
    -wtk
  • szyja
    szyja Posts: 42
    Options
    Crap...I'm at work crying now...:sad: :cry: :sad: :cry: :sad:
  • kimogrady
    Options
    In "A Knight's Tale" when Heather Ledger's character returns to his blind father's home and his father realizes it's him and that he's "changed his stars".
  • Massageu2
    Massageu2 Posts: 59
    Options
    OMG, I am such a mush ball I cry at Folgers commercials, but as for movies:

Pay it Forward-Starting when Trevor announces that "pay it forward" doesn't work! From there it just gets worse.
    Pretty Woman-When Vivian is leaving in the limo and the song "It must have been love" starts playing.
    Old movie-Where the Red Fern Grows when the male dog dies and the female goes over and curls up against him.
    When Bambi's mother dies!

Too many others to mention, or think about without breaking down at work. Hehe.
  • Rosered3333
    Rosered3333 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I am going to let my nerd flag fly now, but the end of Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring when Boromir gets shot with 6-7 arrows and KEEPS fighting gets me EVERY TIME.

Oh, and for some reason "Once" makes me cry all the way through. I think it's because the music is SO good.
  • Rosered3333
    Options
    Most sad dog scenes usually destroy me, so I avoid them.

One tear jerker scene that always got to me was an episode of Fresh Prince. Will's dad leaves his life for the final time, that scene with him and Uncle Phil was very emotional.

That always got me too! That was the first time I went, wow, Will Smith can kind of act!
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    I'm not a big crier at movies... at least I didn't used to be... but the one that could ALWAYS make me cry is that scene in A Walk to Remember when Shane West is crying while driving..... I had tears streaming so bad my face was drenched...

There is just something about watching a man cry that just starts me blubbering like a baby.... it will get me every time.
  • Rosered3333
    Options
    Okay, yet again showing how nerdy I am, the scene from the Futurama episode "Jurassic Bark" when Fry's dog waits for him to come out of the store, but Fry doesn't come back. It's a lot more emotional than it sounds and I just had to step away from my desk because I'm now crying at work.