Can you handle having a CLINGY significant other?

Options
1234568»

Replies

• leogirl724
    Options
    Just as a bit of a thread hijack..

The last line about touching constantly, is that a really bad thing? I've found myself doing that, not always through affection I just know that they love the touch. Maybe it's overused I don't know but I love giving out massages and things :x Never realised it was something that gets on someones nerves but I've kinda just realised I did it quite a lot with the last person I saw. Eeek.
    some people dig it...some don't
    you need to make sure you know who you are with and are matched in that sense
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    Even the existence of a significant other right now would be too much for me.
  • stainlessteel
    Options
    **** ya that's the best kind of luv ;)
  • Sherbog
    Sherbog Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    Put your feet in overdrive and run like the ****ens. Never look back...don't try to take the time to explain to him...just get out.
  • MoLove2025
    MoLove2025 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    it may be alot now.....he we calm down once he knows you love him to (IF YOU DO). Having him is way better than one that wont do any of those things at all.

Heck i am guilty of a 2 or 3 of those....yes i will admit i tell my man i miss him when he isnt around.....hes great company...Life seems a little boring with out him.
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    I had one of those. Lasted a few months. Wouldn't have another if I were paid.
  • wittlelacey
    wittlelacey Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    it may be alot now.....he we calm down once he knows you love him to (IF YOU DO). Having him is way better than one that wont do any of those things at all.

Heck i am guilty of a 2 or 3 of those....yes i will admit i tell my man i miss him when he isnt around.....hes great company...Life seems a little boring with out him.
    I do love him :) I love his family, and his home, and the way he treats me, and that he's done a lot for me. But I don't love the lack of space or the boy that I'm stuck with when I need a man. I'm torn between loving someone and seeking what I need in a significant other. I don't want to make the mistake of letting him go, when he could easily be the one. I just want him to lighten up a bit and give me room to breathe. In the next few days, it will be my mission to make this loud and clear!

Thanks to everyone who replied, even though you all gave me plenty of mixed emotions ahaha
  • muffin_shufflin
    muffin_shufflin Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I dated a guy like this & after about a month & a half- two months, I broke it off. Texting me 24-FREAKING-7 about every little detail of your day isn't a must. I don't need to know that you just killed a spider & now you're drinking grape juice. I like my space. I like not hearing from you so that when I finally do, i'm excited. A little clingy is ok, it's nice to know you're wanted or that they're afraid of losing you. But when you're being suffocated, it's no longer fun & it's just plain annoying. I also vote "run"