Carb Conscious Peeps - May 2009

Options

Replies

• codykitty
    codykitty Posts: 729
    Options
    Oh Lioness so sorry to hear you were without lights again. That is for the birds. I have eaten things that I should't at the hospital but I have not had a binged yet/Thanks god. I might hit me one day before it is all over with. I hope not. I have been eating lots of strawberries 1/2 c at a time with my meals. I am gettimg a metalic taste in my mounth. Doe that goes along with low carbs? IN that pumpkin pudding you don't used any milk or cream? Just eggs. spices, pumpkin and some kind of sugar. I bouught some Agrave sugar several months ago and have not used any yet for the calories that is in it.

Caliecat

The taste in your mouth that is metallic, is that it or is your tongue numb or burning?

Low carbing will cause a metallic taste in your mouth from your body burnig fat. It is called Ketosis. That is a good sign.............

Just need to drink lots of water to flush out your body!!!

yes, i know! but it is also a symptom of burning togue syndrom, which is nothing to worry about, but is treated very differently.
  • LeanLioness
    LeanLioness Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Good evening everyone!!!

Where is everyone at? I had a busy day at work today and just now logging onto my home laptop to catch up for the day.

I have been bad again, but I will get back on track. Need to go to the grocery store and stock up on veggies and fruit............
  • cloverluv
    cloverluv Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Sorry I couldn't get on today. It was a horrible day. I honestly haven't eaten anything. We were supposed to start moving today into my mom's boyfriends rental house. Well, we got a call and the house blew up with him inside. He was getting it ready and just had a new propane tank installed and when he went to light the furnace it ingited a small leak. He is alive but has severe burns all over his body. The house is completely gone. I'm just so thankful that we weren't there. We were supposed to be there right before it happened but I couldn't get my husband out of bed. It's been a long time since I've cried so much....maybe because my mom is so upset.

Anyways...I hope everyone had a good day. God bless you all.

Crys
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    What a horriable day you did have. thanks goodness your Mom boyfriend is still alive. But he must be in horrible pain. Keep us informed.. Crys I am so glad you and your family was not there. you take care.:flowerforyou:

To all other low carbers Good morning. I have gain some weight. I have not been 100% on the program. I will have to get over all these surgery before I can settle my nerves down. I am going to work on it today tho.

Hopr the rest of you are doing OK.

Your friend :flowerforyou: Caliecat
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    Oh Crys-
    How terrible.
    What an awful thing.
  • MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Chrys - I am so sorry!! What a horrible thing to happen. So glad you and your hubby weren't there. So glad he wouldn't get out of bed!! In hindsight it sure saved you guys. I hope your mom's boyfriend recovers quickly - you are all in my prayers :flowerforyou:
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    MTGirl--- congrats on getting below 200. What a great feeling . I know I have been there and never want to go back/

Hey girls and guys What did you have for breakfast?

I had 2 scamble eggs, slice tomatoes and a big glass of ice warer. Yum

Calie
  • cloverluv
    cloverluv Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Well...yesterday of course was a disaster for eating. I didn't eat ALL day and then last night just started what I call emotional eating. Guess I needed the reality check. Thank you for all your prayers. My mom's bf is doing much better...he has a lot of pride.

Today we are looking for somewhere to live. We only have 2 weeks so I hope we can find something fast. My mom is already trying to find us something. No matter how I old I get, I still need her. :smile:

This morning I made myself some fresh squeezed orange juice. Ran out of oranges and now have the craving for more...lol.

MT-congrats on the weight loss. I love your determination!

Now...to figure out what to eat...maybe an omelot. Have a great day everyone. God bless you!
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Crys--- So glad your mother BF is doing better. And I wish him well on his recovery.

You know we never get to old to want to be with our mothers. Mine have been gone for 6 years now and I still want to call her nearly everyday to find out something. I missed her terrible.

Hope you find you a place to moved too soon.

Take care and do the best you can thru all of this.
    My prayers are with you and your family/
    Calie:flowerforyou:
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    hey check this pizza out. I gonna try it for lunch. Looks so good. and I love pizza..
    http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/skillet_pizza.html

Calie
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    Hubby & I catered a swim meet yesterday (sort of.)
    We provided lunch for all the coaches & timers & officials - about 150. Well, since there's food left over, I'll be eating lots of sliced ham, roast beef & raw veggies all week! :wink:
    We took sliced meats, 4 kinds of cheeses, rolls for making sandwiches, veggie tray, green salad, pasta salad, apples & cookies.
    We fed all 150 for $2 each. It was work, but lots of fun. And I love what's left over! :bigsmile:
  • sherri_pie22b
    sherri_pie22b Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I thought it was ok to eat carbs as long as they were whole grain....Someone please let me know the deal on this...
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    I thought it was ok to eat carbs as long as they were whole grain....Someone please let me know the deal on this...

Hi Cherry Pie, I am just getting into this low carb eating and learning thru my mistakes. Some of the others that been on it longer than me may be able to explain it to you. I am a diabetic and have to watch my carbs. And I have not loss any on it yet. But i am having a series of surgery and that may explain it. but I am sticking with it. I still have one more surgery this Friday and don't know when the other is going to be. I hope soon so i can get this all behind me.I am having stints put in my legs to help circulations. And get on with my eating plans.

Calie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Hey gang--- I am reading up on Dr. Michael R. Eades,MD and his wife book call The 30 day Low- carb Solution. From What i read I am to only get 10 carbs per meal.
    For breakfast
    2 scramble eggs, 2 slices of bacon, 1 slice tomatos====6 carbs
    For lunch---
    cheese piazza made with 2 oz. shredded cheese in a 10 in skilett top with ham and italian spices 0 carbs
    From Linda Low carb recipes
    1 low carb tortilla baked in oven==5 carbs net
    1/2 c watermelon===5 carbs
    total 10 carbs
    For supper do not know yet.

Does this sound about right?
  • LeanLioness
    Options

Hi and welcome. Some people are more "carb" sensitive or have food allergies............

Sugar is not okay
    White flour is not ok
    Grains such as corn, wheat, white potatos, white rice - not good for you either............

Wholesome green leafy vegetables, non-starchy vegetables, lots of protein, nuts, seeds, berries, low - glycemic fruits (apples, peaches, pears, grapefruit, grapes, plums, nectarines, melons - to name a few)...........

Lots and lots of water.
  • stillkristi
    stillkristi Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Hi, gang, been a way for a while. just checking in cuz Callie stopped by my over 300 club thread to say hi. Hi Cal! Everyone else, hope all is well. Crys, SO SORRY about the house, and your mother's BF. WOW! Life is a precious gift, and those kinds of things remind us.

Everyone, have a good day.

Sherri-pie there is a wide range of feeling about carbs - all the way from they should be most of your diet to most of us on this thread, following some sort of carb restriction. I find when I keep my carb intake at about 60 to 80 grams a day, I do great. That is still a lot more than say Atkins in the early phases. And, I have to eliminate simple carbs and grains, which leaves me with greens, which still gives you a ton of stuff to choose from. I also don't eat a ton of fruit, and if I am eating fruit, or say bread, its in the morning, not later in the day.

There is a lot more to know about this, check out some of the threads on nutrition and you will get a lot of info.

See ya :happy:

Kristi
  • LeanLioness
    Options
    Hey gang--- I am reading up on Dr. Michael R. Eades,MD and his wife book call The 30 day Low- carb Solution. From What i read I am to only get 10 carbs per meal.
    For breakfast
    2 scramble eggs, 2 slices of bacon, 1 slice tomatos====6 carbs
    For lunch---
    cheese piazza made with 2 oz. shredded cheese in a 10 in skilett top with ham and italian spices 0 carbs
    From Linda Low carb recipes
    1 low carb tortilla baked in oven==5 carbs net
    1/2 c watermelon===5 carbs
    total 10 carbs
    For supper do not know yet.

Does this sound about right?

It is a good start.............

Everyone's body is different. So, maybe you can only eat a max of 45-50 grams of carbs, keep your blood sugar in check and I might be able to have more carbs............

Depends on your body chemistry and also your activity level.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Thanks Kristi, I get so much information from you. I am following Dr. Eades 30 daydiet solution and measuring everything this week, I had gain 5 lbs last week after the surgery and just like magic it was gone this morning back down to my ticker weight now. I am so glad. His book is so simple to read , I'm talking about the 30 day diet book. I also got the cookbook. From what i figure out i am to eat 10 gram of carbs per meal. in the early stages. And then up it later on. I got his regular book too only too complecated for me.

Hello Crys, How are things this morning? Still looking for a house? How is you mother coping and her BF.

Lioness how was the fish fry? Sounds good. eating.

I am looking for a good protein powder that don't have aspoertane or fruitose in it Would GMC have it,?

And a great morning to all the others here.

Caliecat
  • LeanLioness
    Options
    Thanks Kristi, I get so much information from you. I am following Dr. Eades 30 daydiet solution and measuring everything this week, I had gain 5 lbs last week after the surgery and just like magic it was gone this morning back down to my ticker weight now. I am so glad. His book is so simple to read , I'm talking about the 30 day diet book. I also got the cookbook. From what i figure out i am to eat 10 gram of carbs per meal. in the early stages. And then up it later on. I got his regular book too only too complecated for me.

Hello Crys, How are things this morning? Still looking for a house? How is you mother coping and her BF.

Lioness how was the fish fry? Sounds good. eating.

I am looking for a good protein powder that don't have aspoertane or fruitose in it Would GMC have it,?

And a great morning to all the others here.

Caliecat

CalieCat -

The smoked fish was really good. We also have 14 pounds of strawberries. I took about 6 pounds an made some sugar-free jelly yesterday...........

Also, go to http://www.jayrobb.com/cat_proteinwheyall.asp

The protein powder tastes the best I have ever tried and it is sweetened with Stevia, instead of fructose, aspartame, splenda, etc............. It is all natural!!!
  • MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!! How was the weekend?? Thanks for all the nice comments on my weight loss :heart:
    Was a busy weekend - had to work Sat a.m. and then spend the afternoon planting flowers and working around the house. Then Sun, we packed lunch again and went hiking. Went back up to Sioux Charlie lake - this time hiked all the way in. BEAUTIFUL!! Didn't get home until late - and I didn't eat low carb either. But my body did need the fuel - According to MFP during my 4 hours of hiking I torched over 2000 calories. But, I dropped my time to 2 hours because I was going pretty slow with my 5 year old. So, now it says about 1200 calories burned - which I still think is a lot :laugh: But it sure was fun and beautiful!!