Carb Conscious Peeps - May 2009

Options
191011121315»

Replies

• CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    hello you low carbers. I am so tire of eating the same things over and over again. Hope I can get out of this mood that I am in. What do you do when you have one of these spells.?

Calie
  • LeanLioness
    LeanLioness Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    hello you low carbers. I am so tire of eating the same things over and over again. Hope I can get out of this mood that I am in. What do you do when you have one of these spells.?

Calie

Find recipes and try new stuff!!!

Add in a veggie that you have never tried before..........it is amazing how our taste buds change!!
  • LeanLioness
    LeanLioness Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    I am starting Carb Conscious Peeps - June 2009 today.........
  • codykitty
    codykitty Posts: 729
    Options
    French Cheesecakes
    (Gateux au Fromage Blanc)

1 Large egg
    1 Large egg white
    1/2 cup sugar (substitute 1/4 cup Splenda or Stevia)
    1 cup fromage blanc
    4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, at room temperature (I use regular cream cheese)
    zest 1 lemon
    zest of 1 orange
    3 Tbls. strawberry jam
    1 cup sliced hulled fresh strawberries
    2 Tbls. water (optional)

Preheat the oven to 300 Degs F. Bring 6 cups water to a boil.

In a small bowl, combine the egg, egg white, sugar, and vanilla. Beat with an
    electric mixer until pale yellow.

Coat four (4 ounce) ramekins with nonstick spray. Place an equal portion of the cheese batter in each ramekin. Place the ramekins in a small baking dish. Add enough boiling water to come halfway up the sides of the ramekins. Bake for 45 minutes, or until the center is set.

Remove the ramekins from the oven and baking dish. Place on a wire rack to cool. Refrigerate for 3 hours.

Place the jam, lemon juice, and 1/2 cup of the strawberries in a blender or a food processor fitted with the metal blade. Process until smooth. If the sauce is too thick, thin with the water. Transfer to a small bowl. Cover and refrigerate. Dip the bottom of the ramekins into very hot water for no more than 10 seconds. Wipe dry and invert each ramekin into a chilled dessert bowl. Drizzle an equal portion of sauce over each plate and top with the remaining strawberries.

4 servings

302 calories
    10 G. total fat
    7 G saturated fat

I don't do the sauce. I just make the cheese cake and put my sugar free preserves over it.

Also, you can get the Fromage Blanc at Whole Foods.
  • codykitty
    codykitty Posts: 729
    Options
    just thought i would see if anyone is still low carbing it?
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Coty
    we are in Aug. look for us inder motivation and support for the month of Aug.. also Lioness and I are posting on a new thread: Will send you the link tpmorrow. right now it is late and my brain isn't wprking judt right. Callie