Carb Conscious Peeps - May 2009

Options

Replies

• LeanLioness
    LeanLioness Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Hey! Lo Carbers!:wink:
    Didja all have a good day back at the old grind today?
    I had a great weekend, but no loss last week. :grumble: It will go - soon I hope.
    Tonight's dinner is a
    Chinese chicken salad -
    half bag lettuce shreds
    half bag coleslaw
    half bag broccoli slaw
    pea pods
    red pepper, sliced
    sliced almonds
    2 cooked chicken breasts - boneless, skinless, chopped, marinating in Kraft sesame dressing
    Toss it all together, using the dressing from the chicken (since it was precooked) add more if you need to.
    Serves 2 starving big eaters!
    :bigsmile:

That salad sounds FANTASTIC!!!

Do you mind if I steal it?
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    Go for it.
    I also add some red pepper flakes to make it more spicy. Hubby sometimes adds crunchy noodles, but it's fine without because of all the crunchy stuff.
    The actual dressing is Kraft Light Asian Sesame.
    enjoy!:bigsmile:
  • LeanLioness
    Options
    Go for it.
    I also add some red pepper flakes to make it more spicy. Hubby sometimes adds crunchy noodles, but it's fine without because of all the crunchy stuff.
    The actual dressing is Kraft Light Asian Sesame.
    enjoy!:bigsmile:

How many carbs are in that dressing?
  • LeanLioness
    Options
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

I am so proud of my lunch today that I ook a picture of it. :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

<<<<<<<SEE!!!!
  • cloverluv
    cloverluv Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

I am so proud of my lunch today that I ook a picture of it. :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

<<<<<<<SEE!!!!

I love it! :laugh:
  • shagybear33
    shagybear33 Posts: 272
    Options
    Hello.

After examining my meals for the past week, I decided to cut out the nasty carbs again. It's amazing how fast they creep up and get to an insane level. I think that may have been what's stalling my weight loss once again.

Yesterday was supposed to be my day 1, but we had a power outage and ended up having take out from a buger place. Yuck!!

Tonite's Dinner is chicken breast, mashed fauxtatoes, and a salad. HUGE improvement over yesterday's.. Hahah.

Hope everyone is having a great day so far!!
  • LeanLioness
    Options
    Hello.

After examining my meals for the past week, I decided to cut out the nasty carbs again. It's amazing how fast they creep up and get to an insane level. I think that may have been what's stalling my weight loss once again.

Yesterday was supposed to be my day 1, but we had a power outage and ended up having take out from a buger place. Yuck!!

Tonite's Dinner is chicken breast, mashed fauxtatoes, and a salad. HUGE improvement over yesterday's.. Hahah.

Hope everyone is having a great day so far!!

Hi and welcome!!!

When we had power outages a couple of weeks ago, I did the burger thing and asked for it with no bun, just ate the burger, cheese, lettuce, tomato, onion, pickle and mustard.
  • Georg
    Options
    How many carbs are in that dressing?
    [/quote]

7 carbs in 2 Tbsp

Tonight we had taco salad - no chips
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Hi shaggybear and welcome.I ended up eating a sl. of toast abd a bowl of icecream. the first time i gone off the wagon since I got out of the hospital. and I was down 2 lbs. this morning. I'm glad of that.

Lioness I got my power shake , And for lunch I had a strawberry shake. pretty good. with frozen strawberrys a 1/4 c. of heavy cream.

Crys,--- Glad you have found a place to live. that moving is a pain in the neck.

Say Georg you seems to be doing oK,

Mtgirl. How are you doing?

is going to take me a while to get back in the groove of things. But I will get there.

Calie
  • cloverluv
    cloverluv Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Well tomorrow we start moving and my house is a disaster area right now. Plus all of my food is in boxes so I'm eating frozen and cold stuff right now which is a good thing. Maybe I'll adapt to not eating out of a box!! :happy: Hope everyone has a great day! I'm off to eat a yummy salad with hard boiled egg and tomato...my favorite!!

Crys
  • MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I keep popping in here today - but getting interrupted by work :grumble: This week has been absolutely insane. I almost fell asleep going home last night - and it was only 5:20!! Tues and Wed were the busiest days we've had so far. I think it will start to taper off now a little - it has slowed down to a reasonable pace today! However, the stress eating and donuts around the corner have sabatoged me! I'm trying not to be too hard on myself though - part of me wants to just throw in the towel and the other part wants to beat me up! I'm trying to hold the middle ground - successful so far!!

Today in baby girl's last day of pre-school - so we may go out for icecream tonight to celebrate. Can't believe it's over already! Glad though - the ballet, school, putting up with MIL's shenanigans (she took her to preschool and ballet - when she wasn't sick or just out of sorts with FIL and/or dh!) was getting tiresome. I'll probably be just as relieved when school starts next fall though! :laugh:

Chrys - good luck with the move!! Hope all goes well for you.

Calie - glad you're doing well since you got out of the hospital! We're pullin for ya girl :flowerforyou:

Lioness - hope all is well in your corner of the world.

Georg - that salad sounds amazing!! I'll have to print that sometime :tongue:
  • LeanLioness
    Options
    All is well in my corner of the world.........

Except being extremely busy this week at work..........

I have not spent 1 day in the office all week long.
  • codykitty
    codykitty Posts: 729
    Options
    Help....

so I am headed on a road trip tomorrow which will be about 5-6 hrs. I would like to take some healthy low carb snacks that travel well, so I am not famished. All I can really think of is cheese....

please suggest things :/

side note: I hate nuts
  • lizzy32
    lizzy32 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hello evweeryone iam new to this site and it looks like it has alot of people. I how that it will help like iy has many off you.:wink:
    cheers:smile:
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Hi Lizzy, Welcome to the carbies. I am new to this low carb eating and just learning sort of how it works. But if you have any questions just ask and someone will help you. am folowing the Protein power low carbs diet. There are a bunch of good gals here. I am really proud to know them. they have help me so much. Again Welcome
    Caliecat
  • Georg
    Options
    Help....

so I am headed on a road trip tomorrow which will be about 5-6 hrs. I would like to take some healthy low carb snacks that travel well, so I am not famished. All I can really think of is cheese....

please suggest things :/

side note: I hate nuts

Ok
    So nuts are out...I love nuts...:wink:
    celery sticks with Ranch dip - or any prepackaged cheesy dip
    string cheese
    pea pods
    red pepper slices
    cold cuts - lean sliced meats
    Have fun!
    :bigsmile:
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Look like we are all taking a holiday, Have fun.

Calie
  • Georg
    Options
    I have a potluck at work both Monday & Tuesday.
    I'm taking green salad with lots of yummy Parmesan curls, crumbled bacon, cukes & tomatoes. Then I washed up some beautiful strawberries, sliced cantaloupe & grapes.
    I'll be able to easily resist the grapes & melon.
    :wink:
    Have a good week!
  • MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Good morning low carbers - another Monday and so far it completely sucks. :laugh: Gotta go have some breakfast. See ya'll later.
  • LeanLioness
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone.

I am going to a Naturopathic Dr tomorrow morning to find out if I have hypothyroidism or an Adrenal gland problem.

I have stopped losing weight again and it is so frustrating. There is something else going on in my body that is really weird.

I have more energy, so I am staying with my eating plan no matter what!! Feeling good is very important to me.