Carb Conscious Peeps - May 2009

Options

Replies

• LeanLioness
    LeanLioness Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!! How was the weekend?? Thanks for all the nice comments on my weight loss :heart:
    Was a busy weekend - had to work Sat a.m. and then spend the afternoon planting flowers and working around the house. Then Sun, we packed lunch again and went hiking. Went back up to Sioux Charlie lake - this time hiked all the way in. BEAUTIFUL!! Didn't get home until late - and I didn't eat low carb either. But my body did need the fuel - According to MFP during my 4 hours of hiking I torched over 2000 calories. But, I dropped my time to 2 hours because I was going pretty slow with my 5 year old. So, now it says about 1200 calories burned - which I still think is a lot :laugh: But it sure was fun and beautiful!!

That sounds so nice!!!

I am going to go hiking next weekend. My legs and feet are probably going to hurt like a ______, but I have to start some where!!!
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    I wish there was somewhere close by to hike. We don't have a safe bike path or park or anything less than an hour away. This summer we plan to do some exploring & see what we can find.
  • LeanLioness
    Options
    I wish there was somewhere close by to hike. We don't have a safe bike path or park or anything less than an hour away. This summer we plan to do some exploring & see what we can find.

That really sucks!!

The area where I live has State Parks, caves, hiking paths, rocks to climb and explore, lots of lakes for swimming.........

I can't wait until it stays warm all the time!!!
  • cloverluv
    cloverluv Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! Sorry I haven't been here much lately. Been spending a lot of time with the family. My mom's bf is doing well. He is still being rewrapped everyday. There is no skin on his upper arms and they are going to start graphing for that later this week. He has very high spirits and looking at live very differently these days. He made it to his 62nd bday and that was wonderful.

I haven't been doing well with my eating the last couple of days. Problem is I'm not eating enough to fuel my body. I haven't worked out either so maybe I'll get some running in this evening. Hope everyone has a great day!

Crys
  • Georg
    Options
    Goodness, cloverluv. Hang in there. What a tough situation for all of you.
    :heart:
    I just had the yummiest dinner! I haven't had fast food for months, so I was shocked when we went to Carl's Jr tonight & there's a low carb 6 dollar burger! :noway:
    It was delicious!!!
    I had the bacon guac with no bun.
    Check their website for nutrition info.
    Too cool.
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Good morning all of you.

Georg--- You sound like you love thae outside. used to love to walk in my youger days but now I do good walking around the block. enjoy it while you can. You were wise in leaving off the bun on your hamburger. good girl.

Crys--- I am thinking of you alot and hope everything work out for the best for you and your family.

Leanlioness--- I wish I had one of those shakes now for breakfast. I am out of eggs so I guess it will be cottage cheese and peaches this morning. Tomorrow is our grocer shopping day. I am still holing my weight down but have not lost anymore. Have a ton of things to do today.

Chipper---- Been missing you. How are you doing?

Kristi----What a wonderful outlook on life you have. I read a little bit more of the 30 day low carb diet everyday and kind of know how much t eat now . I have never been the one to flollow a menu plan. I like to know what aand how much to eat and make my own menu up. This is a good plan for me..

MTGirl--- you are a rocking on. Love hearing from you. You and your family seens to have a great time together. So glad you got under the 200 lb. I just hope I never get back up there. I got up to 215 at one time last year. Keep the good work up.

Codykitty--- I never did make the Cheesecake for I am not using the ff jello for it has aspatane in it and I have cut it complely out of my diet. But it sounds good. Maybe one of these days I will learn to make Jello out of Kool aid and can make it.

everuone have a wonderful day

thanks to all for showing me this way of life.

Marie:heart::heart: :heart:
  • MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options

Yeah - we had to drive an hour and a half to get to the trail head. Worth it though!! There are some paths here in town, but out in the mountains is better - we are about 1 - 2 hours from the Beartooth Mountain Range depending on what section.

How is everyone today?? I thought we were going to have a slower day, but NOT! Trying to eat lunch right now and catch up a little. I think we may be going camping this weekend - I can't wait. Any good holiday weekend plans out there?? Watch those barbecues :laugh:
  • LeanLioness
    Options
    Well, I had a very busy day. I didn't even get to eat lunch.

I made baked hot wings and steamed brocolli with butter and cheese for supper this evening.

Winding down my evening with a vodka and diet coke. :laugh:
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Good morning all you low carbers. Just dropping by to report in.
    I am loving this life style.
    My only concern is I am not getting my milk in. too many carbs. I need to get me some calcium pills.
    I know I am in the early stage and still learning I am getting around 40 carbs a day. And not much fiber yet. Be back later

Calie
  • LeanLioness
    Options
    Good morning all you low carbers. Just dropping by to report in.
    I am loving this life style.
    My only concern is I am not getting my milk in. too many carbs. I need to get me some calcium pills.
    I know I am in the early stage and still learning I am getting around 40 carbs a day. And not much fiber yet. Be back later

Calie

Why not get some heavy cream or some table cream, add a little stevia and some water and make your own milk????
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Now Leanlioness that sounds good Good ideal. Thanks
    Calie
  • Georg
    Options
    I get a lot of my calcium in cheese. I love it & it's so filling.
    I had a lo carb cobb salad tonight at Mimi's Cafe. I didn't realize there are so many dishes from there already in the database. Cool.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Georg, I do eat a lot of cheese. just love it. I made some Jalopeno peppers cut them in half get all the seeds out and membrain out Stuff with Mexican cheese and bake till cheese melt and peppers get brown some around the edge. I keep these made up and cut them up in my salads. Or just eat them them plain. Oh so good. Not too hot. I usally do six at a time for my husband do not eat them. They last me for several days. I like them cold in my salads or you can warm them up in the microwave. This
    reccipe is in Linda's low carb recipes under appetiser.

Calie
  • LeanLioness
    Options
    Georg, I do eat a lot of cheese. just love it. I made some Jalopeno peppers cut them in half get all the seeds out and membrain out Stuff with Mexican cheese and bake till cheese melt and peppers get brown some around the edge. I keep these made up and cut them up in my salads. Or just eat them them plain. Oh so good. Not too hot. I usally do six at a time for my husband do not eat them. They last me for several days. I like them cold in my salads or you can warm them up in the microwave. This
    reccipe is in Linda's low carb recipes under appetiser.

Calie

I make Jalapeno poppers too. I use cream cheese in the middle and wrap them in bacon. OOOO yummy!!!

I had steamed brocolli with cheese again tonight along with a big fat rib-eye steak from grass fed beef.
  • Georg
    Options
    I make them, too!
    :heart:
    Great minds!
    I use Alouette herb cheese - basically softened herbed cream cheese & wrap in bacon. But they never last long enough to eat cold. :grumble:
  • cloverluv
    cloverluv Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!

You all know how to make my mouth water. I have so many recipes to try just from this thread haha. I just finished entering in my foods today and I didn't even reach 600 calories! I felt like I was eating all day. I know I'm busy but my goodness! My mom keeps stressing to me that I need to take care of myself but it's hard right now. I constantly feel like I'm forcing myself to eat.

Anyhow...tomorrow is my son's 8th birthday and I'm planning on making us a nice breakfast and hoping for a relaxing day. Only 1 appt to look at a house so it shouldn't be too hard to manage :wink:

Crys
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Hello Crys
    Things are still not normal around your house. Your Mom's BF is he doing OK?.
    My granddaughter is coming in from Springfield. Mo. to visist with her Brother Who live in Denton, Texas.They live on Lake Texahoma. She wants to get her a nice Texas tan while she is here. We will go out to eat for lunch. Mexican Food. Hope I choose my food wisely. I can do it.

Georg and Leanlioness, will have to try the peppers with bacon. Sounds good.

Have a wonderful day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Calie
  • LeanLioness
    Options
    Hey Calie and Good morning to everyone else.

Going out to eat Mexican and Low carb is easy!!!!

Get the fajitas with sour cream and the guacamole................mix it all together and eat it off the plate. Just don't eat the flour tortillas.

I always get a mix of chicken and steak..............with scrumptious peppers, onions and tomato mixed in with it.

Or get a salad and just don't eat the tortilla bowl it comes in................

I started over again yesterday guys. I have to get my binging under control. I am beginning to think I am relapsing with bulimia. I am binging and getting the want to purge it. Trying to fight that urge........and I only binge when no one else is around except the puppies................They just want some too. My hubby calls home at night from work and asks what I am doing..............always say nothing, but have a big bowl or plate of something in front of me. I am even binging on healthy stuff................
  • LeanLioness
    Options
    Hey everyone!

You all know how to make my mouth water. I have so many recipes to try just from this thread haha. I just finished entering in my foods today and I didn't even reach 600 calories! I felt like I was eating all day. I know I'm busy but my goodness! My mom keeps stressing to me that I need to take care of myself but it's hard right now. I constantly feel like I'm forcing myself to eat.

Anyhow...tomorrow is my son's 8th birthday and I'm planning on making us a nice breakfast and hoping for a relaxing day. Only 1 appt to look at a house so it shouldn't be too hard to manage :wink:

Crys

Hey Crys. Are you eating enough protein???

Can you make some hard boiled eggs to carry along? Celery sticks, etc??
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    leanlioness.. I think that is the story of oy lives. Diet and binge. Never hit the happy medium. I must admit I have not had an all out binge spell lately. I do feel like I overeat . thanks for the tip on Mexican food. ----Calie