ooooohhhh goodness

Options
tabchanges
tabchanges Posts: 1,435 Member
My workplace has put up signs on "Proper Sneezing" all over the office due to the Swine Flu.

:sick:

Replies

• tabchanges
    Options
    My workplace has put up signs on "Proper Sneezing" all over the office due to the Swine Flu.

:sick:
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    I have school age kids and every day there is something being emailed or sent home with hand washing instructions, sneezing and coughing info, when to keep kids home from school etc. I guess there are enough people out there that are idiots and rude that they have to educate. I know parents send their kids to school and just wait for the school nurse to call them at work so they don't officially have to call out of work for the day...because a call from the nurse is an emergency.

ugh........:noway:
  • ericac
    ericac Posts: 2,679
    Options

Hey Tab......We can't call it "Swine Flu" anymore either...not politically correct..now it's H1N1......
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    I forgot but my daughter is 14 and this is her allergy season and now everytime she sneezes she says swine flu while doing it :laugh: :laugh: nothing like adding a little humor.
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options

Hey Tab......We can't call it "Swine Flu" anymore either...not politically correct..now it's H1N1......

i like to call it 'bacon boogers'.

my work has asked me to put together a 'reaction plan due to pandemic' for my team. really? this is nutzo.
  • tabchanges
    Options
    HAHAHAHA bacon boogers. wtf.
  • heather0mc
    Options
    bahahahaha! piggies! :laugh:
  • ericac
    Options

i like to call it 'bacon boogers'.

my work has asked me to put together a 'reaction plan due to pandemic' for my team. really? this is nutzo.

LMAO.....Bacon Boogers is GOOD...I'll have to pass that around the office!.....Girl your crazy:laugh:
  • tabchanges
    Options
    Heather is such a Looney Toon
  • Mary4Jesus
    Mary4Jesus Posts: 219
    Options
    We can't call it "Swine Flu" anymore either...not politically correct..now it's H1N1......
    [/quote]

Ericac....are you serious about Swine Flu now being called H1N1? What's the reason behind it? That really amazing me.
    My last name is Black and now there's things that won't except my name and in a very politically correct way tell me I'm not very nice and that I need to use my last name.
    Wow what is happening here?
  • tabchanges
    Options
    Who wants to know the different ways to properly sneeze and cough?

1. Sneeze into your sleeve.
    2. Use a tissue and a trash can!
    3. Used your hand? WASH IT IMMEDIATELY!
  • heather0mc
    Options

who wants to use a trash can everytime they sneeze? that would be weird. and your sleeve? no thanks. id be running up to someone i dont like and use their sleeve instead! :glasses:
  • tabchanges
    Options
    I have no idea who came up with that list.
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    Our hospital has restricted patient visitors to only essential adult visitors -- parents, spouse/domestic partner and spiritual counselors. No kids, no cousins, no sisters-in-law.
  • ericac
    Options

who wants to use a trash can everytime they sneeze? that would be weird. and your sleeve? no thanks. id be running up to someone i dont like and use their sleeve instead! :glasses:
    If ya don't like em anyway....sneeze in their face...or all over their lunch would be good!...lol:laugh: :wink:
  • ericac
    Options
    We can't call it "Swine Flu" anymore either...not politically correct..now it's H1N1......

Ericac....are you serious about Swine Flu now being called H1N1? What's the reason behind it? That really amazing me.
    My last name is Black and now there's things that won't except my name and in a very politically correct way tell me I'm not very nice and that I need to use my last name.
    Wow what is happening here?
    [/quote]
    Hey Ms. Black!...lol I work at a a VA hospital and they say to be correct....whatever!...lol:laugh: :wink:
  • TROUBLE2
    TROUBLE2 Posts: 6,660
    Options
    Hey Ms. Black!...lol I work at a a VA hospital and they say to be correct....whatever!...lol:laugh: :wink:

HEY Erica... I dated a girl (a few years back) who is an AUD and she works at the VA in Temple now, is that the same hospital you work at? I just had dinner with her last night at Maggiano's... I fell off the wagon HARD... hit my head and passed the F out...

what? my weakness is cheesecake *shrugs*... :tongue: mmmm nummy nums
  • paddlemom
    paddlemom Posts: 682 Member
    Options

Well, not your sleeve per se...but sneeze or cough into the crook of your elbow as opposed to your hand. There has been a strong push on behalf of most health organizations to change to this behaviour for quite some time...but more folks are hearing about it now, thanks to Pandemic Panic!

I think it's a good habit for "everyday" coughs and sneezes but IMHO if you are so sick that you are leaving tracks on your sleeves, do me a favour and stay home!!!:sick:
  • heather0mc
    Options

If ya don't like em anyway....sneeze in their face...or all over their lunch would be good!...lol:laugh: :wink:

too bad i like most everyone...thats an awesome gotcha plan!
  • heather0mc
    Options
    Heather is such a Looney Toon

where's the spinning eyeball smiley when you need it??? :laugh: