Dangers of Vegetarian & Vegan Diets Long-Term

Options

Replies

• albinogorilla
    albinogorilla Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    I am however against being vilified for eating animals.

I don't do that either... I'm a vegetarian.. if you and me go out to a restaurant and you ordered steak, i would say, "oh, do you enjoy that yummy food?" I won't go "EWWWW STEAK!! YOU"RE WRONG!!"

There are some extreme vegans out there, but not all of us like that. So idk why some people would wanna start this silly thread in the first place.

If you want me to buy hot dogs or hamburgers for you, I do that.

I like you...and not just be cause you asked me out and offered to go grocery shopping for me..... :-)
  • WingMan380
    WingMan380 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    4 seperate animals died to feed me today, and another 4 will die tomorrow, and again the next day........sometimes many many more............

And the fact that you are proud of that makes my heart hurt a little.

animals are delicious.................

PETA = People Eating Tasty Animals
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    Most of America's health problems are becasue we are country of fat, lazy slobs that don't exercise. Not necessarily what we eat. Europeans eat as bad or worse than we do, but they don't have nearly the health problems. Asians still smoke and drink their *kitten* off and again, not overweight nor do they have the instances of health problems. Hell they eat RAW MEAT

might wanna check that. many of the healthier asian populations are (mostly if not completely) vegetarian.

europeans have quite a few health problems from diet incl. heart disease. it's more of a western world plague rather than just America. The difference is they just aren't as fat, because they walk in towns and cities instead of driving everywhere, don't work 10 hour days sitting on their butt, and buy fresh food and cook at home more often.

I go to Japan every few years. they are not vegetarian. Europeans don't have nearly the problems associated with being overfat because they aren't overweight in general
  • queenpushycat
    queenpushycat Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    I am however against being vilified for eating animals.

I don't do that either... I'm a vegetarian.. if you and me go out to a restaurant and you ordered steak, i would say, "oh, do you enjoy that yummy food?" I won't go "EWWWW STEAK!! YOU"RE WRONG!!"

There are some extreme vegans out there, but not all of us like that. So idk why some people would wanna start this silly thread in the first place.

If you want me to buy hot dogs or hamburgers for you, I do that.

I like you...and not just be cause you asked me out and offered to go grocery shopping for me..... :-)

Haha... thank you.

I'm just saying that this thread is POINTLESS. STOP THIS THREAD because it's going nowhere.

I wanna eat my vegetables, then you let me eat them. If you want to eat meat, I buy AND definitely personally cook the meat for you too.

That's my view of having our own freedom of what we eat. I just super annoyed that idiot start this thread AGAINST vegetarianism... this is stupid.
  • Jeff92se
    Options
    Oh I'm an idiot now?

What about the vegetarian that posted about eating meat and mortality? Is that person smart?

Being vetetarian doesn't mean your diet is exempt from being scrutinized. Just like all the OTHER diets get scrutinzed.
  • queenpushycat
    Options
    Oh I'm an idiot now?

What about the vegetarian that posted about eating meat and mortality? Is that person smart?

Being vetetarian doesn't mean your diet is exempt from being scrutinized. Just like all the OTHER diets get scrutinzed.

Well that person is an idiot too!

Tell me who that person is, or i'll find out myself and yell at them lol
  • charismanoodles
    charismanoodles Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Been vegetarian for 8+ years. Blood work is perfect. Works for me!
  • Jeff92se
    Options
    I'm a meat eater and my blood work is good. Clearly one way isn't necessarily better than the other. Both ways allow you to eat crap
  • queenpushycat
    Options
    I'm a meat eater and my blood work is good. Clearly one way isn't necessarily better than the other. Both ways allow you to eat crap

I totally agree.
  • charismanoodles
    Options

True, thus why I'm on this site :D Used to eat like ****, potatoes, rice etc.

TBH, I think theres pros and cons to each diet, just up to each person what they want!
  • queenpushycat
    Options

TBH, I think theres pros and cons to each diet, just up to each person what they want!

oh yeah me too... it's worse when i eat dairy product too.. lol bubble milk tea... PASTA! YUM~ lol that's why i don't force meat eater to eat vegetables only; i just find it frustrating when I need to defend my own diet when some meat eaters don't accept us eating our vegetables... (example, my boyfriend) i cook meat for him, i buy meat for him, and in return... he insults me back.
  • charismanoodles
    Options

oh yeah me too... it's worse when i eat dairy product too.. lol bubble milk tea... PASTA! YUM~ lol that's why i don't force meat eater to eat vegetables only; i just find it frustrating when I need to defend my own diet when some meat eaters don't accept us eating our vegetables... (example, my boyfriend) i cook meat for him, i buy meat for him, and in return... he insults me back.

Oh man, I love bubble tea haha!
    That's horrible about your man D: I do the same, but he respects my choice and eats my meals as well. I think people just assume most vegetarians want to shove there beliefs down your throat, which isn't true...well for me anyway. It's funny when people find out im veggo, they go YOU a vegetarian??
  • queenpushycat
    Options

Oh man, I love bubble tea haha!
    That's horrible about your man D: I do the same, but he respects my choice and eats my meals as well. I think people just assume most vegetarians want to shove there beliefs down your throat, which isn't true...well for me anyway. It's funny when people find out im veggo, they go YOU a vegetarian??

That's the same for me too! My parents are that kinda annoying vegetarians, and I swear to God that I don't do that. Me being a vegetarian is my choice and I certainly understand meat eater having hard time understanding us why we don't eat meat and that they won't give up eating meat. What I don't understand is why meat eater (like my boyfriend) can't just accept that we're vegetarian and respect us instead of yelling at us that NOT EATING MEAT is a SIN! I feel fine without eat meat, then just let me.

and I certainly annoyed by those who are trying to hardcore in "promoting" vegetarianism... it's just crazy.
  • fuzzyslipperz
    fuzzyslipperz Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I've been vegetarian for years..I also have my own pet chickens for eggs and try to limit my dairy. My husband is not vegetarian, but I love him anyways.

I feel great, and I am much healthier in general than the hubby, but I don't think it has anything to do with meat eating - he eats nothing but (non meat) junkfood with an occasional meat product thrown in. :P

I have no interest in proselytizing about my diet to 'non believers' - it's my personal choice and everyone else can make their own choices.
  • katiew00t
    katiew00t Posts: 164
    Options
    :heart: brendan brazier, vegan professional triathlete :heart:

130956301634429098_7b85h4Z7_f.jpg

Does he ever win?

don't troll my posts just because you didn't like what I had to say in your forum.

I don't care what you said on my post... i am asking a legit question, does he ever win???

Yes.
  • lovemydrmartens
    lovemydrmartens Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    It's about balance... it always is... i know healthy veggies, I've been one for 32 years, my Son has been one his entire life... I also know healthy meat eaters..

people around the world have historically lived long and healthy lives on many different diets, those who point out supposed health risks of each others are usually trying to justify the condemnation they would like to heap upon them...

I gave up being evangelical about my food choices, I'm lucky to have a choice about what i eat...
  • lovemydrmartens
    lovemydrmartens Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    the khaleeji thread killer strikes again! I really should keep out of the forums... :laugh:
  • xASHYxSMASHYx
    xASHYxSMASHYx Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I also wanted to add vegeterians/vegans eat plants which provide oxygen, they are killing ALL OF USSSSSSSSSSSSS.

Hey you are really funny aren't you?

So what would you call these statistics from livestock pollution? This is caused by mass producing livestock. The way that livestock is produced in America is no joke. It causes multiple health issues including MRSA an antibiotic resistant staph bacteria which I almost died from three years ago. So laugh all you want thinking you are real funny with your stupid comments on here. People need to wake up and realize what goes in to the meat that you "let the USDA" provide for you.

http://www.nrdc.org/water/pollution/ffarms.asp

Livestock pollution and public health

California officials identify agriculture, including cows, as the major source of nitrate pollution in more than 100,000 square miles of polluted groundwater.

In Oklahoma, nitrates from Seaboard Farms' hog operations contaminated drinking water wells, prompting the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency to issue an emergency order in June 2001 requiring the company to provide safe drinking water to area residents.

In 1996 the Centers for Disease Control established a link between spontaneous abortions and high nitrate levels in Indiana drinking water wells located close to feedlots.

High levels of nitrates in drinking water also increase the risk of methemoglobinemia, or "blue-baby syndrome," which can kill infants.

Animal waste contains disease-causing pathogens, such as Salmonella, E. coli, Cryptosporidium, and fecal coliform, which can be 10 to 100 times more concentrated than in human waste. More than 40 diseases can be transferred to humans through manure.

In May 2000, 1,300 cases of gastroenteritis were reported and six people died as the result of E. coli contaminating drinking water in Walkerton, Ontario. Health authorities determined that the most likely source was cattle manure runoff.

Manure from dairy cows is thought to have contributed to the disastrous Cryptosporidium contamination of Milwaukee's drinking water in 1993, which killed more than 100 people, made 400,000 sick and resulted in $37 million in lost wages and productivity.

In this country, roughly 29 million pounds of antibiotics -- about 80 percent of the nation's antibiotics use in total -- are added to animal feed every year to speed livestock growth. This widespread use of antibiotics on animals contributes to the rise of resistant bacteria, making it harder to treat human illnesses.

Large hog farms emit hydrogen sulfide, a gas that most often causes flu-like symptoms in humans, but at high concentrations can lead to brain damage. In 1998, the National Institute of Health reported that 19 people died as a result of hydrogen sulfide emissions from manure pits.
  • Ladyiianae
    Ladyiianae Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Vegetarian going on 4 years this coming August, haven't felt better in my life, ZERO digestive issues, ZERO IBS, ZERO heartburn, low bad choloesterol, high good cholesterol. I do eat eggs, cheese and dairy but I don't eat anything that has or had a face or is made from any part of it if it's been killed, I am vegetarian not vegan.

To each his or her own, I am the only vegetarian in my family...husband and 2 kids are meat eaters though they've eaten more vegetarian for my benefit but I would never force them. I am vegetarian by choice.

Haters gonna hate but ask me if I care. It works for me.
  • Squidgeypaws007
    Squidgeypaws007 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Shucks guys, a post saying we're going to die horribly....better give up vegetarianism and eat meat. Quickly now or you might die before the end of the day.....