New Black Team WEEK 1

Options

Replies

• Vanessa414
    Vanessa414 Posts: 644
    Options
    So my grocery store had ground turkey on sale this week and I've never tried that before and I picked some up. I found two recipes, one for burgers and one for meatloaf and they both sound really good! I'm excited to try them.
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    Lol, bacon salt? I love woot.

No body wants it though and today is a woot off and I want a HRM I hope they do it last or something.
  • Girlmom282109
    Options
    So my grocery store had ground turkey on sale this week and I've never tried that before and I picked some up. I found two recipes, one for burgers and one for meatloaf and they both sound really good! I'm excited to try them.

I use ground turkey in replace of all my ground beef.
  • Vanessa414
    Options

I use ground turkey in replace of all my ground beef.
    Is it good? I'd love to use it in place of ground beef in my tacos and hot dishes...
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Woo check out my new AV!! :love: :love: :love:

Lol, check out how fat my face is compare to all the older pictures. :sick:

Sam and Marla - Sounds like all three of us are finding ways to kick our sweets cravings... I'm not a part of the no sweets challenge, I just have a huge weakness for them, so 150 calories instead of several hundred is really good for me!!!

Any time you want to jump on in-- we're going till at least June 5th--

Haha "at least" we are going to end up never eating it again. well at least you and Dave. haha I'm eating cake on Madison's birthday. I will have to take a picture of the cake if it turns out good. All she has talked about is her princess castle cake. :huh: :grumble: :laugh:

I can't let him beat me.:angry:
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options

Hope you enjoy both recipes...personally, I prefer ground turkey and chicken to beef most of the time. (I know it's bad, but once in a great while nothing beats a nice, greasy beef burger though. :wink: )
  • Marla64
    Options

Hope you enjoy both recipes...personally, I prefer ground turkey and chicken to beef most of the time. (I know it's bad, but once in a great while nothing beats a nice, greasy beef burger though. :wink: )

Turkey shmurkey-- where's the beef?
  • Vanessa414
    Options
    Lol, bacon salt? I love woot.

No body wants it though and today is a woot off and I want a HRM I hope they do it last or something.

I have the HRM off of woot. It's actually pretty good! Not too many bells and whistles, but it calculates calories and that and the actual HR part is all I wanted
  • Marla64
    Options
    Wheres_the_beef_small.jpg
  • Vanessa414
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • SatelliteCrush80
    Options

LOL. Damn it, now I want a burger. Already had my one for May, so I will be waiting a few more weeks. Sigh.
  • Girlmom282109
    Options
    Woo check out my new AV!! :love: :love: :love:

Lol, check out how fat my face is compare to all the older pictures. :sick:

Sam and Marla - Sounds like all three of us are finding ways to kick our sweets cravings... I'm not a part of the no sweets challenge, I just have a huge weakness for them, so 150 calories instead of several hundred is really good for me!!!

Any time you want to jump on in-- we're going till at least June 5th--

Haha "at least" we are going to end up never eating it again. well at least you and Dave. haha I'm eating cake on Madison's birthday. I will have to take a picture of the cake if it turns out good. All she has talked about is her princess castle cake. :huh: :grumble: :laugh:

I can't let him beat me.:angry:

I know you can't! :laugh:
  • Girlmom282109
    Options

LOL. Damn it, now I want a burger. Already had my one for May, so I will be waiting a few more weeks. Sigh.

One a month huh? that is rough!! I actually had one for the first time in like 6 months the other day and I didn't like it that much. Steak on the other hand can not live without!

Forgot to mention that I started both of my summer classes today. My online math professor thought it would be a great idea to "remind" me at 8:30 this AM by phone that I needed to registar with this other website. Yeah thanks I know that from the 6 emails you sent me "REMINDING" me. YES I was still sleeping Hubs was feeling nice and got up with both of the girls and let me sleep in.

My fingerspelling class has a grand total of 8 students and all of them female. Should be fun. This professor IS my favorite professor of them all though. He was born hearing got some illness and lost all his hearing. He can speak and read lips. He has 9 kids (like you marla) all are hearing. He is the sweetest man. Really a great teacher.
  • musicmom04
    musicmom04 Posts: 670 Member
    Options

hey vanessa!
    i found a great recipe for turkey meatloaf, i actually posted it a couple of months ago.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/37857-weight-watchers-parmesan-turkey-meatloaf?hl=weight+watchers+parmesan+turkey+meatloaf#posts-382672

and we made really good tacos the other night with a recipe from the mayo clinic website. i think hubby just went to google and typed turkey tacos
  • Vanessa414
    Options

hey vanessa!
    i found a great recipe for turkey meatloaf, i actually posted it a couple of months ago.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/37857-weight-watchers-parmesan-turkey-meatloaf?hl=weight+watchers+parmesan+turkey+meatloaf#posts-382672

and we made really good tacos the other night with a recipe from the mayo clinic website. i think hubby just went to google and typed turkey tacos

Awesome!! Thank you!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • SatelliteCrush80
    Options

One a month huh? that is rough!! I actually had one for the first time in like 6 months the other day and I didn't like it that much. Steak on the other hand can not live without!

I'm not a huge fan of red meat in general, so once a month is pretty much my limit, either for steak or a burger. Chicken and seafood are really what I like.
  • musicmom04
    musicmom04 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    mmm seafood...our anniversary is next week, i'll be thinking about some fresh maine seafood til then :love:

maybe some lobstah (i threw in the accent for you marla)
  • lynniejones
    lynniejones Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    I have not ate beef since November. Bacon once or twice. Ham one time at Easter. I'd give up meat all together except I love shrimp and all seafood.
  • ksproston
    ksproston Posts: 6,938 Member
    Options
    Good Evening! You all are doing so great! Keep up the hard work. No sweets til June 5, 21 or 22 sounds dreadful to me. :laugh:

Went for a really long, nice walk tonight with hubs and the kiddos. Pushing the stroller for nearly 1 1/2 hours, I burned well over 400 calories. I was shocked!

After our walk we went to our local Subway for dinner. It was fantastic. Well, everything except for the price. But, it just didn't seem right to go to McD for dinner after all of our hard work. :laugh:

Sweet Dreams!
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Ok its after 11 so I am headin to get in the shower. Went to Walmart to finish buying things for the babyshower and now my head is pounding. I didn't get any extra exercise in other than all the walking I do at work so I guess that was my bad day! Sorry ya'll!! I will do better tomorrow. I am trying to do better! I haven't had any soft drinks today so that is a plus for me! All water and coffee with splenda of course and fat free creamer. Hope you all have a great night! Oh and I ordered the HRM off of Woot and it should be here any day now and I can't wait! Good night!!