New Black Team WEEK 1

Options
1192021222325»

Replies

• Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    I'm from Ma too! But i am on the South coast, so are accents aren't that bad, lol

Question:
    Last night I was out with some friends and they asked me to train/run with them @ a 13k race down in Disney. (my good friend works for Disney)

First off I havent run more than a mile, I am 238 lbs, I am strong but I don't know if i could really do it, and I know you can walk/run but you have to maintain an 18 minute mile or you get pulled off. Also I have been asked to train w/ two of the people up here in MA, is two to three tines sufficient,? and is 4 months enough time to train for a 13k?...I am scared, but I definitely want to try without looking like an idiot....

Before I decide if I am gonna put myself through that I would like some input., lol =)

By the way what run is this? I would love to try. I live about 1 hour 30 minutes from disney.
  • krhbutte
    krhbutte Posts: 246
    Options
    Well, I hope you're all satisfied-- ( you, too, Dave-- ) :angry:

It is now 11:19 and I have exactly one minute and 36 seconds of audio transcribed for the evening. Between all of you lovely people and my family's mega interruptions, I'm behind the eight ball once again. I live there-- truly.

Only thing saving me is work screwed up and didn't send me all I requested, so I don't have as much to do-- now, enough, people-- let me go and do some work-- sheesh!!!!!!!:noway:

Dave screwing with you even from his jail cell, huh? :laugh:

Happy Friday, Black Team! I read back a few posts & now have a horrible craving for a morning burger. Thanks a lot! :tongue:

Kristina - YAY for the extra inches lost & the great calorie burn yesterday!

Sam - NO more 180s for you! WOO HOO! Congrats! :flowerforyou:

Thanks so much for the encouragement!! I know when I see those inches coming off it helps to keep me from getting discouraged. It also can be pretty motivating for me. :drinker:
  • musicmom04
    musicmom04 Posts: 670 Member
    Options

we're neighbors..i'm in Dartmouth!!!

i lived in nb til i was around 25, then lived in dartmouth for 3 years, now live in maine:smile:

so i went shopping at tjmaxx today for some capris and figured i'd need a 14 but brought a couple of 12's in the fitting room...well guess what, the 12's fit!!! i couldn't believe it! when i started out i was in tight 18's and now i'm sitting comfortably in 12's :drinker:
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Got in 650 cals of cardio & strength training in at the gym today. Ran 1.25 miles & then 1.5 miles after ST. WOO!

Sam - you should SO do the 15K at Disney! I think you'd do amazing!
  • 4real
    4real Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Good Morning!!!! Black Team, I'm feeling alot better today :happy: , WOW!! that was a horrible migraine:explode: that I had yesterday. I'm going to get my workourt in this afternoon after the weather cools down. It's going to be in the high 90"s today.
  • Vanessa414
    Vanessa414 Posts: 644
    Options
    Beth,

That's amazing! Great job!!! I can't wait til I can fit in 12's ! You're such an inspiration!!
  • Vanessa414
    Vanessa414 Posts: 644
    Options
    Good Morning!!!! Black Team, I'm feeling alot better today :happy: , WOW!! that was a horrible migraine:explode: that I had yesterday. I'm going to get my workourt in this afternoon after the weather cools down. It's going to be in the high 90"s today.

I'm glad you're feeling better!! :flowerforyou:
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options

i lived in nb til i was around 25, then lived in dartmouth for 3 years, now live in maine:smile:

so i went shopping at tjmaxx today for some capris and figured i'd need a 14 but brought a couple of 12's in the fitting room...well guess what, the 12's fit!!! i couldn't believe it! when i started out i was in tight 18's and now i'm sitting comfortably in 12's :drinker:

That is awesome, Beth!! Way to go.. I am hoping to fit into 14's (comfortably) soon.. almost there..

I'll never get the stupid quotes right...
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options

[/quote]

That is awesome, Beth!! Way to go.. I am hoping to fit into 14's (comfortably) soon.. almost there..
    [/quote]

Beth ...Way to go!!!
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options

we're neighbors..i'm in Dartmouth!!!

Congrats...that's such a great feeling! You go girl!
  • krhbutte
    krhbutte Posts: 246
    Options
    Got in 650 cals of cardio & strength training in at the gym today. Ran 1.25 miles & then 1.5 miles after ST. WOO!

Beans...Way to start off the day right!!
  • SatelliteCrush80
    Options

Glad to hear that you are feeling better! Migraines are no joke.
  • janiebeth
    Options

Great job Beans... I've got a riding lesson on my new loaner horse this afternoon. Yup, I did decide to take him, but we have a lot of work to do.. fun stuff..
  • SatelliteCrush80
    Options

Great job Beans... I've got a riding lesson on my new loaner horse this afternoon. Yup, I did decide to take him, but we have a lot of work to do.. fun stuff..

That's exciting...do you have pictures of him?
  • janiebeth
    Options
    I do - just have to find the dumb cord to attach the camera to the computer.. Will be looking this weekend.

I took before and after picture after a heavy rain so there are some shot where he is really muddy and some where he shines like a new penny..

Stay tuned..
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone! Tonight I have to go to a friend's bbq and am really nervous about it. I think I might eat before going. Is that normal?

That's a plan as long as you can faithfully abstain from food once there--

But it can also be a recipe to have two dinners-- proceed with caution.

Personally, I'd say go to the barbeque and make wise choices-- real food for real life-- you're never going to NOT have barbeque food, so start tonight by eating sensibly. You can do it!

Marla you're so smart! :wink: :flowerforyou:

Oh my-- not really-- just been there, done that--

Like Erma Bombeck, the late humorist, I probably have lost 1.020 pounds in my life-- the same 20 pounds 51 times--

I've tried every "diet" out there, every quick fix, every knucklehead idea-- no offense intended-- about eating first so I don't eat there. Psh-- :noway:

I come from a family where-- this is a true story-- my 400 pound brother makes sure he eats a huge breakfast on Thanksgiving morning so he'll be able to eat more when dinner is served. "If I go into dinner hungry, I fill up too fast."

So-- not smart, just seasoned-- (read old :wink: )
  • janiebeth
    Options
    Come on all - we need to lock this one up before my 1 pm telecom or I will miss it..

Stupid work - interferes with all my fun...:grumble:
  • janiebeth
    Options
    who will it be??
  • Marla64
    Options
    me
  • Marla64
    Options