Dog owners, am i being selfish?

Options
14567810»

Replies

• ZombieChaser
    ZombieChaser Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    Here are my rescue dogs, Dave, and his pillow Lilly :) They are crazy about each other. Dave is 8 and Lilly is 2 x

davlil.jpg

Holy cow! Your Lilly looks like my Lilly!
  • Chairless
    Chairless Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Here are my rescue dogs, Dave, and his pillow Lilly :) They are crazy about each other. Dave is 8 and Lilly is 2 x

davlil.jpg

Thanks guys, wow those guys are beautiful, are they really that colour or is it the flash playing tricks? Looks like one hell of a chocolate cuddle.
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    Danny is gorgeous. Congratulations!

BTW, one of my dogs is named Danny, too.
  • Miss_dannii
    Miss_dannii Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options

davlil.jpg

Thanks guys, wow those guys are beautiful, are they really that colour or is it the flash playing tricks? Looks like one hell of a chocolate cuddle.

They are both black with a white strip on their chest :) You'll see in my profile picture, their 2 beds are behind me, but every night they squish into 1 bed. They just love to cuddle together <3
  • Miss_dannii
    Miss_dannii Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options

davlil.jpg

Holy cow! Your Lilly looks like my Lilly!

I just looked in your pics wow they do look alike! :)
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! Danny is gorgeous, and a very lucky boy! Thank you for adopting! :heart:
  • Italianyc84
    Italianyc84 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    absolutely, and please, PLEASE rescue! My have a 12 year old golden/chow mix; we had two others who passed away last year. Two weeks ago we adopted a 12 year old schnauzer/terrier mix from a local shelter...poor thing. How can you give up your dog after 12 years?? But, our golden is happy to have a friend, and the schnauzer is happy to have a home :-)
  • tiggersstar
    tiggersstar Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    congrats on your new furry mate, glad you are happy and have made it work for you

:flowerforyou:
  • skinyminniedisney
    Options
    NO DOGGY DAY CARE!!! :grumble: GIVE HIM A FRIEND (GET TWO FLUFFYS) :laugh: :tongue: :love: :flowerforyou: :smooched: :bigsmile:
  • crazytreelady
    crazytreelady Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    No, not selfish at all... As long as you love it when you come home and exercise, there's nothing wrong with that.
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Whether you leave for 5 minutes or 5 hours, your dog doesn't really have a concept of 'she'll be back in X amount of time'. Dogs sleep about 14 hours a day. Mine has been left alone for 8 hours and she's just fine. Happy as pie when we come home! :) Make sure that when you have the time, you give your pup plenty of exercise. We spend weekends hiking, we run a few times a week, and visit the dog park a few times a week.
  • tabulator32
    tabulator32 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Just my two cents:

Some breeds are needier than others.

Most medium and larger dogs are perfectly fine by themselves. On the other hand, if you get an adult dog and it is accustomed to being around other dogs, it may get lonely by itself.

just a thought.