Let's Talk About Shirataki Noodles

Options

Replies

• materbone
    materbone Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Great post! I'm a recent convert to Shirataki noodles, and I love them. FYI, this is the cheapest place I've found online to order them...shipping adds a bit to the cost, but it's still cheap if you do a bulk order.

http://www.asianfoodgrocer.com/category/shirataki-noodles
  • Amazon_Who
    Amazon_Who Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Bump

So I can find this post again once I find the noodles.
  • angiemartin78
    angiemartin78 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    bumping for later
  • madi35
    madi35 Posts: 24
    Options
    Thank you! Always looking for new ideas for my Shirataki Noodles. Can't wait to check out your blog!
  • sinluas
    sinluas Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    bump, thanks for the info
  • nikkicormier82
    nikkicormier82 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    lol! ur hilarious! and smart:) thx!
  • ErnieM88
    ErnieM88 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    anyone had any joy finding them in England?
  • aliric
    aliric Posts: 69
    Options
    Just saw on the Nat Berkus show today..A chef was useing them in a stir fry. And Nat said they were really good..:))) Guess what I'm going to buy tomorrow??? Shirataki Noodles..
  • Ttopeka
    Ttopeka Posts: 160
    Options
    I saw this thread earlier today, and since I was intrigued, I went out and bought some tonight - the tofu kind. I found them at my local grocery store (Giant Eagle). Haven't done anything with them yet as I'm not hungry, but perhaps in a few hours or tomorrow afternoon. I'm interested to see if I like them or not, but the stories about the smell kind of scare me...
  • Healthy_4_Life2
    Healthy_4_Life2 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I just didn't like them when I tried them last year. I didn't cook it like you just described though. They were smelly, even when I washed them. I tried several times to get used to them, but it just didn't like the. After reading this, I will try them again using your technique.

Thanks for posting :flowerforyou:
  • finallychelle
    finallychelle Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I saw this thread earlier today, and since I was intrigued, I went out and bought some tonight - the tofu kind. I found them at my local grocery store (Giant Eagle). Haven't done anything with them yet as I'm not hungry, but perhaps in a few hours or tomorrow afternoon. I'm interested to see if I like them or not, but the stories about the smell kind of scare me...

The smell quickly rinses away-- and it's only about 1/10th of what a can of tuna fish smells like when you open it.

I love fish so I don't find it to be the least bit offensive.

Fear not!

Just be sure to dry fry them.

-Chelle
  • BriskaPacojame
    Options
    bump
  • Dynamofan
    Dynamofan Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I made cajun chicken pasta with them last night and was really really impressed!
  • finallychelle
    finallychelle Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I made cajun chicken pasta with them last night and was really really impressed!

Sounds delish!
  • Vernswifevickie
    Vernswifevickie Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    commenting so I can find this later.
  • ryall70
    ryall70 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    bump
  • darlilama
    darlilama Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    bump
  • angel79202
    angel79202 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    thanks!
  • ChristineS_51
    ChristineS_51 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    I've never tried these but have seen the ads pop up and read about them. It sounded too good to be true! We have an Asian store here in Mandurah, and the Coles has an Asian section, so will try some if they have them. I HATE the smell of fish sauce so will be doing as one poster suggested and cut the package open into a colander under the running water to get rid of the smell.

Definitely want to try these - if you never try you will never know, hey!

Thanks Chelle for posting, very entertaining opening post, thanks for sharing :smile:
  • everytree
    everytree Posts: 127
    Options
    I can only find the tofu ones and I don't want those. I'll admit it - I have tofu issues! lol!

Are the regular ones in the refrigerated section as well or are they somewhere else?