Let's Talk About Shirataki Noodles

Options

Replies

• finallychelle
    finallychelle Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I have ordered them on-line and bought them at Publix here in Georgia. I think they do smell but I rinse mine very well in hot water. Thanks for all the great ideas. I am going to try the dry frying because I think I would use them more if they were not rubbery. I love that they fill me up too and I use them when my hubby and son are having pasta noodles :)

I live in Georgia, too, near Warner Robins. We're lucky to have LOTS of Asian markets-- and the noodles are half the price there.
  • vjrose
    vjrose Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    Love them especially the fettucine ones when the family is having pasta.
  • redshoeshelley
    redshoeshelley Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Enjoyed the shiritaki noodles by simply rinsing and microwaving them and patting the hech out of them until they were dry. Definitely going to try the dry-fry method ... this sounds much more appealing !
  • easfahl
    easfahl Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the super-informative post, Chelle. Mine just arrived the other day (free shipping with Amazon) and I can't wait to get busy with 'em.
  • sanrog
    sanrog Posts: 68
    Options
    bump
  • tilfordj
    tilfordj Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I love them...straight from the package (rinsed of course).....
  • SOOZIE429
    SOOZIE429 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    Bump! Thank you! Love these noodles. Just ordered a bunch of the Miracle Noodles from Amazon. I get free shipping because I'm a Prime member.
  • almost50now
    almost50now Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    bump
  • MariSchuitema
    Options
    bump
  • beanie1119
    beanie1119 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I think it is great that you are so dedicated and have came up with all these great sounding recipes. Congrats on your weight loss so far :)
  • Reikofs
    Reikofs Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info on dry frying the shirataki noodles. After reading so many posts about them, I bought them(tofu one) at Cub Foods up here in Minnesota. I actually went to an Asian store and couldn't find any! I rinsed and pressed them in a colander in hot water for several minutes until the smell was gone. Then I tried the dry fry method. I used a little Yoshida sauce, rice vinegar, a couple drops of hot chili sesame oil and garnished with a little chinese mustard. It turned out great! It reminds me of a Japanese style ramen noodle dish. They are going to be a staple in my diet now! Also, for those that didn't care for them, at least you gave it a try! I agree, it may not be for everyone.
  • loulouBean
    loulouBean Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    bump
  • finallychelle
    finallychelle Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info on dry frying the shirataki noodles. After reading so many posts about them, I bought them(tofu one) at Cub Foods up here in Minnesota. I actually went to an Asian store and couldn't find any! I rinsed and pressed them in a colander in hot water for several minutes until the smell was gone. Then I tried the dry fry method. I used a little Yoshida sauce, rice vinegar, a couple drops of hot chili sesame oil and garnished with a little chinese mustard. It turned out great! It reminds me of a Japanese style ramen noodle dish. They are going to be a staple in my diet now! Also, for those that didn't care for them, at least you gave it a try! I agree, it may not be for everyone.

What an incredibly interesting recipe! I shall try it this week!
  • HUstrawberry
    Options
    I've only tried the tofu shirataki noodles. I've yet to try the shirataki noodles without the tofu. I do kinda love the tofu shirataki noodles though and you still get low calories with those. I will definitely try the shirataki noodles very soon though, because I would love to find another noodle replacement. I LOVE noodles more than any human being should. Thanks for the tip and I'll check out that recipe blog too.
  • JenAiMarres
    JenAiMarres Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I made "fried" rice last night with the miracle rice! Just scrambled up and egg added veggies and a little quinoa for bite! Added franks red hot sauce and it was great!! Thanks for all the super ideas!!!
  • MELLY319
    MELLY319 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    THANKS FOR THE INFO. I REALLY NEED TO TRY THIS.
  • tobiwood1977
    Options
    I love Kelp Noodles too! Not quite 0 calories but like 6 calories per serving!!!
  • ncbrowneyes97
    ncbrowneyes97 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • itsofficial
    itsofficial Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Must try these again using a different cooking method- was really turned off with the texture before.

Thanks for the great ideas!
  • purplelilac123
    purplelilac123 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this. I just made an Italian version of the tofu added ones but I cooked the noodles in a wok. I added a bunch of seasoning, sauce and Romano cheese to it. I think it is a great alternative. It is not the exact thing but for 40 calories a bag I could definitely use it more often.