Let's Talk About Shirataki Noodles

Options

Replies

• jfl613
    jfl613 Posts: 71
    Options
    Thanks Chelle. Because of you and your post about these noodles, I have successfully sought them out (both the Tofu and non-tofu kind) and eat them nearly every day. I like using the Tofu kind in the Hungry Girl Fetticcini Girlfredo and the non-tofu kind added to green onions & minced garlic sauteed in butter flavored cooking spray. I add some fresh chopped parsley and have a great meal!! I usually cook up three one pound bags with three cloves of garlic minced and three bulbs of green onions chopped(stalks and all) and the entire 3 lb recipe is only 20 or so calories!! This is my lunch for the week. Also, my husband & I had the Girlfredo with a side of steamed fresh broccoli for dinner last night. He likes them, too!! THANK YOU for the find!!
  • chasingbabes
    Options
    bump
  • jens_mission
    jens_mission Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the post. I have never heard of Shirataki Noodles and will definitely look for them on my next shopping trip.
  • road2peachtree
    road2peachtree Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I love these noodles. I read about them a few months ago. Now the husband and kids? Mmm, not so much, but I'm still trying to win them over LOL

For those of you who live in areas that have Publix Supermarkets (I may have missed this info in the many comments...forgive me if it is duplicated), you can find the noodles in the produce section. Weird, I know, but they are in the refrigerated vegetarian section. They cost about $2.50. I saw they had the tofu kind and I THINK they have the regular kind too. Happy noodling!
  • emma110984
    emma110984 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    BUMP!!

I love these noodles, but never tried the dry fry... i'm gonna do it tongiht infact!!!
  • pwittek10
    pwittek10 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    I've been wanting to try these but was always not sure
    Thanks for the lesson!
  • MackLuster77
    MackLuster77 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Dobbins? I'm in Norcross, and the Asian markets are all over the place. I do most of my grocery shopping at HMart or Great Wall.
  • SarahSwimmer
    SarahSwimmer Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    great post. I bought some and have been wondering how to prepare them!
  • NicolePatriot
    NicolePatriot Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mg720
    mg720 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    must try!

bump
  • ElectricMayhem
    ElectricMayhem Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Great info, bumping this one! I've wanted to try these but i've only seen them at our local health food stores at $5 a bag!!!! I can't substantiate spending that kind of money on half a pound of noodles :grumble: But i noticed you mentioned Kroger carries them and we have Dillon's (a kroger affiliate store) so i'm going to check if they carry them. can't wait to taste !!
  • jynckz
    jynckz Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I haven't read every post in the forum, but besides fiber, do they have any other nutritional benefit? I have tried them, and while they were tolerable, I have a hard time eating 'fillers'. I would rather eat something filling and nutrionally dense. I eat more food now than before I started losing. Not as many calories for sure, but I am rarely hungry and I eat great meals. Not saying its wrong to eat foods that make you stay full, just hard for me to 'digest' lol
  • IAM125lbs
    IAM125lbs Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    You've convinced me to try these. Thanks!
  • embersfallen
    embersfallen Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    MUCH better dry fried..... and then microwaved next day. I also put some chili garlic sauce and a touch of green curry on mine as they dry fried... mmm :) My local grocery store has a version called NoOdles... about $2.70 a bag vs the 2.50 for the tofu/shirataki mix :)
  • fitJoce
    fitJoce Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I found them at Harris Teeter today. 2 for $3
  • rehtaeh78
    rehtaeh78 Posts: 90
    Options
    I can't believe these are so well known and I'd never heard of them before now! I can't wait to give these a try!
  • joanie152
    joanie152 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Chelle,

I truly love you!!
  • JeanetteButler
    Options
    bump
  • JackLeaMason
    JackLeaMason Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Here is more information and there is now a group Shirataki Advocates to join.

http://www.konjacfoods.com/index.html
  • PrinnyBomb
    PrinnyBomb Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Yeeeees, I remember my experimantation with the cauliflower mashed potatoes...

Now, these noodles... The UK is rubbish for this. I can only find them at $4.52 each PLUS $3.85 shipping (PER BAG!) on Amazon. The best rate I've found is on zeronoodles.com which gives me $10 for 4 bags plus $9.49 total shipping - that's still pretty high compared to the US prices. I have a local Asian market but they don't stock them. I guess I have to ask myself how much money I'll save on snacks.

I'm from the uk. There's a shop in London called Japan Centre. It also has a website and they sell them. I've been meaning to try them. Looking forward to it!