Replies

• Carita79
    Carita79 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    bump..so i can read it later
  • Cobehale
    Cobehale Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    my family are noodle-holics so hopefully I can sneak these in! Thanks for all the info I loved reading your post!
  • Fullmoon2
    Options
    Thanks for the post. It is very interesting. I am new to this place and will be checking out your recipes next. One question. You talk about the calories but how are they on carbs?
  • yuckidah
    yuckidah Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the great info......now to track these li'l suckers down in New Zealand :smile:
  • imoquenn
    imoquenn Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I just saw these in the market in Chinatown! I thought, "zero calories? That's impossible." and put them down! I guess I'll have to give 'em a shot now, though. :D
  • theartichoke
    theartichoke Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Thank you for info!!
  • theartichoke
    theartichoke Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    thekarens...Krogers sells the tofu blend. They're in the produce aisle refrigerated with the tofu. As far as I know all Kroger's carry them. I'm on the hunt for non tofu shirataki now. If I find em I'll let you know!
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    You've sold me on this post. Ive seen these noodles before but was hesitant because they just seemed so processed and they way they're packed in liquid reminded me of jelly fsh (i don't know) but no I'm really curious!
  • econut2000
    econut2000 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Hmmm....I have an Asian market down the street I'm going to have to check these out for myself. I DO LOVE my spaghetti squash but it takes so freakin long to cook....maybe a good substitute for those days when I have little time. I try not to eat many processed foods so I'll have to check out the ingredients list before buying but if there are recognizable ingredients then I'll definitely try them. Thanks for the post!!
  • Survivor1997
    Survivor1997 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Bump for later read.
  • MaryGebhard
    MaryGebhard Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    thekarens...Krogers sells the tofu blend. They're in the produce aisle refrigerated with the tofu. As far as I know all Kroger's carry them. I'm on the hunt for non tofu shirataki now. If I find em I'll let you know!
    Let's start asking Kroger to stock them.
  • juliekaiser1988
    juliekaiser1988 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I saw Dr. Oz talk about these once. I will have to check them out and make them on a day when the hubby is out of the house. He is absolutely repulsed by the smell of seafood.

After that Dr. Oz show I did look for them, but never found the ones he was talking about (zero calorie), but the one with tofu= I wonder if it has a decent protein number with the calories?
  • Mission2Me
    Mission2Me Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    cant wait to try these
  • Missmissy0003
    Missmissy0003 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Thank you do much for the information. I've tried them and thought they were ok. I didn't really care for the texture, but I didn't find it awful. I think this dry pan frying may be the answer. I can't wait to try it!
  • alissac
    alissac Posts: 3
    Options
    bump
  • shalinimunjal
    shalinimunjal Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to try them. I shop at the asian grocery store for most things anyways..never saw them but then I wasn't looking for them either. Thanks for the tips about rinsing and dry fry..
  • rachleb
    rachleb Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I've used these before in a stir-fry and even my VERY picky husband ate them! I'll have to pick them up again and try one of the 'Chell-Approved' methods!
  • finallychelle
    finallychelle Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I've used these before in a stir-fry and even my VERY picky husband ate them! I'll have to pick them up again and try one of the 'Chell-Approved' methods!

Haha-- I love it!

Cook fearlessly!

-Chelle
  • SwtKittN
    SwtKittN Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Well I saw the topic, was about to post, I had them, washed and dried them for ages like they said and they came out like total crap, but then I actually took a minute to read through the post and .. yep. I didn't dry fry mine. I might pick up another bag if I see some and try them again :) I love noodle based dishes and there's just WAY too many calories in pasta :\ Thank you for your informative post :D
  • finallychelle
    finallychelle Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Well I saw the topic, was about to post, I had them, washed and dried them for ages like they said and they came out like total crap, but then I actually took a minute to read through the post and .. yep. I didn't dry fry mine. I might pick up another bag if I see some and try them again :) I love noodle based dishes and there's just WAY too many calories in pasta :\ Thank you for your informative post :D

I'm glad you're going to give them another shot.

There's no need to wash them for ages, though. I dump them in a strainer and rinse with hot water-- as I massage them with my fingers-- for about 15 to 20 seconds.

Hot water is very effective at removing the fishy smell.

If any remains (not likely) the dry fry method completely eradicates it.

Good luck!

-Chelle