Let's Talk About Shirataki Noodles

Options

Replies

• Vodkha
    Vodkha Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I bought some of the tofu noodles today. My store didnt have the Zero calories ones. I dont have much in the house at the moment to make with them. Is there a really simple recipe you can suggest for me?
  • chip305
    chip305 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • PJFonz
    PJFonz Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    bump
  • fionat29
    fionat29 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Fantastic post! When I joined MFP last year there was some talk of these noodles but I was put off by the price. However, I won some Amazon credit a while back so I've bitten the bullet and ordered a pack just to try. Living in England it's a bit tricky to find these things in physical shops. I'm going to try mine dry fried like you suggest with chillis and bean sprouts and maybe some quorn fillets and a spicy chinese sauce..............well and probably loads of other vegetables too, I do love my veges!! Lol!
  • sg1982
    sg1982 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Nice post!

I love Shirataki Noodles. I always have them at home.

I ate them at least twice week. I boil them first for 20 min then I fry it. It's so delicious, I cook it with pork chop, carrots and mushrooms... It's just so yummy!!!

I've also tried with bolognese sauce...

I'm big fan of Shirataki Noodles. :D
  • JimWink
    JimWink Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I am a MAJOR fan of these noodles. When I bought them, I couldn't believe how low in calories they were. I eat the tofu noodles; I can live with the 'added' calories from the tofu: about 30 per serving. I over indulge with 4 servings. Add 2 chicken sausages (90 cals each) and some Sribachi hot sauce and I'm good to go. I'm stuffed from a dinner that has about 300 calories.

Thanks for the added suggestions on how to prepare them. Great post!
  • LittleMissNerdy
    LittleMissNerdy Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    This makes me want to try them for sure!
  • HEATHERB500
    HEATHERB500 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Thankyou for posting this. I have never heard of these but I have been limiting my grain carbs. I love spaghetti but the spaghetti squash that I use instead of noodles is expensive when its not in season. I have a lot of asian markeets around here I will have to try them.
  • christina0089
    christina0089 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for posting this! I have been wondering on these noodles for sometime bbut have yet to try them, The smell being one of the reasons. I hope its not to bad as I now intend to go ahead and try them as I am a pasta/rice aholic. And the lack is killing my efforts especially the last few days...

thanks again! :)
  • JenAiMarres
    JenAiMarres Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    BUMP! thanks for the fry tip!!! I HATE the rice...but eat it b/c its "free" the noodles are better but was in need of more inventive ways to prep them!
  • vangogo3
    vangogo3 Posts: 14
    Options
    I just learned of these noodles a few weeks ago from Hungry Girl! They are definitely filling, and I think they are going to save me a lot of calories in the long run when I have the urge to binge on pasta. Thank God for shiritaki noodles!!!
  • blytheandbonnie
    blytheandbonnie Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    The odds of finding them here are below zero, but I think I will see about mail order. Thanks.
  • amandalfraser
    amandalfraser Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Thank you this is very interesting!!
  • AngelsheriHackley
    AngelsheriHackley Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    bump
  • PopePopsicleIV
    Options
    Thanks so much for posting about these! I've been wondering about them, but i thought the only kinds were the ones with tofu and I was a little leery about that because everyone I know says Tofu is nasty! haha. But I'll definitely have to try them! Also thanks for describing "dry fry" because I had no idea what that meant! :]
  • TAMMYCLARK62
    Options
    thanks for the info.....I have never heard of these but I am definitely going to look for some...love trying new foods especially when they are low calorie or calorie free
  • dianesmart
    dianesmart Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Awesome post! Thank you!
  • TheLongRunner
    TheLongRunner Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Fine...I will try them again. This time I will dry fry and see if I still hate them. :)
  • lleabrooks
    lleabrooks Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    bbbbbump
  • livestar
    livestar Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    bump