You know your losing weight when

Options

Replies

• Valtishia
    Valtishia Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    ...you go to the store to buy new clothes and when asked for your size all you can say is I don't know

I have a bad habit of not buying anything at all until wearing a belt doesn't even help..lol
    I started off in a size 24 and didn't buy new clothes until I was a 20. I was shocked as hell to see the difference when I was trying on new clothes cause I for some reason really didn't realize that my clothes was so baggy looking until my boyfriend dragged me clothes shopping.
  • bellastella86
    bellastella86 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    You've been told by your wedding alertations seamstress to stop losing weight after she's already taken the dress in 4 inches! Guess I might just have to be smaller than the dress! Who would've thunk I'd have that problem?

You can run 4 miles at 5:30am and look forward to taking the dog for a long walk when you get home from work.

You can pack up your closet and save those clothes for future maternity clothes.

You find yourself setting new goals because you actually believe in yourself now.

51135.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • Ahmee2034
    Ahmee2034 Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    You know you're losing weight when your arms start to look longer.

I agree with the painting of the toenails, too!

When you realize that there are parts of your legs that haven't been shaved in WAY TOO LONG... not only could you not reach them before... you couldn't see them either! :noway:

You see a large person and instead of instantly thinking, "Am I as fat as her?" you feel empathy for her.

I totally agree with that last part. Now, I feel like I want to help them. Can't though, can we?:sad:
  • Ahmee2034
    Ahmee2034 Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    OH and your new shirts are not getting stains on the belly from rubbing up against everything! lol

:tongue: This one is me, too! Love it!
    The shoe one, too.
    The underwear one, too!

OMG! Simple things in life really are great, huh?
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    And oh... you go to the public pool and don't scout at someone larger than you to sit next to... (Please tell me I'm not the only one who used to do this.... I'm not mean and horrible... really!)

When we went to the beach I always knew it was ok to be in a bathing suit cause there was always someone bigger - and sometimes those people even had skimpy suits on - you are totally not the only one to use that logic....

Now this year - we'll be HOT in our suits!
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    ... your rings start to fit on your index finger.
  • GIBride01
    GIBride01 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Your former skinny jeans are now your fat jeans and the former fat jeans don't stay up at all!
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    you can paint your toenails and breath at the same time!

This is my favorite so far!

How about these...

...when you buy a plane ticket and don't worry about not fitting in the seat!

...or when some guy looks at you, instead of thinking "stop looking at my fat *kitten*!" you think "Yeah, check out my *kitten*!"
  • toots99
    Options
    And oh... you go to the public pool and don't scout at someone larger than you to sit next to... (Please tell me I'm not the only one who used to do this.... I'm not mean and horrible... really!)

No, you're not alone in this... :flowerforyou:
  • squib
    squib Posts: 34
    Options
    You know your losing weight when... you read all these things and find that most of them relates to you too :wink:
  • Euphonasia
    Euphonasia Posts: 136
    Options
    ....You can run up three flights of stairs without even being winded (that was wonderful!)
    ....Your blue jeans quite literally fall down around your ankles if you stand too quickly (happened to me this weekend!)
    ....You refuse to go anywhere that you haven't been because you're afraid they don't have healthy options
    ....Your face loses the swollen look
    ....You obsessively check mfp to make sure you're on track as far as progress is concerned
    ....Your dogs don't want to go on walks anymore because THEY can't keep up with YOU
  • Toniawahbeh
    Options
    you find your self looking thru the bag of clothes you keep meaning to take to good will, because your fat clothes are too big and the skinny clothes you were ready to give away now start looking better and better. 149934.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Toniawahbeh
    Options
    your wedding ring you once wanted to have resized but couldnt get it off your finger to give to the jeweler, slips off easily and you are thinking of getting a spacer to keep it on...

149934.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • kimss
    kimss Posts: 1,146
    Options
    your hubby tells you that your literally "running your A** off"
    YAY.... I can't wait until I've run my tummy off too....

:laugh: :happy: :smile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • alaskancoppertop
    Options
    You can steal your toothpick thin man's clothes and fit into them without unbuttoning them (when I was still 115 pounds, I used to steal my ex's BDU pants because his were Medium Long, mine were Medium Short - too big AND too short - and wouldn't stay in my boots... I made him suffer and just kept using my belt to hold them up, but didn't need to unbutton them to get them off and on!)

Being able to wear your "skinny" one piece bathing suit and have it actually cover part of your back and not pop off the front of your shoulders.
  • toots99
    Options
    ...when your smaller friend gives you her old fat clothes, and after having them for forever, you can finally wear them comfortably!
  • tabbiekaye23
    tabbiekaye23 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    you can feel you hip bones. I did not know what hip bones were!
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    you can feel you hip bones. I did not know what hip bones were!
    My husband told me the other day that he can feel my hip bones again!! Yippee!!!!
  • sportygal
    sportygal Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    .....the steering wheel seems farther away...but its not because the seat is back, but your belly is smaller!
    ......you crash and burn after drinking 3 glasses of wine, and before that'd be just a starter!
    ......you can feel your hip bones and ribs (not crazy anorexic, just the fact you can feel they are there!)
    .......there's room between the seat on the airplane and people look to sit next to you!
    150768.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • newmex
    newmex Posts: 15
    Options
    I no longer need a breather break when I tie my shoes.
    I eat more pears and look less like one. YEAHHH baby!!!
    When the underwear don't fold over at the top anymore.

-Chris
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!