Replies

• Juicey1401
    Juicey1401 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I did :laugh: believe me!!
  • fitgal411
    fitgal411 Posts: 668
    Options
    Sounds like some husbands say possibly offensive stuff, but you guys take them as compliments. Well, I guess those ARE compliments, in the weird way that (some) men think.:laugh:
  • molsongirl
    molsongirl Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    You realize that "empire" waist lines don't make you look pregnant!

You drop a shoe size

You rush to MFP to see the calories of EVERYTHING you eat BEFORE you eat it!

I hope to add many more to the list!

After birthing 8 kids, I never want to see another empire waist line ANYTHING!! :laugh:
  • mommakatx2
    Options
    I've got one...

When you actually *look forward* to being weighed at the doctors office :bigsmile:

I used to dread being weighed at doctor appointments, especially since their scales always seem to weigh 10-15lbs heavier than my scale. But now? BRING. IT. ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • bitty_401
    bitty_401 Posts: 75
    Options
    you can walk up a flight of stairs without stopping every 2-3 steps to catch your breath

YOU CAN SEE YOUR TOES without pushing your stomach out of the way :grumble: :laugh: :grumble: :laugh:
    (although I look forward to the day where the obstacle is completely gone)

your fat clothes are now for your fat friends that refuse to change there evil ways and hate you because you did

you start looking for the tupperaware of clothes hidden just in case you did lose the weight

you start to feel confident about yourself and the way you feel
    Hey, girl.This is true.
    You know you are losing weight when you .......don't need help to stand up from a chair.
    ....... dont get tired while walking.
    .......look at the mirror and you don't
    see anymore that round belly in front of you.
    ......were a size 20 and fitted on one 16 button up.
  • BxMom
    BxMom Posts: 363
    Options
    Your kids point out that your side profile has change, double chin has decrease

Your boods stick out further than your stomach

Your butt has lifted up and looks like a butt

The muscle in your arms, thighs and calf are slowly starting to make an appearance

TMI here, you have to pee really, really bad and realize you can just pull your pants down without unbuttoning them
  • slieber
    slieber Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    Being able to tie my shoes without having to hold my breath!
  • zoink66
    zoink66 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    This is my absolute favourite thread on this board! These small, humorous benchmarks are what keep me going. :tongue:
  • BxMom
    BxMom Posts: 363
    Options
    You are so right because they remind of the things we couldn't do before because of our weight.

Everyone should give themselves a pat on the back for accomplishing this small goals
  • femmerides
    femmerides Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Stroller?! No thanks! A baby comes with that, right? :laugh: I'm actually looking on ebay right now for hand weights. :drinker:

The best thing for me is i do pushups while watching tv. i'll do 10 modified push ups, then 50 leg lifts and 25 cruches...then repeat until you have 100 push ups total. some nights i do 200 push ups. :-) it REALLY helps.
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    ...you can kneel during a church service and you don't have to wonder if you will have to call an usher or the local construction crane company to come help get you back up on your feet!!:laugh: :laugh:
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    You use your driver's license for I.D. and realize that you weigh less than it says you do.:bigsmile:

You don't cry when you try on clothes at the store.:bigsmile:
  • Sezzwick
    Sezzwick Posts: 12
    Options
    You go to trim your "area" and can see it by looking straight down :embarassed: :blushing: :embarassed:

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    When you are getting a peticure you look in the mirrors and take a second look - to be sure that the smallest chick sitting there was you ?! I do a double take when I catch my reflection
  • vanessa915
    vanessa915 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    You know you're losing weight when you realize that your belly no longer sticks out as far (or farther) than your boobs!

You know you're losing weight when the clothes you gave to your mom because they were too tight actually fit you better than they did when you bought them, so now you want them back!

Vanessa
  • farmgirlh
    farmgirlh Posts: 240
    Options
    bump
  • Wishful
    Wishful Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    You stop grabbing the afghan or couch pillows to hold in your lap to hide your middle when sitting on the sofa. Has anyone else ever done this?
  • Wishful
    Wishful Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    OH! and the side seams in your pants go straight down!
  • ThatDollSally
    ThatDollSally Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Your watchband starts fitting looser.

You walk up to a store and think about how skinny that girl walking out is and you realize it's your reflection in the glass door.

You go to a restaurant with a large group of people and you're told to sit on the skinny side of the table.

You try on your prom dresses and realize that they all need to be taken in.

Your mom tells you where the box of her skinny clothes is in the attic.
  • Kityngirl
    Kityngirl Posts: 14,332 Member
    Options
    You stop grabbing the afghan or couch pillows to hold in your lap to hide your middle when sitting on the sofa. Has anyone else ever done this?

I always used to do this!! I also always wear a bigger cardigan so when I go to dinner and sit down I can cover up my stomach rolls.

Now I only grab an afghan when I'm chilly. :wink:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!