You know your losing weight when

Options

Replies

• newmex
    newmex Posts: 15
    Options
    I love the wine comment I don't drink as much now but have experienced that, saving some cash now too.

:drinker:
    -Chris
  • Sarandipity
    Sarandipity Posts: 1,560
    Options
    .....the steering wheel seems farther away...but its not because the seat is back, but your belly is smaller!
    ......you crash and burn after drinking 3 glasses of wine, and before that'd be just a starter!
    ......you can feel your hip bones and ribs (not crazy anorexic, just the fact you can feel they are there!)
    .......there's room between the seat on the airplane and people look to sit next to you!
    150768.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary

And in addition to the steering wheel being farther away you can also adjust your seat where you like it instead of as far back as it goes just so you can get your seatbelt done up :laugh:

you no longer have to automatically go for the biggest size in the clothing store,

you have weird moments where you realize a certain body part is smaller than it used to be. (last week it was my elbows :laugh: )
  • Dreaj79
    Dreaj79 Posts: 212
    Options
    your scrubs for work are so big you look like you escaped from a mental institution. It's time to go shopping.:love:
  • 00Angela00
    00Angela00 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    When you get to shave over the bump of you calf muscle :-D
  • pdj1220
    pdj1220 Posts: 175
    Options
    When you run into an ex, and they look at you like your a rapist for a minute, before they recognize you.
  • Opera_Bound
    Opera_Bound Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    ....you buy a bridesmaid dress and order your size, to find out 6 weeks later it's over 2.5 sizes TOO BIG. Then, when it comes back from alterations 3 weeks later - it's STILL too big!

...my 'work hump' (I had a rather large deposit of fat on my back at the base of my neck) DRASTICALLY reduced in size.

...finding shorts in the back of the closet that you couldn't even get UP over your thighs 2 years ago, and having them BUTTON comfortably. Maybe a few more lbs to go, but by the heat of summer, I'll be wearing them!

...people you've only known for a month are asking if you've lost weight and saying "I can tell in your face."

...you can sit up straight, look down, and not see your stomach before your chest! :noway:

...you lay down and have a completely flat stomach! No crease. (I'm almost there - probably another 10-15 lbs. Next goal is to have that standing up!! - Haven't seen that in 12 years!)

I love this thread. Some are completely hilarious and true! Thanks guys for the constant reminder that I am worth it and can do this. Ya'll are GREAT! :blushing: :love: :blushing:
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    When you cut 2 inches out of your belt for the 3rd time...

When you absolutely HAVE to buy pants 'cause you look like a bum.

When the pants you bought that were smaller than you ever thought you'd be again are baggy.

When you can really feel the difference in how your motorcycle carries you, and how you can move around on the motorcycle (big one for me :happy: ).

When a chore that used to kill you is easy...

For the gals - When you're cured of Titty-doo disorder! Hehehe
  • cdickey
    cdickey Posts: 230
    Options
    You know your losing weight when... you read all these things and find that most of them relates to you too :wink:

I totally agree with this. I find myself nodding to several of these:noway:
  • bakergirl62
    bakergirl62 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    You have to buy all new shoes because the old ones don't fit any more (women and shoes are like peas and carrots!) :tongue:
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    I no longer have to adjust the seat when I drive my daughters car - I use to have to move the seat or mirrors since I sat so much higher than her with all the cushion I had - but no more!

BTW - I :heart: this thread
  • alaskancoppertop
    Options
    Thought of another one... when you can come out of the ocean and go home without getting a rash on your inner thighs from all the friction!!
  • yessie75
    yessie75 Posts: 152
    Options
    your 12 year old daughter notices and says "mom, you look great!"
  • cpafford79
    cpafford79 Posts: 88
    Options
    You catch a glimpse of your "hind quarters" in the bathroom at work and no longer see those dredded panty lines from where your pants were too tight!! :tongue:
  • Ahmee2034
    Ahmee2034 Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    I've discovered one...last night! When you lay in your bed on your side and can actually feel your hip bone pressing into the mattress!!!! I couldn't believe it!
  • PureAndHealthy
    Options
    you can feel you hip bones. I did not know what hip bones were!
    My husband told me the other day that he can feel my hip bones again!! Yippee!!!!

That's what I was going to say! All I've ever knew was fat... you mean I have bones and muscle under that fat??? :noway:
  • tyme4me
    tyme4me Posts: 17
    Options
    I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!! I haven't laughed this much in a while. The sad part is I can relate to most of the posts.

Last month, I had to have an abdominal x-ray and the guy had to really push to find my hip bones, how embarrassing was that?!?!?!? :blushing: I started my diet as soon as I left the hospital!!
  • Changeisgonnacome
    Options
    when you lay on your back and your belly doesn't hangover your sides. (I can't wait for the day when I lay on my side and my belly doesn't touch the surface I'm laying on.... this day WILL come!):smile:

when you look down and the first thing you see are your boobs and the next your TOES!!!:tongue:
  • krhbutte
    krhbutte Posts: 246
    Options
    You can actually scratch the middle of your back with your hand!!!
  • femmerides
    femmerides Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    You know you're losing weight when you walk past a mirrored building and don't realize you're looking at yourself. lol. This happened to me the other day. I was like "wow. who's that? she looks good" and then i realized it was me. :love:
  • Ahmee2034
    Ahmee2034 Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    krhbutte & femmerides - so totally know what you mean. Wow! Amazing how different we all are but yet can relate to so many things. It amazes me how much we really are all alike when you get down to living healthy. Great motivation femmerides! Good job and your weight loss!:drinker:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!