True Love ...Does it exist??

Options
A_New_Horizon
A_New_Horizon Posts: 1,555 Member
Just looking for opinions here (I am not looking for an argument or anything), but do you think "true love" exists or just a fairytale?? I will be totally honest...I get very jealous when I see happy couples walking around because I am in the middle of a divorce. A divorce that needs to be done not just for the safety of myself but my babies, but it is still heart-breaking nevertheless because "dreams" have gone down the tubes. You won't understand unless you have experienced a divorce. So what is your opinion....

Replies

• Bethie_B
    Bethie_B Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I, too, am a divorcee. It's a really hard thing to go through, but please trust that being with the wrong person is so much worse than being with no one at all.

It's been 6 years since my divorce. I am happier now than I ever been, and YES, I completely believe in true love. I've found it. I thought I had been in love before, but it was nothing compared to what I've got now. You will absolutely know it when you've found it. You will be better, happier, and feel so much hope about your future. Losing dreams to a bad relationship is painful and awful, but the happiness you can achieve is worth the heartache.

I wish you luck, and feel free to friend me if you need some support.
  • briteyes1002
    briteyes1002 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I have slim hope... lol
  • SongbirdLandy
    SongbirdLandy Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    If you are with the person God made for you, then yes, for sure true love exists.
  • kimber0607
    kimber0607 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    I think it's rare, but it does exist
    Over the past couple of years I have been slapped in the face with some harsh reality..that most people dont care.....even if they know you!
    There is little respect out there...sad

BUT I still think there are some good eggs out there....what you put out, you should get in return

kim
  • vcorbin01
    vcorbin01 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    My fiance went thru a brutal divorce so I can speak from his experience...for one she cheated on him numerious times and then would keep running back to him...he thought that when she would come back it meant that what she thought she was going for wasn't good enough so coming back to him made him feel good...however they have two girls (now 9 and 10) and those girls were born around the same time she was sleeping around..makes you think...however, when he met me and got to know me here at work.....the light in his eyes changed completely...he found a "new" him that he never had experienced. Just because you go thru a tough time doesn't me hopes and dreams are gone forever. Although I'm not a victim to a divorce, I'm living with someone who has, but he couldn't be any more proud to show me off in public, hold my hand, kiss me where ever, whenever...it just goes to show that it does exist it just may not be with the person you've chosen. He thought he had it all too at one time, but now, he couldn't be more happier with the choices that's happened to him in his life. It opened a new chapter and it's been one of the best for both of us. I was in a bad relationship for 5 years and I thought I was in a trapped love relationship...little did I know once I went to work for a new company...my life would change forever ;) Hugs to you sweetie!! You will find happiness and I can guarantee you it will be better than it ever has been! xoxo
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    It does exist......TRUST ME :love: I've been lucky enough to find mine.
  • KristinCrochets
    KristinCrochets Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    It absolutely does. I have been with my husband for 15 years, and every day gets better and better.
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    I firmly believe I have it. :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • ❤lindsay❤dawn❤
    Options
    If you are with the person God made for you, then yes, for sure true love exists.

This... ^^^^ Being divorced and now in an amazing relationship has proven this to Me...

: ))
  • oneIT
    oneIT Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    You have to love yourself first.
  • Pookylou
    Pookylou Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    True love as in one person/soulmate type deal? Then no, I don't think it does. But in a more generic love that lasts way, yeah I hope so!
  • ZombieChaser
    ZombieChaser Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    Woah... today of all days for this question... :cry:
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    When I got divorced I had a freaking party... seriously... and got some strange.

Anyways, yes, I do think true love exists, but I think it's very very rare. I think when you find that person that is always on your mind, in your dreams, ect. and when they kiss you it feels like you're going to melt is true love.
  • donna_glasgow
    donna_glasgow Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    yes is does, Ive been with my hubby for 17 years this June and hes my best friend .... every day we get closer and closer
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    Yes, but I think it is hard work. It isn't like a fairytale...it isn't magical. Love and relationships are hard work. There will be hard times, you will hurt one another, but you must work together to get through it. Be supportive, trusting, and have communication with one another.

I personally feel that if you find someone that is your bestfriend and will be there for you through thick and thin, then that is true love. It goes past the physical attraction and the $exual part of the relationship...it is so much more.
  • Julzanne72
    Julzanne72 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I split from my ex in Jan 2010-divorced last year, and I am a firm believer in true love. I have since met that most amazing man. He is respectful, loving, and he it "the one" I have been looking for my whole life. It's out there, and when it is meant to happen it will:) Have faith!
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    No. Instead of looking for love, I just found a woman I hated and bought her a house.
  • fiestyitalian
    Options
    I have never commented on any of the threads before, but I felt I had to on this one :)

I too, felt like you do when I went thru my divorce. That was 12 years ago. And now I can honestly say that I am truly in love with my fiance. We are getting married in 2 weeks. He and I get along in every aspect of life. Yes, we do have our disagreements but we talk it out, get over it and move on. I believe 100% now in true love. I love this man more and more every day. My life is full of happiness, I can't wait to see him after work every day. As I tell many of my friends, "You have to kiss a lot of frogs to find your prince." Keep the faith...it's tough for you now but in the long run you will probably say what most of us do and that is you are truly a happier person. Because I know I am! Good Luck :)
  • charkendrick
    charkendrick Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I've been divorced for 6 years and now engaged to a man I love like crazy. Is it true love? The only true love I'm sure about is between myself and my child and myself and God.
  • Slhuth
    Slhuth Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    YES...It does!! I too have found it....I am also a divorcee and remarried and will celebrate our 5th in OCT...we truly are best friends!!