Replies

• LatinaButterfly
    LatinaButterfly Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    True and lasting love... Absolutely! :)
  • budhandy
    budhandy Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    me and wife, we been through hell and back again. with out her i would be nothing, so yes true love exists
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    Yes, it exists.

When a relationship is going well, life is amazing. When it is not going well, life can be rather difficult.
  • hcoburn37
    hcoburn37 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I think it does exist but not everyone, myself included, is lucky enough to find "the one" and then they settle.
  • kiely13
    kiely13 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I'd like to believe so.
  • SlimSammy2012
    Options
    I'd rather be alone than settle...
  • HealthyHappy120
    Options
    You have to love yourself first.

True!
  • SlimSammy2012
    Options
    ^ Diddo!
  • mes1119
    mes1119 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    Yes, but I think it is hard work. It isn't like a fairytale...it isn't magical. Love and relationships are hard work. There will be hard times, you will hurt one another, but you must work together to get through it. Be supportive, trusting, and have communication with one another.

I personally feel that if you find someone that is your bestfriend and will be there for you through thick and thin, then that is true love. It goes past the physical attraction and the $exual part of the relationship...it is so much more.

^^^You took the words right out of my mouth.
  • KristaPetraitis
    KristaPetraitis Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Yes it does! I married my best friend September 24, 2011 and, granted it's still a young love, I could not imagine my life without him. Even despite his crazy mom who has already tried to create problems for us, he's the best thing that has ever happened to me!
  • KareninCanada
    KareninCanada Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    Just looking for opinions here (I am not looking for an argument or anything), but do you think "true love" exists or just a fairytale??

Definitely it does exist.

Sorry about what you're going through.... hopefully in the long run it makes you a stronger person. ((hugs))
  • Briszler75
    Briszler75 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    True love as in one person/soulmate type deal? Then no, I don't think it does. But in a more generic love that lasts way, yeah I hope so!

:)
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    yes.
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    Hope so...evidently my x was not my soul mate.
  • LButterfly201
    Options
    First, you have to live & learn to never make someone your entire life when you are just an option in theirs. I do think that there is that one person out there for everyone; It's not a fairytale though!
    True love exists, you've just got to find that one person :)
  • Ayeshat
    Ayeshat Posts: 209
    Options
    Absotively posollutely
  • luv_lea
    luv_lea Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I'd like to still believe so.

But so far...ehhh....not so much.
  • kaf330
    kaf330 Posts: 61
    Options
    bump
  • SlimSammy2012
    Options
    <~~his true love has been his true love for over 27 years. Timing has kept us apart for most of the last 25 years! Sad :sad:
  • momof8munchkins
    momof8munchkins Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    I, too, am a divorcee. It's a really hard thing to go through, but please trust that being with the wrong person is so much worse than being with no one at all.

It's been 6 years since my divorce. I am happier now than I ever been, and YES, I completely believe in true love. I've found it. I thought I had been in love before, but it was nothing compared to what I've got now. You will absolutely know it when you've found it. You will be better, happier, and feel so much hope about your future. Losing dreams to a bad relationship is painful and awful, but the happiness you can achieve is worth the heartache.

I wish you luck, and feel free to friend me if you need some support.
    I agree completely.. I have been divorced.. that marriage was horrible , the guy was a nightmare.. it was heartbreaking when the marriage ended even though I wanted out! The best decision i ever made to leave him.. Yes true love does exist with the right person.. give yourself time to grieve and to heal.. I have been with my now husband for 13 years and am still head over heels in love with him.. there is great life after divorce!