How much are you deadlifting?

Options

Replies

• GordonWayneWatts
    GordonWayneWatts Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    @GordonWayne...

I'm sorry but why are you critiquing everyone in this thread? This isn't your thread. Why don't you start your own group or thread offering advice?

The only way I got better was by others asking me questions, offering suggestions, and exchanging information both ways -- when information is exchanged both ways (when you both teach and learn) all parties become smarter' this is the basis for teamwork.

Do you not support the idea of team work, or, rather are you just too sensitive?

Clearly, you are out of order, as none of those to whom I made comments, asked questions, or otherwise replied to about actual lifting matters -- none of them offered any complaints -- only you and taso42, so far, have had complaints, and yet I didn't even say 1 word to you.

If you can't say something nice, say nothing at all.

If you are in the minority on this, then this suggests that you are probably wrong; chill out, and your will feel better: Don't always be trying to pick a fight over something that's really not important (or not a threat) - Save your energy for things that really *are* a threat (light your light bill, your diet, exercise regimen, plans for your career/work, and personal life, etc.)

This thread's purpose is to discuss EXERCISE matters, and that's what most of us are doing - you will feel better if you stick to exercise and health matters and leave off emotional drama -- but you're going to do what you want to do, so go ahead and do it, Joy_Joy (ironic name for a person who picks a fight over a non-threat?) to the peril of stress/ bad health.
  • letmebangbro
    letmebangbro Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    maxing at 325 at 152.5-153

Tried to hit 335 3 days after hitting 325..neupeeee

Feelsbadman.
  • GordonWayneWatts
    Options
    Who is this new guy?

No idea, but I really hope he does not decide to give me his 'feedback'.

Why don't you ask the 'new guy' (instead of talking in the 3rd person, disrespectfully)

Is this board about arguments -or, rather, about exchanging ideas on exercise & health: I thought this board was about exercise, and not drama.

Why all the hate and discontent: I studied my art to help others and myself -not to have nuts that don;t know me argue about non-issues.

If I get along fine with all my mates in my gyms, and other places (apparently here too, where MOST others have no problem with my opinions and analysis), then what exactly is your problem.

And, what precisely did I say that offends you -- if you can't give me a specific answer, then clearly, you are just looking to cause strife and contention.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    @GordonWayne...

I'm sorry but why are you critiquing everyone in this thread? This isn't your thread. Why don't you start your own group or thread offering advice?

The only way I got better was by others asking me questions, offering suggestions, and exchanging information both ways -- when information is exchanged both ways (when you both teach and learn) all parties become smarter' this is the basis for teamwork.

Do you not support the idea of team work, or, rather are you just too sensitive?

Clearly, you are out of order, as none of those to whom I made comments, asked questions, or otherwise replied to about actual lifting matters -- none of them offered any complaints -- only you and taso42, so far, have had complaints, and yet I didn't even say 1 word to you.

If you are in the minority on this, then this suggests that you are probably wrong; chill out, and your will feel better: Don't always be trying to pick a fight over something that's really not important (or not a threat) - Save your energy for things that really *are* a threat (light your light bill, your diet, exercise regimen, plans for your career/work, and personal life, etc.)

This thread's purpose is to discuss EXERCISE matters, and that's what most of us are doing - you will feel better if you stick to exercise and health matters and leave off emotional drama -- but you're going to do what you want to do, so go ahead and do it, Joy_Joy (ironic name for a person who picks a fight over a non-threat?) to the peril of stress/ bad health.

Whoa....what? No, this thread is more for stats..not for some guy to go critiquing other people telling them where HE thinks they should be at. This is you hijacking a thread.

So as I suggested, maybe you should start your own group or thread offering advice instead of taking over another's thread.

ETA: And for someone up in arms about assumption and accusations....you sure make a lot yourself :flowerforyou:

And also..Cingle87 didn't ask for your advice :flowerforyou:
  • traceyjj
    traceyjj Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    female 5ft6in 160lb... been lifting for less than 2 months. Last weeks lift was 145lb for a working set of 7.

I'm so pleased with my progress, but when is this weekly improvement going to top out or slow down?
  • GordonWayneWatts
    Options
    Who is this new guy?

My profile clearly says who I am.

But, in case you didn't find it, here is my 710-lb yoke lift and other progress http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8ekHA4OU_E (that's not a lot, at least for a mere lift of a few inched- so I'm not bragging)

Also http://GordonWatts.com/consumer.html mirror: http://GordonWayneWatts.com/consumer.html has me research on cancer, which I completed from college.
  • shutupandlift13
    shutupandlift13 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Female, 5'8, 168lbs, pulled 235lbs at 163lbs BW

Injured my shoulder and lat a few months back, now back up to pulling 225lbs at 168lbs BW.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Dear GordonWayneWatts,
    I was curious. Is http://www.timecube.com/ a GordonWayneWatts joint?
  • Babeskeez
    Babeskeez Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    5 1, 127 and DL 100lbs :laugh:

Im gettin there though.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Who is this new guy?

Why don't you ask the 'new guy' (instead of talking in the 3rd person, disrespectfully)

Is this board about arguments -or, rather, about exchanging ideas on exercise & health: I thought this board was about exercise, and not drama.

Why all the hate and discontent: I studied my art to help others and myself -not to have nuts that don;t know me argue about non-issues.

If I get along fine with all my mates in my gyms, and other places, what exactly is your problem.

And, what precisely did I say that offends you -- if you can't give me a specific answer, then clearly, you are just looking to cause strife and contention.

Welcome to the MFP forums, new guy. I can already sense that you'll be fun to have around
  • GordonWayneWatts
    Options
    Who is this new guy?

That is not very polite: Why would you not be open to feedback or constructive criticism? We all have areas of improvement.

Secondly, however, is more fundamental to your issue: Since I have not once ever insulted anyone on this thread in the short time I've been here, but solely and only offered tips to get better -or tips to better understand the physics of lifting -then your concern is unfounded. Save your angst for actual idiots; you'll feel better if you do.

So, again, where I have ever said *anything* of an insulting nature to anyone (with the exception of my replies to a few self-proclaimed board-police or hotheads)? If you can not precisely tell me exactly I said that was out of order, then *you* are out of order, Sakura.
  • GordonWayneWatts
    Options
    Who is this new guy?

But....but.....but.... He says he's here to help

One would hope we are all trying to 'help'. :glasses:
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Who is this new guy?

That is not very polite: Why would you not be open to feedback or constructive criticism? We all have areas of improvement.

Secondly, however, is more fundamental to your issue: Since I have not once ever insulted anyone on this thread in the short time I've been here, but solely and only offered tips to get better -or tips to better understand the physics of lifting -then your concern is unfounded. Save your angst for actual idiots; you'll feel better if you do.

So, again, where I have ever said *anything* of an insulting nature to anyone (with the exception of my replies to a few self-proclaimed board-police or hotheads)? If you can not precisely tell me exactly I said that was out of order, then *you* are out of order, Sakura.

lol

I get constructive feedback from people I trust. I do not know you from Adam.. And maybe you should be polite enough to get my name right. It's rather rude of you. I also have no angst...what were you saying earlier about assuming?

Also, I also find it rather rude of you to insinuate that I said you were out of order. I said that I hope you do not give me feedback. It is incredibly rude to insult me as you have when all I said was that I hope you do not give me any feedback - are you really that arrogant, stubborn and hypocritical that you would go against my wishes yet berate everyone else for having an opinion?
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    Who is this new guy?

lol

I think he just called you a cherry blossom. Cute. :love:
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    A. Female, 5'3", 148, max deadlift was 150 5x5. And then, about an hour and a huge meal later, passed out for four hours. Good day.

B. What the hell is going on here?
  • jamielynas
    jamielynas Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I'm about 156lbs 5ft 11 and max at 330lbs
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options
    I am female, 5'3", 223lbs. Current 5x5 is 175. When I was doing 1x5 it was 190.
  • GordonWayneWatts
    Options
    {{clipped for brevity}}

Do you mean to say... {{clipped for brevity}}

The guy just started 8 weeks ago. Why are you being a *kitten*?

{{clipped for brevity}}

So why are you coming down on him when he said he's basically a beginner? You pretty much said he's not 'doing it right" when you have no clue of his progression.

Where was I "coming down" (or saying he was wrong) in my post.
    {{clipped for brevity}}

You said this:
    Do you mean to say that you, yourself weigh 15 stone (210-lbs / 95.25-kg), and are only 5'7" (170-cm), and can only deadlift 80-kg for 3 sets of 5? (Or, rather, are you saying that this is a normal workout for you?)

Based on your height, weight, gender, and apparent age, cingle87, I would guess that you should be able to lift this weight for a far larger number of sets/reps --or, conversely, lift at least a little bit more weight for a 3x5 workout.

You want to talk about assumptions? You have no clue what he started out at, his rate of progression or his program, yet you are telling him that he should be lifting more - weight, set, and rep wise.

That's coming down on the guy who just started by basically saying he should be stronger than he is.

You MISREAD me post, Joy:

I did not 'assume' anything -- proof of that is that I asked questions --and, just to make it clear for people like you, I even asked the opposing question, leading off with the phrase "Or, rather, are you saying...."

Furthermore, however, on 1 point, you are correct: I DO think he should be stronger, and that is why I am encouraging him to hang in there and see this through to get to his full potential. However, I never insulted his CURRENT level of lifting -- big difference.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Who is this new guy?

If I get along fine with all my mates in my gyms, and other places, what exactly is your problem.

How rude....I was talking to DavPul...
  • GordonWayneWatts
    Options
    @GordonWayne...

Whoa....what? No, this thread is more for stats..not for some guy to go critiquing other people telling them where HE thinks they should be at. This is you hijacking a thread.

So as I suggested, maybe you should start your own group or thread offering advice instead of taking over another's thread.

ETA: And for someone up in arms about assumption and accusations....you sure make a lot yourself :flowerforyou:

And also..Cingle87 didn't ask for your advice :flowerforyou:

What exactly does 'ETA' mean? (Also, for the record, I did not ask for your advice, but I never said you couldn't give it --like apparently you are saying to me, and by extension, to any others who might offer advice on how to get better at lifting.) :bigsmile: