"Big" clohes-what are you doing with them?

Options
12345679»

Replies

• Eve1972
    Eve1972 Posts: 297
    Options
    I donated 4 HUGE bags to The Red Cross!
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    give them to my skinny sister who now wears bigger clothes size than me :devil:
  • madamepsychosis
    madamepsychosis Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I donate them, sell them or give them to friends and relatives who want them. I have way too many clothes anyway. I actually do keep one pair of jeans that are a little roomy for when I'm on my period, as I bloat a lot and don't really want to have to wriggle into my skinniest jeans during that time of the month.
  • Glenruth
    Glenruth Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Good clothes to charity shops. Older has all gone in bin. No large wardrobe remains. !!! I am not going back.
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    If you paid a ton for something and LOVE it, get it altered. Other than that, get rid of it. Save nothing "just in case" because then there will be a "just in case"...You've worked too hard to revert back to that size 20!

^this
  • KISSDEP
    KISSDEP Posts: 4
    Options
    You could sell them on E-Bay. Larger ladies usually have trouble finding nice good quality items. Then, with the money you make, you can buy size 14 clothes!! My Mum did this when she gave up smoking. The money that she would have spent on ciggies, she put in a jar and then treat herself to something nice.
  • talzybob
    talzybob Posts: 80
    Options
    my larger jeans went to my sis while she is pregnant. and the rest went to charity. someone else can enjoy them while they are still in good condition.
  • kford12
    kford12 Posts: 112
    Options
    I think I am going to burn them on a big bonfire and dance around it naked :drinker:
  • Zoe2901
    Zoe2901 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I give all mine to my sister inlaw which in a way i feel guilty about because i feel like im rubbing it in about how much ive lost but on the other hand its great for her as she gets free clothes.
    Im buying smaller stuff from charity shoos at the moment untill i reach my goal the ill spend a bit of mney and invest in a completly new wardrobe
  • Zoe2901
    Zoe2901 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Double post
  • AmmyP
    AmmyP Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Things like dress jackets don't go out of style...have you tried getting them altered to fit you now?
  • hummingbird71
    hummingbird71 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Gather all the ones together that don't fit.... pick out your very favorite 5 pieces. Consign the rest and take the money you make to alter the top 5!

OMG... Thanks so much for this... I can do this!!! Great idea!

Thanks so much for everyones input ~ I plan on going thru my closet this weekend and getting them boxed up 1-box) take to my sister who wants to "check them out" before I do anything with 2-box) Nice jackets/shirts that I DON'T want to get rid of but can have altered 3-box) Not my sister's taste so gonna consign them - and what they don't want I will give to the local Good Will... this way everyone wins - :laugh:
  • lissa71
    lissa71 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Friends and Goodwill. I am trying to get rid of everything - because I am not going back to those sizes. :-)