Are fat thighs a complete turn off?

Options

Replies

• JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    It is hard to be confident in how you look with the media throwing anorexic models in our faces

Speak for yourself! This says a lot about YOU.
  • 2Bskinny4good_Stacie
    Options
    I did not read through all the posts but for me I like a girl that thinks she looks sexy. If she thinks her thighs are big and is self conscious about them and does not want to be naked or spontaneous then that is not attractive to me. My wife had nice big thighs and a big butt to match and I loved every part of her. She is loosing weight with me now and her legs are getting toned and her butt is shrinking and she is even hotter to me now. NOT because she is smaller and more fit but because SHE thinks she is looking better and feels more sexy.

^^^^^^I think what mustgetmusle1 said is dead on...

It is quite obvious that my husband finds me more attractive now than when I was 40+ pounds heavier. No doubt the physical changes that occurred with my body as I lost weight and toned up are a big part of that but I couldn't agree more with what is said above. When I started feeling like I looked better and felt more sexy that is when his intetrest really increased. I still don't have the legs I want...probably never will but I am doing my best to learn to feel sexy with them...hope you can too :flowerforyou:
  • jenna_scott
    jenna_scott Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I was looking at some of the photos of these girls complaining about their "fat/big/thick" thighs and really? Really? REALLY? I'm just saying. You only get to complain about your fat thighs when you have to ALWAYS wear a belt with jeans to hold the waist up because they are so big, but you couldn't buy the next size down because your thighs wouldn't fit in them. I feel like some of these girls taking credit for their "big "thighs is like Al Gore taking credit for creating the Internet. Like I said you have big thighs when your size 12's are so big in the waist they won’t stay up but you could hardly squeeze your thighs in to a 10 and even those are too big in the waist.

I have 26 inch thighs at the widest point, by comparison my waist is 29 inches and my calves are 14.
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    I was looking at some of the photos of these girls complaining about their "fat/big/thick" thighs and really? Really? REALLY? I'm just saying. You only get to complain about your fat thighs when you have to ALWAYS wear a belt with jeans to hold the waist up because they are so big, but you couldn't buy the next size down because your thighs wouldn't fit in them.

Is that so?
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    I was looking at some of the photos of these girls complaining about their "fat/big/thick" thighs and really? Really? REALLY? I'm just saying. You only get to complain about your fat thighs when you have to ALWAYS wear a belt with jeans to hold the waist up because they are so big, but you couldn't buy the next size down because your thighs wouldn't fit in them. I feel like some of these girls taking credit for their "big "thighs is like Al Gore taking credit for creating the Internet. Like I said you have big thighs when your size 12's are so big in the waist they won’t stay up but you could hardly squeeze your thighs in to a 10 and even those are too big in the waist.

I have 26 inch thighs at the widest point, by comparison my waist is 29 inches and my calves are 14.

Haha I feel your pain...23 inch thighs at the widest, 27 inch waist, 38 inch butt. All my pants are too big in the waist! :P
  • InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options
    It depends, fat thighs with hips, or narrow hips with fat thighs?
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    I am a man who likes legs, so yes, fat thighs completely turn me off. No offence to anyone, Am I shallow? probably, but it's physical attraction then the attraction of personalities to me. I am who I am, love me or hate me haha

530154_10150666452031824_683431823_9579956_1264353706_n.jpg

That is a man with a wig. Sorry to anyone who does like this.. but in my opinion, a woman who looks masculine is not sexy.
    I have guy friends who would kill for that body. thats creepy.. ew. Sorry.. but.. ew.

No offense and im being completely serious...are your guy friends gay?
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    I like my big thighs. They can carry me long distances, keep me on a horse, and yet still be flexible enough to get into a full split. They might not fit into most jeans (I always have to wear a belt to keep my pants up, because trying to buy down a size means my thighs won't fit, even though my waist does), but they're awesome thighs. If some guy doesn't like that, that's his problem. I'll just kick him to the curb with my big ol' thighs that are well-trained to do some a**-kicking.

And I don't know why people always have to post a picture of an awesomely in-shape woman, and then other people spend so much time being negative about how she looks. Do you (proverbial) think she cares about what you think of how she looks? She has fine-tuned her body into an amazing machine because it makes her happy. Contrary to popular belief, your opinion is not what drives other people to look a certain way. I don't know why people get so hung up and have to say things like "Well, I personally don't like that." Good for you. She isn't going to be butt-hurt about not missing our on your interaction, because she obviously doesn't need that validation to be an awesome individual.
  • hollyeverhart
    hollyeverhart Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    by the way there's a difference between THICK and FAT. A lot of you confuse the two or don't even notice there's a difference.

AGREE SOOOOO MUCH. Also that you can be curvy at any weight, curvy is not fat it depends on your bone structure. I'm curvy & consider my thighs/butt thick for my height/weight..(119 5'4 34-24-35) But I also hate my thighs out of clothes. They have a decent shape but I have always felt self conscious about them, the under the butt cheek area lol I do leg workouts, eat healthy blah blah blah but my thighs forever stay the same, more toned butt still thick. Oh well my big butt would look weird on stick thin legs anyhow.. Also I live in baltimore MD & most men around here love curvy women with thicker thighs/butt & I'm an exotic dancer so I hear about it all the time lol
  • hollyeverhart
    Options
    I've always hated my thighs more than anything. Even with a slight thigh gap I just feel weird about them. I think it's because I have such tiny boobs so it's not very even...meh

i have the same issue :( If only I had some more boobs then I would feel more proportioned but I have a tiny waist, huge hips curvy thighs & butt them a small b cup on a good day... ugh
  • beckylawrence70
    beckylawrence70 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    No straight answer to this, too many variations in what people like or find attractive.
  • mrshoneybear1014
    mrshoneybear1014 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Beauty is the eye of the beholder. I have big thighs and I am happily married. They are out there!
  • sexforjaffacakes
    sexforjaffacakes Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Guys probably prefer a girl with a curvy body. When I see a girl with a flat, dull body and no hips I just assume they
    Haven't hit puberty yet lol

Well that's rude
  • hollyeverhart
    Options
    Guys probably prefer a girl with a curvy body. When I see a girl with a flat, dull body and no hips I just assume they

Well that's rude

Agree...People don't get to decide their bone structure. Its very unnecessary & mean to make comments like that :/ People wonder why some women hate their bodies. How would you feel if people made comments saying "i assume when I see a fat women blah blah blah" People would throw a fit over that! But as always skinny bashing is 'A' okay on MFP! Ugh
  • sexforjaffacakes
    sexforjaffacakes Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options

Well that's rude

Agree...People don't get to decide their bone structure. Its very unnecessary & mean to make comments like that :/ People wonder why some women hate their bodies. How would you feel if people made comments saying "i assume when I see a fat women blah blah blah" People would throw a fit over that! But as always skinny bashing is 'A' okay on MFP! Ugh

I'm not even skinny, and I'm a pear shape - will always have huge *kitten*/legs, but the whole body shaming/skinny bashing thing pisses me off so much.

If I commented on something saying "When I see a woman with large legs I assume she eats too many donuts" people would be well pissed off.

It's a two way street guys - convincing yourself that skinny girls are "disgusting" will not make your rolls of fat any more attractive.

FAT is not CURVY.
    CURVY is genetic - why shame girls that have been born a different shame?
    It's the same as insulting the colour of their skin or eyes or their height...You can't GROW curves, and plenty of men are attracted to slim girls, just as they are to curvy girls.

Get over yourself, lose the excess weight and be happy with your natural body - don't start body shaming other girls because you're unhappy with your own *kitten*.
  • cobes24
    cobes24 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    My experience is most guys are just happy to get you nekkid. :)
    582105 Posts: 1
    Options
    Nice thighs
  • Morgan5647
    Morgan5647 Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    Who is 100% happy with their body? I don't know anyone
  • GuybrushThreepw00d
    GuybrushThreepw00d Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Are fat thighs a turn-off or do guys not really care?

well they're not a turn-on anyway.
  • jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    Options
    thick thighs usually means a great *kitten* so no, it's not a turn off whatsoever! guys really like them and i am learning to like them too ;)

This is spot on. Most guys (me included) LOVE curves like that. :)