A poll: Thoughts on tattoos on women...

Options
knitfastpurlyoung
knitfastpurlyoung Posts: 102 Member
And just to be clear, I am talking beautifully-crafted tattoos by artists.

I am interested in hearing what people think about a full-sleeve tattoo on a girl.

Does the stigma still exist?

What assumptions would you make about a lady with full-sleeve?

Over to you...

Replies

• ♥Faerie♥
    ♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
    Options
    I think good art is always nice to look at.....however, I guess I would be slightly biased on this topic♥
  • BoxingCoachMo
    Options
    Full Sleeve? I think it just depens on how someone pulls it off.

I dont really look at tattoos and think she must be this way.

Personally i find back tattoos HOT
  • hope516
    hope516 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I personally use to think tattoos were FAR from feminine and didn't ever think I would ever get one.

NOW that I have two, with hopes of getting at least one more my view has obviously changed. Working a 9 to 5 wouldn't ever allow me to get anything like a full sleeve and personally I don't like it. However, I can see how certain people would.

As far as what I think about people with tattoos it depends on what they have. Some tattoos are just like...what were you thinking? while others are more artistic or meaningful and I think those are beautiful!
  • JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    And just to be clear, I am talking beautifully-crafted tattoos by artists.

I am interested in hearing what people think about a full-sleeve tattoo on a girl.

What assumptions would you make about a lady with full-sleeve?

Over to you...

I get a little hot and bothered, if it's done well.
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    Well done tattoos are beautiful whether on a man or a woman. I'm getting a chest piece done in a couple of months, if people judge me, fine, their loss. I don't make assumptions on people from appearence...
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    I could care less, and try not to judge anyone based on their outward appearance.

The reality is, though, that having visible body modifications will affect one's employment opportunities.
  • BoxingCoachMo
    Options
    oh we all make assumptions its in our nature, but a wise person doesn't come out with it. They just speak to someone and see what the person is like then judge.

I agree with Faerie, good art is good art. Depends who the viewer is.
  • knitfastpurlyoung
    Options
    Well done tattoos are beautiful whether on a man or a woman. I'm getting a chest piece done in a couple of months, if people judge me, fine, their loss. I don't make assumptions on people from appearence...

I agree, although people being people will make a quick assumptions on anyone and any attribute.

I'm not interested in whether the assumption itself is deserved or right, but what the assumption actually is.

I hear a lot of... i get negative looks - but what does that mean?

Do those people think you are dirty / aggressive / reckless / alcoholic / a fan of Slayer...???

I don't want anyone to get grief because of their opinion - I'm honestly just interested to hear it, so speak up! :)
  • knitfastpurlyoung
    Options
    The reality is, though, that having visible body modifications will affect one's employment opportunities.

This depends entirely on what employment you take... ;)
  • SinIsIn
    SinIsIn Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    I'd think the lady was AWESOME! I love full sleeve tattoos on other women.

My tattoos are all in places that can be covered up because of my work. But if my job didn't care, I'd go crazy
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    This depends entirely on what employment you take... ;)
    It affects the opportunities out there, regardless of which path one might pursue.
  • Tiff587
    Tiff587 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I love tattoos on men a women, I think they can be a beautiful work of art. I find them very sexy!
    My tattoos were years in planning and my largest was over 11 hours sitting!

I don't know if people judge me for them, they are hidden during work as I would not be allowed.

The only thing I would say to people planning on getting one is be aware that some people see them and think they have the right to tell you if they like them or not. I've never understood this, I wouldn't walk up to someone and tell them their shoes were s**t!

I got in an argument with a guy after he said tattoos were ugly and unfeminine, he said I would look much better without. I had never met this guy before, it was one of the first things he said to me???? :noway: I said I didn't like his face, but at least I can hide my tattoos! :laugh:

Oh well! I love my tattoos and I think your body is your own so decorate it if you wish!

:flowerforyou:

edit: For ref some of my tattoos are in my profile
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    I like them, as long as they don't look like "prison tats"
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    BIG fan! :love:
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    Have you seen _snw_? If you don't think sleeves are hot on women, you clearly haven't seen her.

She's smokin'
  • _snw_
    _snw_ Posts: 1,305 Member
    Options
    i'm unsure. i think sleeves are ~ghetto~ on girls.

(is "ghetto" still pc? or should i say "white trash"?)
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Full sleeves are gorgeous on women as long as the artwork is done superbly.
  • thelovelyLIZ
    thelovelyLIZ Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    The assumption I make about a lady with a full sleeve is she's a badass.

Unless of course the tattoos are trashy or poorly done. Then I'm just sad for her. But that applies to anyone.
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    I could care less, and try not to judge anyone based on their outward appearance.

Depending on the degree, and what you want to do professionally, yes. My sister in law has tons of tattoos, a septum piercing, plugs in both ears....and she works for IBM. She puts takes out her plugs and puts in a clear spacer in her septum, covers her tattoos with clothing, and dresses all business-y for work and you'd NEVER know what she's got goin on under there. On the weekend, she's like a whole different person! I have a tattoo down my right forearm, and although my employer generally frowns on visible tattoos, my boss told me in my interview "look, plenty of people have tattoos. As long as you don't have something on your forehead or something distracting, and you do a great job, I don't care." I got hired on the spot. I think employers these days are becoming a bit more flexible with that tattoos and piercings thing....although I live in Austin, so it might just be where I live :)
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    Tattoos on women make me wanna try and lick em off.

I realize they never will,

But it doesn't stop me from tryin.