A poll: Thoughts on tattoos on women...

Options

Replies

• sixrings
    sixrings Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I will be the minority here but I don't like tattoo's on anyone. I've never seen someone with a tattoo that I thought looked better because of it. Just not my thing I guess
  • rbn_held
    rbn_held Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I think with women that less is more. I have 6 of them (soon to be 7) but they are all in places that I can hide if I want/need to. Some places to me are just not appropriate or respectful to have tattoos showing (ie Funerals, Church and other religious ceramonies). And it's not about what other people think of them, its all about the respect thing.
  • angieleighbyrd
    angieleighbyrd Posts: 989 Member
    Options
    I have a sleeve on my left arm and planning one on my right. My left arm actually has a theme. My right will probably just be random stuff that means something to me.

Those aren't the only tattoos I have, and aren't the only ones I'm planning.

I have a total of 7 now.

I love my art. I love seeing others art.

I think it's sad that people base who I am because I chose to put my art on my body and not my walls.
  • _snw_
    _snw_ Posts: 1,305 Member
    Options
    I'm happy for you. Fact remains that there are still many jobs out there that do not permit them. Hence, my statement that having visible body mod affects the employment opportunities available to one. It's a fact, not an opinion.

"visible", meaning to me, not able to cover up, would really only mean hand, neck and face ink, correct?

Unless, of course, the employment opportunity you are looking for is that of a stripper.
  • ThePhoenixRose
    ThePhoenixRose Posts: 1,985 Member
    Options
    Tattoos on women make me wanna try and lick em off.

I realize they never will,

But it doesn't stop me from tryin.

i kind of have a thing against unnecessary pain, but this is making me rethink my stance on tattoos...
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    The reality is, though, that having visible body modifications will affect one's employment opportunities.
    This depends entirely on what employment you take... ;)
    It affects the opportunities out there, regardless of which path one might pursue.
    I disagree. I work with and have met many people in my industry with visible tattoos.

I understand though, that in most industries this is the case. Just not all.
    So, if there are industries where one cannot gain employment because of visible body modifications, we agree that one's opportunities are limited -- right?
  • bigdawg025
    bigdawg025 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Personally I'm not a fan... however... if well crafted and artsy I tend to find myself admiring them. It just depends I guess... for the most part... I think it's overkill.
  • FarmboyWesley
    Options
    jrboyles is speaking my mind. Tattoos are completely and utterly disgusting. What's more, I would never hire someone with visible tattoos.
  • Sh1tsRainbows
    Sh1tsRainbows Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    TRASHY :flowerforyou:
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    I'm happy for you. Fact remains that there are still many jobs out there that do not permit them. Hence, my statement that having visible body mod affects the employment opportunities available to one. It's a fact, not an opinion.
    "visible", meaning to me, not able to cover up, would really only mean hand, neck and face ink, correct?

Unless, of course, the employment opportunity you are looking for is that of a stripper.
    Exactly. I would also include facial piercings or lobe stretching.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    I think tattoos on either sex looks cheap.
    I guess you've never priced one out then.
  • TexanThom
    TexanThom Posts: 778
    Options
    IMO....I don't like them at all, on anyone.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    It really depends on the tattoos. I've seen some people with some really stupid looking tattoos (in my opinion) and I've seen people with really awesome tattoos. In general, I like them and I think people look nice with them.
  • Ali_TSO
    Ali_TSO Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I think women who have sleeves rock the confidence! I'm gonna get a 1/4 sleeve at goal weight! :)
  • Shriffee
    Shriffee Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I would never get a full sleeve, in fact, I'm 27 and will probably never get a tattoo. I just don't really care for them, and that's my personal preference. But as far as other women with tattoos and more specifically full-sleeves, I don't really care. It can be a bit striking at first, but I let their personality and behaviors influence my impression of them. Some look pretty neat. That's just not my thing.
  • knitfastpurlyoung
    knitfastpurlyoung Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I think there are still gang related affiliation issues in some countries. e.g. Japan have a 'no tattoo' policy in many places for that reason and my cousin had trouble getting a job because of her full sleeve in Canada even though they are a very tattooed nation in comparison to most. that was in the service industry though. depends if you want to travel a lot a guess! even then, I don’t think it closes many doors and done well I think they look amazing. x

This I didn't know. Thank you lady. ;) x
  • _snw_
    _snw_ Posts: 1,305 Member
    Options

Exactly. I would also include facial piercings or lobe stretching.

alright. agreed.
  • goofyrick24
    goofyrick24 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Good Tattoos are Hot on women.. Sleeves are cool but it also depends on your profession. I work at a bank and I could only get away with a 1/4 sleeve due to polo shirts we wear on Fridays..
  • Charlotthenson
    Options
    I have ben a Paralegal for over 12 years. Man or Woman.....no Judge likes to see this. It still has a negative response right or wrong, why take the chance to looe a great job because of a tattoo, or seen as being reble!!
  • knitfastpurlyoung
    knitfastpurlyoung Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I don't like tattoos in men or woman

I don't think that they are attractive or feminine at all. I saw last year a very nice looking young lady with a beautiful dress and sleeve tattoos in both arms, and, IMOP, she just didn't look good or elegant at all. Even my husband made that comment.

Sorry OP if you didn’t like my answer, but you asked the question.

I am interested in ALL opinions on the matter. Thank you for contributing! :)