A poll: Thoughts on tattoos on women...

Options

Replies

• SlimSammy2012
    Options
    People are going to be people! Do what you want to do! Nicely done sleeves are attractive to me. Most women can pull it off. As long as you don't look like a drugged out crack W@#re you'll be fine.
  • _snw_
    _snw_ Posts: 1,305 Member
    Options
    yup. i wear long sleeves everyday to work. not really a problem.

My job is surprisingly cool about it. I'm in an office in short sleeves right now.

my job is actually fine with it i'm sure, its just a professioinal environment so i cover it up just for the respect i have for my career.
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    The reality is, though, that having visible body modifications will affect one's employment opportunities.
    This depends entirely on what employment you take... ;)
    It affects the opportunities out there, regardless of which path one might pursue.
    I have a supervisor position with the federal government and I have never once been asked to cover mine up.
    I'm happy for you. Fact remains that there are still many jobs out there that do not permit them. Hence, my statement that having visible body mod affects the employment opportunities available to one. It's a fact, not an opinion.
  • skinnieminniemouse
    Options
    Personally, I think if a woman gets a full sleeve then they look better when they are feminine and girly. I think some women suit them and some don't. I only have small tattoos, I would never get a sleeve because I don't think it would suit me!
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    I LOVE inked girls. No stigma in my opinion.
  • JMPerlin
    JMPerlin Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Not trying to pass judgement on anyone but I really do not care for tattoos on women. A lot of women think they are hot when they are younger but as the age they tend to look ridiculous. With that said, to each their own.
  • grassette
    grassette Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    They are ugly with a strapless wedding dress.
  • k0nfyo0zed
    k0nfyo0zed Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I am currently planning a half-sleeve tattoo. a representation of the footprints in the sand poem, and later if i want it to be a full sleeve i can do an ocean scene from the elbow down.

i vote awesome :)
  • Kristy_Elizabeth
    Options
    I wouldn't make any type of assumptions about someone based on their having a tattoo unless it was bad tacky work. I'm just not a tattoo kinda girl. I like piercings. My ears are pierced three times on each side and I've had the cartilage done a couple of times. My guy has a couple of hot tattoos and I love them though!
  • goldfinger88
    goldfinger88 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    I think tattoos on either sex looks cheap.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    All three of my daughters have tattoos. For different reasons and in different quantities. I don't like them for the most part. Think it's just marring something that is already beautiful.

But, hey, a person getting a tattoo isn't getting it for other people's approval anywways, are they/
  • knitfastpurlyoung
    knitfastpurlyoung Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    The reality is, though, that having visible body modifications will affect one's employment opportunities.
    This depends entirely on what employment you take... ;)
    It affects the opportunities out there, regardless of which path one might pursue.

I disagree. I work with and have met many people in my industry with visible tattoos.

I understand though, that in most industries this is the case. Just not all.
  • StartingAnewDay
    StartingAnewDay Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    And just to be clear, I am talking beautifully-crafted tattoos by artists.

I am interested in hearing what people think about a full-sleeve tattoo on a girl.

Does the stigma still exist?

What assumptions would you make about a lady with full-sleeve?

Over to you...

That it hurt like hell!! Everytime I see ANY tattoos all I think is ooowwweeyyyyy!!!! (I have 2 on my collarbones..)
  • ElleOQuent
    ElleOQuent Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I appreciate art in all its forms -- in a museum, on a wall, or imprinted on human flesh.

To me, a visual feast has no room for judgement and does not seek the ever-wavering approval of others. It just exists for the artist's and beholder's merriment.
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    I'd think the lady was AWESOME! I love full sleeve tattoos on other women.

My tattoos are all in places that can be covered up because of my work. But if my job didn't care, I'd go crazy

If that's your tattoo in your picture - that's just the type of tattoo I would want. :) Beautiful.
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    I have nothing personal against anyone with tattoos at all. I just think personally for me getting tattoos (especially a sleeve) would just look so horrible on me. (Also im just not interested in getting any tattoos anyways) I don't think tattoos fit me anyhow. But I think
    some people looks great with a tattoo or so, covered all over in tattoos is a little too much but hey everyone can do whatever :) Tattoos for whomever likes them! :):)
  • Roadie2000
    Roadie2000 Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    The human body (mainly a well taken care of female body) is a work of art in itself. Too many tats kind of screw it up for me.
  • ChevyChick88
    ChevyChick88 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I'd think the lady was AWESOME! I love full sleeve tattoos on other women.

My tattoos are all in places that can be covered up because of my work. But if my job didn't care, I'd go crazy

This^^
  • poncho33
    poncho33 Posts: 1,511
    Options
    I don't mind a few tattoos on women, I'm not into full sleaves and job killers though.
  • jhurley92
    jhurley92 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    oh just do it you only live once. I would rather regret doing somethin than regret not doin it when its to late!! depends how badly you want it.