BLACK TEAM WEEK 6

Options

Replies

• 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,758 Member
    Options
    Morning black team. Last chance workout day. My mind knows it and wants to work hard today, my body is disagreeing. I've had some issues with my foot for the past 3 weeks or so. I've been working through it but I think it's getting worse. Yesterday I only ran 1/2 mile and did the elliptical, stairclimber and bike instead to give it a rest. Somehow I jacked up my knee. Seriously! :grumble:

My head is finally in the game, I'm willing to work hard, put in the hours, do what needs to be done. My poor old body is not cooperating. :sad:

I am going to head to the gym, I will ride the bike, it doesn't get any more low impact for ailing tootsies and knees. I can lift without any issues. I'm thinking I won't get anywhere near the 1,000 calories I wanted to burn but as promised I'm going to listen to my body, if it says no, I'm not going to say go.

I am going to pop an 800 milligram Motrin (called Vitamin M in the military, cause they give it to you for everything, it's like candy or something) those things work wonders... until the wear off. :laugh:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Evening folks. Funny moment from today. My 12 year old son, Ian is selling on ebay a pair of ripped up Abercrombie jeans in a 30x30. Much to his dismay I had them on today and they fit. Muhahaha!

Ok, so they were tight across the hips and behind, but they were on and all of the buttons on the button fly were closed. He did tell me not to sit down, he was afraid I would rip them and he couldn't sell them. Seriously? How would you notice a few more rips? Those things cost a fortune and looked like they met a weed whacker when he bought them. I believe they call the look 'destroyed'.

I remember the day when they were little and got holes in their jeans and I wouldn't let them wear them 'out' places. Now a dressed up look is jeans that are ripped to shreds.

I'm a traitor to my generation because I never got that style even when I was younger. :laugh: Can't imagine buying (or fitting, for that matter) anything in that store, especially some ripped jeans!

I am right there with you, Shuntae! I couldn't justify the expense! Ridiculous! I saw acid washed jeans a couple weeks at the store. MY EYES! MY EYES!

Ouch! I can handle it on kids 21 and under because they don't remember it the first time...but I firmly believe that if you wore it the first time, you are too damn old to rock it when it comes back.

You two are still young. I'm older than you and when I get to my goal I'm buying myself a pair of those ripped up jeans and I'm going to rock them. I think I'll go to American Eagle though, Abercrombie is out of my price range. Those old movie star folks do it, so can I darn it! :laugh: (Wonder if they make them with a pouch to stick the belly flab?)

LOL You are too much! I did go into American Eagle for the first time a couple months ago, and it wasn't so bad. The rest of them (Abercrombie, Hollister, etc.) are not my style or budget at all. Especially not when I have to dress up most of the time. I'm more of a New York & Co kind of girl.

I know......my son loves Fitch........I mean, no WAY I am paying 150 for a pair of torn worn jeans:noway:

I love NY and CO:heart:
  • 72lori
    Options
    Confession. I got on the scale, a day early. The more I walked around the more I realized I really need to rest my hurting parts for a few days. I figured I'd get on the scale and be pleased with the results and not feel bad for taking off today. Right? Justification? Wrong! It was not all that kind. Same weight as last Wednesday even after all that work. Can't win for trying people! :grumble: :grumble:

I'm tyring to put a positive spin on this so I did just go and do my body fat %, I have one of the handheld at home things. Just a few pounds ago it was 25.4%, this morning it was 23.8%. That's something. Actually that's a big something, it's been at mid 25% for the past 2 or 3 months, so something is changing!

Ok, haven't measured for a few weeks either, I think I'll go do that too!
  • 72lori
    Options
    6 weeks ago I was 2.5 pounds heavier but today I am 4.5 inches smaller. I'll take it.

It is slow. It's hard to get excited when the scale doesn't validate all of your hard work. There are other ways to see progress though. Thank goodness.

It's all good.
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    Thanks all for the well wishes.

Just waiting on the results now...

Jeannie - congrats on your new bike. I love mine - I know you will have a great time with yours.

April - you are a great sister..

Lynnie - hope you are feeling better soon.

Lori - don't sweat the scale, you've been busting your butt - good chance you have traded up for muscle, and may have some water weight from working out. Scale will move soon.

Vanessa - hope Owen is OK, poor little spud.

Sam - my starting weight was 204 at 5'9".

Must go back to work..

Love to you all... Janie
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Janie - still praying for you, my dear! :heart:

Sam - are you looking for *starting* starting weights? If that's the case, I was 196 at 5'-7". Tada!
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Sam's looking for what?

What'd I miss?
  • 3babybeans
    Options

finding out what we have all lost would be cool. If everyone wants to send their original start weight I will put up how much we have all lost from the begining!

Bumperoni from Samaroni.
  • Marla64
    Options

finding out what we have all lost would be cool. If everyone wants to send their original start weight I will put up how much we have all lost from the begining!

Bumperoni from Samaroni.

Well, shucks-- from the beginning of time-- at one point, mid to late '90s, I was 222 -- ugh.

My official start weight last June was 210--
  • Nonibug
    Nonibug Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Update on Owen:

We need a couple prayers if anyone has any spares. He's still sick and getting more and more sick by the day. Brought him to the doctor today, they're testing for ecoli, parasites, salmonella, etc. At work today, but only breifly and only because there is no one else here who can work my accounts. (backup is out today too). Tired, headache, didn't get my 3000 calories in this weekend. 750 though. Starting to feel like my house is covered in a flim of diarrhea and vomit. Blech. Scared for my little guy. BF says it's all my fault... I'm not sure how. And he is no help what-so-ever. I need a pick-me-up badly. Sorry for the downer of a post. Really REALLY hope everyone else has a better day than I'm having!!!
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Aww Vanessa, Im so sorry to hear about little Owen! Saying prayers for him and keeping you both in my thoughts:heart:
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Update on Owen:

We need a couple prayers if anyone has any spares. He's still sick and getting more and more sick by the day. Brought him to the doctor today, they're testing for ecoli, parasites, salmonella, etc. At work today, but only breifly and only because there is no one else here who can work my accounts. (backup is out today too). Tired, headache, didn't get my 3000 calories in this weekend. 750 though. Starting to feel like my house is covered in a flim of diarrhea and vomit. Blech. Scared for my little guy. BF says it's all my fault... I'm not sure how. And he is no help what-so-ever. I need a pick-me-up badly. Sorry for the downer of a post. Really REALLY hope everyone else has a better day than I'm having!!!
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Aww Vanessa, Im so sorry to hear about little Owen! Saying prayers for him and keeping you both in my thoughts:heart:

And if BF blames you one more time, smack him! Like you don't have enough of your own mommy-induced-guilt. Moron. :noway:
  • Nonibug
    Options

Bumperoni from Samaroni.

Yuck!! My starting weight was 335 at 5'5" in Sept. 08. Looks really horrible until I stop and think about how far Ive come since then:blushing: NEVER gonna let that happen again!!:drinker:
  • Nonibug
    Options
    Thanks all for the well wishes.

Just waiting on the results now...

Jeannie - congrats on your new bike. I love mine - I know you will have a great time with yours.

April - you are a great sister..

Lynnie - hope you are feeling better soon.

Lori - don't sweat the scale, you've been busting your butt - good chance you have traded up for muscle, and may have some water weight from working out. Scale will move soon.

Vanessa - hope Owen is OK, poor little spud.

Sam - my starting weight was 204 at 5'9".

Must go back to work..

Love to you all... Janie

Thinking postitive on those results....good vibes for ya!!:flowerforyou:
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Back from the clinic. Severe upper respitory infection. Bed rest and fluids, along with some anti-biotics. Does floating in the pool drinking beer count as bed rest and fluids? Actually I am joking, not even a party animal like me can hang today...I'm in my dark little cave of a bedroom with a glass of water on the bedstand, trying to breathe. Maybe my sister will bring me chicken noodle soup. HAHAHA

((Lynnie)) Take care of yourself. Try Gatorade with that water, has all the added things that help keep you hydrated.:heart:
  • jimswmn
    Options
    Janie, Prayers and good, positive vibes coming your way. :heart:
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    My pre-pregnancy weight was 140.
  • Marla64
    Options
    Back from the clinic. Severe upper respitory infection. Bed rest and fluids, along with some anti-biotics. Does floating in the pool drinking beer count as bed rest and fluids? Actually I am joking, not even a party animal like me can hang today...I'm in my dark little cave of a bedroom with a glass of water on the bedstand, trying to breathe. Maybe my sister will bring me chicken noodle soup. HAHAHA

((Lynnie)) Take care of yourself. Try Gatorade with that water, has all the added things that help keep you hydrated.:heart:

Hydrated-- puh-- I'm waiting for the dehydration-- I got the Fred Flintstone feet goin' again--

#$@! Hormones-- @#$! middle age--

I'm back on the diuretic for now-- I look like hell-- :wink:
  • Thin4payton
    Thin4payton Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    My acutual heaviest was 239 at 5'5'' so I have actually lost 6 pounds. I guess I could change my ticker so it reflects that.
  • jimswmn
    Options
    My starting weight was 175 at 5'3"
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    My heaviest was at least 250 (I refused to step on a scale before that so it could have been a fair bit higher; but I do remember seeing that number at some point after I decided to get it together.)

MFP/Black Team starting weight was 165.