Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    Good morning black team!
    Happy last chance workout day!
    Now get moving!
  • Supagurl
    Supagurl Posts: 75
    Options
    Proud to say......DONUT free for 9 days now....WOO-HOO....

VANESSA- prayers for your little guy
    JANIE- sending prayers and good vibes out your way
    JEANNIE- ya....i'm going to have to buy a B-I-C-Y-C-L-E too...lol gotta keep up with the sister lol
    LORI- knee issues totally suck and slow ya down...i would totally be way more active if it wasn't for my knees...i just gotta try to limit myself.....really hard to do....i love to play softball, volleyball, basketball, football....lol i do those things anyways...but have to limit how hard i play and how long....
    MARLA- my dear....you could never look like hell.....

shuntae, renae, bobbi, beansy, lori, andrew and anyone else i missed hope everyone is well....

SAM- starting weight.....274 and i'm 5'8....lol and yes if i dress in all green i totally look like the jolly green giant when i stand next to my sissy-poo:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Vanessa414
    Vanessa414 Posts: 644
    Options
    Back from the clinic. Severe upper respitory infection. Bed rest and fluids, along with some anti-biotics. Does floating in the pool drinking beer count as bed rest and fluids? Actually I am joking, not even a party animal like me can hang today...I'm in my dark little cave of a bedroom with a glass of water on the bedstand, trying to breathe. Maybe my sister will bring me chicken noodle soup. HAHAHA

I hope you feel better soon, Lynnie! Rest up and keep trying to breathe, it's important! :bigsmile:
  • musicmom04
    musicmom04 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    hey all you ladies, where do you go to buy jeans? i just went to old navy, tj maxx, and sears and found nothing. i found out that i can fit into a size 12, but it seems like all the jeans i tried on are stretch material and low rise. the jeans i'm wearing now are express ones that i've had for at least 6 years (the last time i fit into them) and they fit really well. don't they make jeans that keep your stuff in anymore?
  • ksproston
    ksproston Posts: 6,933 Member
    Options
    hey all you ladies, where do you go to buy jeans? i just went to old navy, tj maxx, and sears and found nothing. i found out that i can fit into a size 12, but it seems like all the jeans i tried on are stretch material and low rise. the jeans i'm wearing now are express ones that i've had for at least 6 years (the last time i fit into them) and they fit really well. don't they make jeans that keep your stuff in anymore?

Good question. I'm very interested in this answer too.
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    6 weeks ago I was 2.5 pounds heavier but today I am 4.5 inches smaller. I'll take it.

It is slow. It's hard to get excited when the scale doesn't validate all of your hard work. There are other ways to see progress though. Thank goodness.

It's all good.

What about when you don't lose inches or weight? :cry: :sad: :grumble: :noway: :explode: :angry: :mad:
  • Girlmom282109
    Options

JEANNIE- ya....i'm going to have to buy a B-I-C-Y-C-L-E too...lol gotta keep up with the sister lol
    LORI- knee issues totally suck and slow ya down...i would totally be way more active if it wasn't for my knees...i just gotta try to limit myself.....really hard to do....i love to play softball, volleyball, basketball, football....lol i do those things anyways...but have to limit how hard i play and how long....

shuntae, renae, bobbi, beansy, lori, andrew and anyone else i missed hope everyone is well....

SAM- starting weight.....274 and i'm 5'8....lol and yes if i dress in all green i totally look like the jolly green giant when i stand next to my sissy-poo:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

My Madison is going to be like you April. Maybe even Ava too. Her Dr. Has said anywhere from 5'9" to 6' :noway: I am going to have to tell her to sit down so I can disipline her!!:laugh:
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,758 Member
    Options
    Jeans... just saying the word is like a black cloud hanging over my head. It's torture to shop for them. The last 2 pair I bought were Levi's 550-Relaxed Boot Cut, they seem to work well for me.

When shopping for jeans you should take a friend to run back and forth for different sizes and styles, cause no matter what the tag says, no matter what they say they will do for your shape, how they will flatter your figure, none of them ever fit right. Then the friend can go with you to drown your sorrows and be the DD so you can get home. LOL. Kidding, but there have been times I have shopped for jeans that it felt that bad.

I find that Old Navy and places like that have the more 'hip and in style' fits- in other words, it's all going to hang out. The last time I went shopping for them I wished I had a notebook to write down all the promises made by the jeans- instantly slimming, tummy control, made to fit curves- blah, blah. I was thinking I could write a book about just shopping for jeans!

Sorry my friend, after all of that I have no advice. It's a long tedious process. You will burn mega calories in the never ending search for the perfect jean....... best wishes on your journey!

And with those well wishes I just realized I only have one pair of jeans in my closet that fit *gasp*. Luckily cool weather is a little ways off for me!
  • Girlmom282109
    Options
    Lori- By the way if I do all the exercising this week I have planned for I will have burned 7700+ calories! :noway: :wink:
  • Girlmom282109
    Options
    Oprah was all about jeans yesterday. Marc Jacobs says levi's are the best and stacey london and Oprah both say micheal kors are great! just thought I would throw that out!

Micheal Kors is probably really expensive but Levi's aren't so bad!
  • 72lori
    Options
    6 weeks ago I was 2.5 pounds heavier but today I am 4.5 inches smaller. I'll take it.

It is slow. It's hard to get excited when the scale doesn't validate all of your hard work. There are other ways to see progress though. Thank goodness.

It's all good.

What about when you don't lose inches or weight? :cry: :sad: :grumble: :noway: :explode: :angry: :mad:

Well.... crap, I don't know, but you are burning even more than me. Something has to give. Our scales must be affected by the unseasonably, ridiculously, freaking hot weather in Florida. There must be some magnetic pull that is disrupting the ability of our scales to properly analyze, calculate and report our weight. Yeah, that's it!
  • ksproston
    ksproston Posts: 6,933 Member
    Options
    Did 120 crunches, in various forms, last night. After seeing my tummy in the plank position, it was obvious I need some serious tightening in that area. Wish we had a treadmill at home. Haven't run since last Monday morning....That always helps. Now, it's too stinkin' hot to run in our gym at noon. Supposed to reach at least 110 with the heat index today. Might have to dust off my bi-CYCLE too. It's an oldie but does the job I suppose.
  • 72lori
    Options
    Lori- By the way if I do all the exercising this week I have planned for I will have burned 7700+ calories! :noway: :wink:

You are a machine. My knee and foot and really that one whole leg are ticked off at me. You are younger, you're body must be cooperating better.

I did pop a Motrin and got one of those bands to go under my knee to keep it from popping, the knee cap seems to have issues. I'm going to go to the gym and ride, ride, ride. I think I'll sit on one of the recumbent bikes that only the grey hairs use at my gym. I need to BURN. It's totally bugging me that it's last chance workout and I haven't done anything!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options

I found the perfect pair of jeans for 20 bucks at Macy's
  • arewethereyet
    Options

It's all good.

Yeah.......:sad: :sad: :sad:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Did 120 crunches, in various forms, last night. After seeing my tummy in the plank position, it was obvious I need some serious tightening in that area. Wish we had a treadmill at home. Haven't run since last Monday morning....That always helps. Now, it's too stinkin' hot to run in our gym at noon. Supposed to reach at least 110 with the heat index today. Might have to dust off my bi-CYCLE too. It's an oldie but does the job I suppose.

I started hip raises for my stomach. WOW the entire network of abs are burnign today. WOOT!
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options

You made me laugh because I am also 5'8" and my sister is 5'1...we don't even look like we belong to the same family! :laugh:
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Its official my city has been put on the map. Sarah Jessica Parker's surrogate gave birth at our local hospital last night to twin girls. That's where my hubby works. Following link gives the story.

http://wtrf.com/story.cfm?func=viewstory&storyid=61526
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options

Macy's has a brand jean that I :heart: . ,Style and Co. Keeps everything in and is comfortable and affordable too.
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options

My tummy, in the plank position, damn near hits the floor-- :sick: