Why do people ignore friend requests?

Options

Replies

• _snw_
    _snw_ Posts: 1,305 Member
    Options
    i'm not going to read them all

you have what? 35 friends. yes, you see why you all support one another. I have 189 or something. for MEm, it gets difficult. i actually interact on a constant basis with all my friends. I get new friend a 1or2 week "newbie" period and he we don't know, deny.

and for not accepting frs with a message - it's just cause i want to know where you found me from. with me, that matter.
  • Bob314159
    Bob314159 Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    I don't know about here - but I'm in another place where I got hundreds of friend requests - almost all obsessive collectors who never communicated. There is some psychological weirdness in some who just want to have a large number of "friends" and actually get offended if you message them,.
  • islandnutshel
    islandnutshel Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    if someone asks for friend i say yes. A note is nice, something like, "saw your post" or "howdy neighbor" or "celiac too".... something that makes me want to at least read their profile...
    Have you read the profile of your friends?
  • sthrnchick
    sthrnchick Posts: 771
    Options
    I add anyone that sends me a request... but will unfriend if they arent logging in.... or doing the job.
  • ChasingSweatandTears
    ChasingSweatandTears Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I was on here for several months before I added anyone. It was just weird to me to have all these people knowing how much I weigh, or seeing what I eat etc... I didn't join the site for support, I joined it for the food diary. Now I have a few friends, and I like getting feedback and encouraging others, but that's still not the primary reason I'm here. I'm here to lose weight, get in shape and track my nutrients. I don't always accept requests without messages because I think it's odd that you would want to connect with me yet not tell me why. A message is polite. I also deny requests and or immediately remove people if I see extremely rude or obnoxious behavior on the forums. We all have our moments but if someone is consistently rude and condescending, I don't want them in my life in anyway, including online.

It really shouldn't be a big deal. For every one person that denies you, there will be five more that will accept you. It's not personal at all. Everyone is here for their own reasons. The "social" aspect can be interesting but for many people, myself included, its completely optional and not a factor in my success.
    If you get wrapped up in the opinions of others, you risk losing sight of what's most important... Yourself.
  • secrets_out
    secrets_out Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I want to know why I caught your eye then I'll accept, if you don't interact with me or have anything in common with me then I cut em.
  • DavidOfOz
    DavidOfOz Posts: 225
    Options
    I dont ignore friend requests!....I just never seem to get any.......Maybe if I changed my picture to a hot chick, they would come rolling in! :laugh:
  • dollipop
    dollipop Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I think it's kinda rude to send a blank FR. If you want to be my friend, then you can at least say why. *shrugs*
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Honestly, why should I have to be everyone's friend? I don't want every last person on this site to be my "friend." I keep friends that I interact with often and have common interests with.

If I want to interact with other people, I will use the forums.

^^this
  • dollipop
    dollipop Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    When you get your first unsolicited penis photo you'll understand.

Ok. Now I'm skeered.

:noway:

Hahaha oh yeah or detailed pm of what they would like to do with/to you.

It happens.

A lot.

Do they ask if they can paint your toenails? I had one do that!
    Lol, I had one ask if he could colour in my tattoo with a sharpie :wink:
    That was pretty clever.
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    I'd love to ignore everyone's requests. Please send me some!
  • MiniMichelle
    MiniMichelle Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    I am a bewbie shaking, kiss blowing, *kitten* slapping b@&*h... I'm not everyone's cup of tea.

I didn't know they had tea like that... Is that like a spicy green tea?

No, its not actually I don't do spicy... It does come extra hot...without a warning. I like living on the edge :wink:
    You like extra hot tea?? If so, feel free to send a FR.. and as the daily special for today... You don't even need to include a message. Now those are some tasty apples
  • 2gabbee
    2gabbee Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Supportive people help us get thru the difficult times, provide tips and encourage us to challenge ourselves in ways we may not have otherwise. I have been blessed to have met so many wonderful people off this site. I hope those new to the site don't get discouraged there are so may members & groups it's just a matter of finding that right fit & connect with the right people.
  • TheBraveryLover
    TheBraveryLover Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    I didn't know this was a free for all. I decline about 95% percent of people who request me because I don't have much in common with them as far as fitness goals. This is called Myfitnesspal for a reason. Each individual can use the site as they see fit and having 100 friends is not the way I want to utilize the site.
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    I am a bewbie shaking, kiss blowing, *kitten* slapping b@&*h... I'm not everyone's cup of tea.

I didn't know they had tea like that... Is that like a spicy green tea?

No, its not actually I don't do spicy... It does come extra hot...without a warning. I like living on the edge :wink:
    You like extra hot tea?? If so, feel free to send a FR.. and as the daily special for today... You don't even need to include a message. Now those are some tasty apples

I'm more of a protein shakes and oats kinda guy over hot tea. You have a special coming up for a protein shake smoothie?
  • hiker282
    hiker282 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    Back up, back up! This is a support site? I thought it was only for sexy people and I only ignore the FR from the non-sexy types that don't belong. Put *that* in your pipe and smoke it.
  • ReinasWrath
    ReinasWrath Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    I'd rather add people who are going to become a real friend~ offer support and talk to me, have stuff in common. Instead of accepting everyone and ending up with a list of people who I know NOTHING about and who don't talk to me at all.
  • hedgiie
    hedgiie Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    the requestor should build rapport by sending a short message, whatever message it is.
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    Back up, back up! This is a support site? I thought it was only for sexy people and I only ignore the FR from the non-sexy types that don't belong. Put *that* in your pipe and smoke it.

Consider yourself solicited. :wink:
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options

Being on of HIkers friends I approve of this message... That means I'm hot property... Mainly think it's my immature charm ;-)