Are most men like this to live with??

Options

Replies

• TK266
    TK266 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Options
    not me, my dad raised me right. but as many have said, talk to him aobut it and let him know you expect him to clean up. that way it is not a mystery to him when you get upset and loudly suggest he should "clean if F***ing plate before you shove it up his a**"
  • Perfectdiamonds1
    Perfectdiamonds1 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    He used to live with his mother for quite a while prior to us moving in together, I figure now she must have done most, if not all of the cleaning and other chores.
    I really don't see this as a way I want to live my life long term and I don't even think I want to get married now. I know that if I have the talk with him about dividing things up equally that he will get really angry and defensive so I would rather just let the issue go. It's a shame though because we got along so well together before we started living together and I would have my own place if it wasn't for the fact that I'm broke right now.

Do you have family and a support system? That is what is needed here. I feel like there is a bit of low self esteem also. You dont have to let him treat you like that. That is why you should not shack up. He is getting everything and not contributing anything. You can get what he is giving you anywhere on the street. Leave him and get yourself together. Never be dependent on a man. You want to make him feel like a man, but he must deserve it. He is behaving like a child and you or what 26 years old? Do you really see yourself with him in 2 years, 1 year or even six month? Please get your mind together, you know the way he is behaving is not correct or you would not be writing asking opinions. Like I use to let men know, "I grew up with a daddy, so I know what to expect from you". :laugh: But, you know how much you can put up with also.
  • JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    I've recently moved in with my boyfriend and I'm just wondering if I'm being taken advantage of or if all guys are like this?

My boyfriend NEVER washes up his dishes which really annoys me because he has friend eggs and bacon every morning for breakfast. I just think he could at least clean his pans and plates and cups once as a sign of respect rather than leaving than for me. I also have cereal every morning which he knows that I don't use a pan...I just have one bowl.

He also just expects I'm going to make his dinner every night which is a pain for me because I'm a vegetarian and he's not so I have to make separate meals. He often doesn't finish until late so I have to make sure his meal is ready and hot by the time he gets home. I hate to sound like I'm ranting and being selfish but it's getting to the point where I don't want to do it anymore and I resent him for it sometimes. It's things too like making his bed which he just expects I'll do every morning and then it's funny because sometimes I'll leave a couple of crumbs on his couch and he'll say 'You can't eat breakfast on the couch, it has to be at the table...you're too messy' and then I'll look in the sink and there's a bazillion plates and cups there again :I

I'm just wondering if it's me being picky or if there really is a problem here?

Stop being picky. He is preparing you for the rest of your life together. You should be thankful he is willing to show you the ropes so quickly.
  • roachhaley
    roachhaley Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    I hate man bashing threads with an all-consuming passion.

Men. Are. Awesome.

Guess what - I suck at keeping the dishes and laundry and other chores done. I'm a girl.
    Penises don't make someone a slob. Being a slob makes someone a slob.

Men - YOU ROCK! I love that you're logical and solution-based. I love when you make me feel safe. I love the way you smell. I love the way you look. I love when you fix things for me or show me how to fix them. I love that you put up with my emotional roller coasters.
    Men. Are. Awesome.

/endrant

this ^
  • AddA2UDE
    AddA2UDE Posts: 382
    Options
    Communication. You need to tell him what's bothering you.

^^^THIS^^^
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options

Men. Are. Awesome.

Guess what - I suck at keeping the dishes and laundry and other chores done. I'm a girl.

Men - YOU ROCK! I love that you're logical and solution-based. I love when you make me feel safe. I love the way you smell. I love the way you look. I love when you fix things for me or show me how to fix them. I love that you put up with my emotional roller coasters.
    Men. Are. Awesome.

/endrant

I love how you look while eating a banana. :)
    (and you didn't even see the video)
  • marieautumn
    marieautumn Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    making his bed??? do you have separate beds??

stop babying him..hes a grown man...set the record straight NOW or he will expect you to do this FOREVER!!!!

We actually do have separate beds which I find quite weird! I never thought at the age of 26 that my bf and I would sleep in different beds. We have an arrangement happening where he has his comfy new double mattress and I have a single mattress on the floor. He expects me to make his bed which I resent a bit I must say when I have to make it and then make my own small single mattress...
    The thing is we're not financially equal, I don't pay rent at the moment because I've moved here from overseas and I'm looking for full time work (which im looking forward to to get me out of the house and meeting people).
    lol wtf
    that is not quite a relationship....its more like your his maid/play thing who lives on a cot on the floor...
  • Amanda_Rae_Rae
    Options

Men. Are. Awesome.

Men. Are. Awesome.

/endrant

this post plus your default pic make me think you seriously want a man in your life.
    ^Agreed lol
  • callmeBAM
    callmeBAM Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    What is this thread were:
    Are most BLACK people like this?
    Are most GAYS like this?
    Are most ______ like this?

The commenters probably would not be so cavalier in their negative generalizations.
  • sandiki
    sandiki Posts: 454
    Options
    oh hell no! He sounds like a as$.. but if you started this trend before you two lived together then you are the as$. jus saying.. I see it all the time where women are all betty crocker until they get their hooks in then they cry later when the guy expects it. Not saying this is your case.. just making a statement that most wont say. Not going to sugar coat it..ya know.

Now if he was not this way and you were never this way then I say speak up and let him know your opinion.. if he dont like it well it will never work. I dont tip toe around ones feelings so if this offends .. well you asked for opinions.
  • Mercenary1914
    Mercenary1914 Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    I don't pay rent at the moment because I've moved here from overseas and I'm looking for full time work (which im looking forward to to get me out of the house and meeting people).
    lol wtf

you realise this, combined with everything youve said, makes it sound as though he bought you online right?

either that or you dont realise that the only thing crappy here is that he doesnt sleep next to you and live-in girlfriends with no job are considered housewives. If you dont have a job and he is paying for your living expenses, you better happily clean his dishes and make his bed. The man is supporting you. Say thank you.

AMEN!
  • littlepinkhearts
    littlepinkhearts Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options

stop babying him..hes a grown man...set the record straight NOW or he will expect you to do this FOREVER!!!!

We actually do have separate beds which I find quite weird! I never thought at the age of 26 that my bf and I would sleep in different beds. We have an arrangement happening where he has his comfy new double mattress and I have a single mattress on the floor. He expects me to make his bed which I resent a bit I must say when I have to make it and then make my own small single mattress...
    The thing is we're not financially equal, I don't pay rent at the moment because I've moved here from overseas and I'm looking for full time work (which im looking forward to to get me out of the house and meeting people).

you're sleeping on the floor?? wth?? i'm outta here.....
  • Cindym82
    Cindym82 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    I've recently moved in with my boyfriend and I'm just wondering if I'm being taken advantage of or if all guys are like this?

My boyfriend NEVER washes up his dishes which really annoys me because he has friend eggs and bacon every morning for breakfast. I just think he could at least clean his pans and plates and cups once as a sign of respect rather than leaving than for me. I also have cereal every morning which he knows that I don't use a pan...I just have one bowl.

He also just expects I'm going to make his dinner every night which is a pain for me because I'm a vegetarian and he's not so I have to make separate meals. He often doesn't finish until late so I have to make sure his meal is ready and hot by the time he gets home. I hate to sound like I'm ranting and being selfish but it's getting to the point where I don't want to do it anymore and I resent him for it sometimes. It's things too like making his bed which he just expects I'll do every morning and then it's funny because sometimes I'll leave a couple of crumbs on his couch and he'll say 'You can't eat breakfast on the couch, it has to be at the table...you're too messy' and then I'll look in the sink and there's a bazillion plates and cups there again :I

I'm just wondering if it's me being picky or if there really is a problem here?

My boyfriend did this when we first moved in because his mother allowed this **** when he lived at home. He learned real quick when I refused to do it and would leave him stuff where ever he left it for about a week. He now washs the pots and puts his stuff in the dish washer, its also his job to take out the trash and he does the laundry. I clean the house and cook pretty much every night so I expect him to clean up, I'm not a maid. So just make sure to stand your ground and let him know that it is your home too and if he wants to treat you like a maid it better come with a pay check. I don't resent him for the crap, I resent his mother for allowing a grown man to do it. Only thing he still does that drives me crazy is he doesn't push in the chair at the dining room table when he's done. lol
  • sktllmdrhmz
    sktllmdrhmz Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options

So, how "not financially equal" are you? If you don't have a job you're set up for that 1950s dynamic. Why shouldn't you be doing the dishes, etc.?
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you're not happy. Maybe you let him treat you this way because you feel like you are beholden to him for keeping a roof over your head while you look for work. This is not a good situation. I hope you can get work and get out ASAP. It doesn't sound like it's headed in the right direction. Sleeping on the floor? Come on. My husband and I shared a twin bed for awhile. Not a lot of room, but you make it work if you care for your partner. There's plenty of room in your boyfriend's double bed. You don't even sleep in it and he expects you to make it? What a creep.
  • Sockimobi
    Sockimobi Posts: 541
    Options
    What is this thread were:
    Are all BLACK people like this?
    Are all GAYS like this?
    Are all ______ like this?

The commenters probably would not be so cavalier in their negative generalizations.

The OP's topic does say "Are most men...."
  • Cindym82
    Cindym82 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options

you're sleeping on the floor?? wth?? i'm outta here.....

JUST read this, wtf? Does he think you're a mail order bride??? I wouldn't allow this one bit, no offense
  • sktllmdrhmz
    sktllmdrhmz Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    I don't pay rent at the moment because I've moved here from overseas and I'm looking for full time work (which im looking forward to to get me out of the house and meeting people).
    lol wtf

you realise this, combined with everything youve said, makes it sound as though he bought you online right?

either that or you dont realise that the only thing crappy here is that he doesnt sleep next to you and live-in girlfriends with no job are considered housewives. If you dont have a job and he is paying for your living expenses, you better happily clean his dishes and make his bed. The man is supporting you. Say thank you.

Just saw your post. Could not have and didn't say it better myself.
  • greasygriddle_wechnage
    greasygriddle_wechnage Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    when did you turn from his girlfriend into his mother? :noway:
  • GrnEydGrl86
    GrnEydGrl86 Posts: 154
    Options

Men. Are. Awesome.

Men. Are. Awesome.

/endrant

this post plus your default pic make me think you seriously want a man in your life.

LOL!!!! My thoughts exactly!!!!
This discussion has been closed.