Faking Stats? I wonder....

Options

Replies

• schroeder4
    schroeder4 Posts: 14
    Options
    yeah, i was wondering that same thing. do people really log EVERYTHING or do they skip some food items? hmm..
  • ednabnana
    ednabnana Posts: 304
    Options
    Faking your own stats means you are cheating yourself & not the MFP community.

P.S. My weight was 115lbs when I joined the site, but I raised it to 120 to 130...this was before I learned that I could change the numbers manually. I did not know how to change the carbs:protein:fat ratio so I thought that by increasing my weight it would increase the numbers as well. LMAO!

Anyways, when Sherrib (a MFP friend) taught me how to do it right, I changed it right back to the normal weight...Well imagine what my newsfeed said? I lost 15 lbs in a span of 2 weeks!! LOL. However, I let every one know what happened before anyone could comment :)
  • Emancipated_Tai
    Emancipated_Tai Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    YES!!! I say this because before I got my HRM I would record off of what the machine or MFP said the burn would be.. we all know those numbers are wrong!!! I was recording like +1000 calories in a session. NOW that I can accurately record them its more so around 600-700 calories. I was thinking people thought I was lying & I really wasn’t. The info I had available was just inaccurate.

But I do wonder how some people burn 400 doing 20 minutes on the Wii.. how is that possible!
  • SpydrMnky27
    SpydrMnky27 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Never thought about it but I'm sure people do.
  • SandyAnnP
    SandyAnnP Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Don't see the point of being on here if you aren't going to be honest about your exercise and food intake.
    As many have said the only person you are cheating is yourself- why try and impress others by being dishonest?? You are only getting praise that you haven't earned and don't deserve anyway. :(
    I am slowly getting where I hope to be eventually, have over eaten a few times BUT I log everything I eat even if it looks bad calorie wise. so all I can offer as advice is ...
    "TO THINE OWN SELF BE TRUE"
    --and don't worry about the others, it is their choice whether they want to do the right thing.
  • FitnSassy
    FitnSassy Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Who cares?
  • JamesonsMommy
    JamesonsMommy Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    I wonder sometimes.. I just get annoyed at the people who log EVERYTHING!!.. Walked to the bathroom.. Better log it.. Picked up my kid.. better log it... Just sooooo annoying!!!
  • FitnSassy
    FitnSassy Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I don't pay enough attention to anyone else to care if they are faking. I'm completely self-absorbed.

Ditto.

Double Ditto!
  • ryansgram
    ryansgram Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    yes I think some do. And you know what...it doesn't really matter, all they are doing is hurting themselves.

someone elses fake number doesn't hurt me, or you, and if we offer them a congratulations or a way to go, they know it's hollow....deep down inside they know they don't deserve it.

So fakers? Yup....worried about it? nope....
    Well said!
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    I not only fake my stats, but my whole background. It's boring down here in my parents' basement.
  • HipsBreastsandMore
    HipsBreastsandMore Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I not only fake my stats, but my whole background. It's boring down here in my parents' basement.

Sounds like you need to have fun in a gym. HA! I'm just kidding.

Yeah there are a lot of people on MFP that are desperate for attention so they fake their burns and weight loss but in the end, guess whose still fat. Them and not us.

SMH..Oh and I can't stand people on MFP who are expecting to loose weight with the drop of a magic sprinkle. Shut up and wait! It takes months, not 2 weeks dimwit!
  • TxAlpha
    TxAlpha Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    There are attention *kitten* in every part of life......this is no different....
  • jodycoady
    jodycoady Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    Fakers gonna fake.
  • katewillbethinx2
    Options
    Liar, Liar, Pants on Fire
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    Oh wow. I never thought of that, surprisingly.
    I'm going to continue to operate under the assumption that people are being honest until proven otherwise though.
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    I don't worry about what others do-I focus on myself
  • Angelabec
    Angelabec Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Absolutely I do! That should totally say 1.17, not 117, but what's a decimal point between friends? :wink:
  • shobelitz
    shobelitz Posts: 34
    Options
    it's a bit a obvious that i don't (look at how much i lost.. lol), but i guess we can't really stop them from faking it. :/ but then again, we're here to motivate and not to talk bad things about people faking it or not.. ^^
  • mommy2AR
    mommy2AR Posts: 2,802 Member
    Options
    Oh wow. I never thought of that, surprisingly.
    I'm going to continue to operate under the assumption that people are being honest until proven otherwise though.

I think thats a good way to be
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    Yep, there was this fake a** b**** on my friend's list one time and she claimed to have exercised eight hours a day burning from anywhere between 4,000-6,000 calories a day and was dropping 12-15 lbs every week, with net calories in the negative few thousands daily.

She said she'd show progress pictures at 100 lbs lost, then the week she 'lost' 100 lbs, she deleted all of her friends, and changed her username. I found her, but felt such pity for her that I didn't even bother with it.

What a sad, pitiful human being.