Crust:
    1/2 cup pecans
    1/4 cup almonds
    1/4 cup shredded coconut unsweetened
    1 tablespoon cacao or carob powder
    1 tsp vanilla extract
    2 dates
    1 tablespoon agave

Put everything except for agave in a food processor and blend until everything is mixed well.
    Add agave, blend until it turns into a sticky paste.
    Press the paste onto the bottom of a springform pan.

Filling:
    2 cups blueberries. If frozen make sure it's at room tem.
    1 cup cashews, ground
    7 tablespoon melted coconut oil
    1/4 cup agave
    1 tablespoon lemon juice

Blend everything. Pour onto the crust. Chill or freeze until the filling is hard.

Just added you, replacing the bad eggs with the awesome ones :flowerforyou:
    Thank you! Must try! :drinker:

Indeed. Recipe saved. I may try this sometime, even though I'm not a huge fan of coconut. :)
  • MadeInHeaven83
    Options
    You can be on this site no matter HOW much you weigh! This site is for EVERYONE and it's about getting healthy and maintaining a healthy lifestyle, not just losing weight. You're right not to let anyone tell you otherwise!
  • Epicmum54
    Epicmum54 Posts: 26
    Options
    Bump
  • McGruber03
    McGruber03 Posts: 113
    Options
    People love to give their opinions, wanted and unwanted. I keep my friends list small...about 3 people from work who are trying to be healthy together, and then my mom and my sister. Just don't add people or keep dropping the know it alls. Being healthy is not attention seeking, good for you for dropping them. I keep my diary closed too. Sorry you came in contact with some wackadoos!:happy:
  • zombiefarmboy
    zombiefarmboy Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    That sounds really crappy. I hate haters!
  • cmurray234
    cmurray234 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    People can be so damned rude. UGH.

DUMP 'EM!
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    I used to get comments about supposedly being anorexic on another site. Nothing could be further from the case.

Unfortunately, some overweight people have completely lost grasp of what normal weight ranges are. I read an article saying that fact alone may be one cause of obesity. Other people insist on championing weight loss theories that have been seriously challenged or debunked. On occasion, I see advice given here that is almost certainly going to result in weight gain, not loss. They don't understand that formulae depend on certain assumptions and not everyone meets them. If you aren't similar to the members of the designated group or an outlier, the "science" won't be valid for you. You have to exercise independent judgment.

As I said in another comment, no one can judge the appropriateness of someone else's weight goals or fitness program unless they know, AT MINIMUM:

Height
    Sex
    Body Fat Percentage
    Weight History
    Health History
    Goal (E.g., whether they want to be a body builder, or merely develop more strength and look good).

There are people here who are very knowledgeable (more knowledgeable than I; I read articles and summaries; they read the actual studies). They are supportive. Tune the others out.
  • Sublog
    Sublog Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    mmm cheesecake... I'd eat cheese cake for breakfast...

Will you marry me? :)
  • wattleneurotic
    Options
    There's always some bad apples :( I'm sorry you experienced such negativity here.

And thank you very much for the recipe, it sounds wonderful. I will definitely be trying it!
  • stuiterbal
    stuiterbal Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am so gonna make this cheesecake! Sounds delicious. Can someone tell me what 'dates' are, in this recipe I mean?

Edit: found it! Thanks (English is not my first language...)
  • Katie3784
    Katie3784 Posts: 543
    Options
    They sound like bitter jerks who are jealous that you aren't fat.
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    You can be on this site no matter HOW much you weigh! This site is for EVERYONE and it's about getting healthy and maintaining a healthy lifestyle, not just losing weight. You're right not to let anyone tell you otherwise!

Right, notice it says my FITNESS pal. That's a very encompassing term. This site has everything from ultra-runners to bodybuilders. From the super light, to the morbidly obesee trying to get thinner. This sight has tools for all of those people. To me you don't have to justify your reasons for being here to anyone. However, that doesn't mean I won't feel free to give you some suggestions if I think I can help.
  • SuperSneaky
    SuperSneaky Posts: 43
    Options
    I love raw food! I'd seriously make nutty raw food recipes every meal if I could afford that many nuts, hehe.

When are people going to learn this is not *just* a weight loss site? When I get to where I want to be weight-wise, I plan on keeping my food diary so I can stay accountable and develop even healthier habits. Right now I'm more about staying at around my calorie goal, but eventually I'd like to go totally raw vegan. ;)
  • StarvingDiva
    StarvingDiva Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    This post made me thankful that so far I have no ****heads for friends on MFP.

I choose to share my diary because it's all a learning process, somedays I'm going to eat something that isn't a vegetable and it's not going to kill me.

Well the good news is when they are jerks to you at least you have an easy way to weed them out.
  • mfpcopine
    Options

Exactly. Because even if you are at your goal weight, maintaining a healthy lifestyle can be a challenge. People who've managed to lose a lot of weight -- and in no way do I underestimate the difficulty -- usually think that the maintenance phase is the hardest.
  • TXBelle1174
    TXBelle1174 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    I am sorry that you got a hold of a few "bad" friends. Its nice you see that you didnt just walk away from MFP all together. Keep up the good work. Thanks for posting the recipe! It sounds amazing. I am going to make it AND I am going to eat it for breakfast!! :) Good luck!
  • mfpcopine
    Options
    This post made me thankful that so far I have no ****heads for friends on MFP.

My friends on MFP have been supportive as well. I don't open my diary, but I have responded to topics requesting sample meals and snacks.
  • pascale485
    pascale485 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    can I have your cheesecake recipe??

If you want to add me as a friend! I don't judge people and I expect to not being judged either!
  • robinhardysmall
    robinhardysmall Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Come here for those who support you and delete the rest~ we can't just ignore the things we love in life forever. Obviuosly some don't realize this is a life journey not a short sprint~

Keep up the great work and ignore the idiots!
  • TaniaW74
    TaniaW74 Posts: 27
    Options
    That recipe sounds great I'll have to try it out. Sorry you met a few less than helpful people to start with but hopefully your new MFP friends will more than make up for it :flowerforyou: