men suck

Options
12345679»

Replies

• sullykat
    sullykat Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I'm not going to thank a man for doing the things human beings should do.

I WILL thank my husband for working his tail off for 9 days away on a regular rotation, and only being able to spend time at home for 5 days. He provides for me, and gives up a lot for me, all so that I can go back to school. I love him immensely for that.

I WILL thank my husband for putting up with my cat who I love just about as much as him, even though he has trouble breathing when he IS home.

I WILL thank my husband for always trying, even if he fails (which he does often, lol)

I WILL thank my husband for having the will power he has developed, and for praying every single day, and just making it through, one day at a time.

I WILL thank my husband for cleaning up after me, even when he is pissy about it

I WILL thank my husband for how much he loves my family, and treats them as though they are gold.

I'm curious as to why when your hubby clearly loved you enough to marry you and not ask you to get rid of your cat that he is allergic to, that you didn't love him enough to say - I'll put the cat outside when he's home or find it a new home. Just curious. I too love cats (I have several) but chose to put my hubby over them - and they stay outside (or in shed) and come in only rarely. I could never love an animal more than the man who "cleans up after me even when I'm pissy, and treats me and the family like gold". And yes, my hubby does all that and more, too. All the MORE reason to put him above the cat! :wink:

Why? because he bought me the cat, knowing he had allergies. I can't put my cat in a shed for 5 days. Her dander is around our house regardless of whether she is inside or out. I am all by myself for 9 days consistently, and he loves me enough to realize that having a pet keeps me from missing him too much.
    If my reasons dissatisfy you, I'll let my husband know he should have really married someone who would love him more than I clearly do and put the cat outside for 5 days as a sign of gratitude for him loving me enough to marry me.
  • SexyCook
    SexyCook Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    I LIKE!!!!:happy:
  • THayesTeamNoXQS
    THayesTeamNoXQS Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    WHY THANK YOU!!
  • vade43113
    vade43113 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    another love bump!! hoping more men will see this thread and feel the happy!!

There is more ladies on MFP than guys...
  • Twilightsunflower
    Twilightsunflower Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    so there is no reason all the men cant feel the love...if they are fewer in numbers :)
  • sktllmdrhmz
    sktllmdrhmz Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    Yep, men can be awesome! My husband raised 5 kids that weren't his.

lol. modern cuckoldry.

Yep. I lol'd.
  • katmix
    katmix Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • sullykat
    sullykat Posts: 461 Member
    Options

Just re-read the part where he is often a failure (although he keeps trying). Wow...your hubby sounds like a *lucky* guy. :wink:

He is, and I'm a lucky girl. Thank you :smile:
  • stayxtrue87
    Options
    here is why according to me...

-they smell good without needing to put anything on
    -their clothes are way more comfy and still look good
    -they can reach things on the top shelf without having to stand on a chair
    -they snore and its ok
    -they can touch themselves in public and its acceptable
    -they hold doors open
    -they will let you eat the cherry off their ice cream even if they want it

need i go on???

wait oh no this is why men are awesome... sorry for the error in my title....

oh while i have your attention for a moment
    -fathers who give up sleep,
    - who miss work to go to appointments.
    -fathers who do everything they can to make their child life better then theirs.
    -fathers who sleep sitting up because that is the only way their little one can sleep cause of a cold or ear infection.
    -men who do the right thing when that second line comes up pink (and no that is not always solved with a ring on the finger)
    -fathers who never hit and do their best to not yell
    -dads who will spend hours working to come home and play for hours passing up beers and games for tea parties and catch
    -who do these things and so much more
    fathers and dads and men like you are awesome!!

dead beat dads who flake and disappoint get way to much time spent on them... while real men who step up and never out are left out in the cold... i think it is time for this to change!!

I cant reach anything -__-
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options

I doubt I'm much taller than you (I'm 5'7), but since I tend to date women who are shorter than I am...I still get to be the hero for reaching the middle shelf =p.
  • Nataliaho
    Nataliaho Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    This morning my husband jumped on the scales and foudn that he had 'accidentally' lost 8lb since Monday despite alegedly trying to bulk... he sucks
  • stayxtrue87
    Options

I doubt I'm much taller than you (I'm 5'7), but since I tend to date women who are shorter than I am...I still get to be the hero for reaching the middle shelf =p.

Oh I am much shorter haha! I am 5"4 hahaha!!!
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options

So find a girl who is 4'11"...and you too can be a hero, reaching the bottom shelf!
  • stayxtrue87
    Options

So find a girl who is 4'11"...and you too can be a hero, reaching the bottom shelf!

hahaha! for some reason around here all the short girls seem to be taken by the 6 foot giants! I am always finding myself with girls slightly taller than me!! hahaha!!