ChaLeaners Go Heavy or Go Home!

Options

Replies

• purple120
    purple120 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Alf - Great back and arm muscles. This is an inspiration for those just starting the program. No I didn't go to San Antonio :sad: . I went to Dallas on a conference, but I'm back today and doing Lean 3. So how is your P90X training going? Give me the 411, it's interesting to hear people start a new program. It's got me motivated, and I want to give P90X another run.

Ok I'm thinking of doing my hybrid workout instead of Lean for Life. My hybird would include three strength training days in which I would either do 90X or Chalean X. One rest day, three calorie burn workouts which could be turbo jam, running, Kenpo X or whatever I can get at the gym. What do you think, should I do this or just Lean for Life?

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, where is everybody? Lets hear from you how's the workout going or not going. I wasn't able to do my workouts like I wanted to, I gave in to hanging out with co-workers. I did go to the gym twice but didn't have that great of a workout. But I'm home today, I never thought I was such a routine follower, but I am, I hate to admit that.

Let's all have a great workout.:flowerforyou:
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    I'm here, just back to my 12-hour shifts so I haven't been coming here too much. My thoughts tend to slow down on little sleep, hehe.

The workouts have been good this week; I'm done modifying for the most part. I had a rest day on Tuesday, got through Burn 2 on Wednesday, then Burn Intervals/ Ab Burner yesterday. And I'll be doing Burn 3 in a few minutes (late morning).

Anyway, I'd better get to it.
  • fitzfour
    fitzfour Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I lost track of the thread and forgot to go find it! Glad it's re-surfaced. I'm finishing my last day of the Lean Circuit, and I've decided to take a break from CE. I love the program, just need a change of instructor! I'm surprised I made it the full 90 days, I tend to want to switch it up a lot!

I'm planning to do 3 days per week of strength training and the other 3 cardio. I have probably over 30DVD's, half of which have strength training segments on them, so I'm just going to switch it up and do some of those for awhile. I'm sure I'll eventually start another round of CE, but for now, I'm taking a break.

How is CE going for all of you?
  • purple120
    Options
    Fitz - I'm almost done with CE, but I'm like you dying for a change. I think that's part of the slacking. I can make so many excuses) :laugh: So hybirds here I come.

Ghanie - You've always been such a hard worker, even when you were doing P90X you really pushed it. You are so dedicated.
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Hi!! It seems we have lost a lot of people in this thread. Glad to hear from you gals!

I do want to say that I did like CE. I think it helped me to break out of my plateau and getting stronger and leaner. I also get bored after a while and need a change. I was dedicated to the program, especially after paying $120, so I was able to complete it. I feel the same way with P90X. I like it so far but to tell you the truth I don't feel it is as hard as some people said it was. Definitely they both use different tecniques. CE focuses on slower lifting and also a combination of upper and lower body moves. P90X is more repetitive, faster lifting, using some old school tecniques. It can be challenging at times especially when I come across some new moves. And pullups, that is challenging for me. I do like the program, don't get me wrong. I also like Tony, he is funny and encouraging. This was basically my trial week to get familiarized with this new approach and the exercises. I know next week I will work much harder than this week. I will do the program for 90 days as recommended. I am going to have to include some running in the mix since I registered for a half marathon in Nov.

Purple and fitz - congrats on almost being done! :drinker: I hope you've had good results. I think your next plan sounds great to continue stimulating your bodies with new workouts. If you can give lean for life a try for at least a couple of weeks. I did enjoy it because you do one video from each phase a week and she changes up the order so you are not really doing the same strength workout for 30 days. In between the strength trng you can mix up the cardio that you would like instead of doing burn intervals or burn it off. It is up to you but I do recommend lean for life. I did it for 30 days before starting P90X. I felt I was able to maintain my strength and definitely my weight.

Have a great weekend!! :flowerforyou:
  • spiralgirl71
    spiralgirl71 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I just started CE today with Burn1. I loved it!
  • alf1163
    Options
    I just started CE today with Burn1. I loved it!

CONGRATS!! :drinker: :drinker: You will love this program. We are here to help if you have any questions. :flowerforyou:
  • fitzfour
    Options
    I finished up Lean #3 last night, and it felt good to hit the 90 day mark! I am excited to have made it through the full 90 days...not something easy for me to do! I took before and after measurements and everything stayed the same, but my hips are down an inch. I didn't lose any weight during the program, but I didn't expect to really either. Definitely helped me get stronger, that's for sure! I'll be excited to see what round 2 brings!
  • alf1163
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS FITZFOUR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • purple120
    Options
    Alf - You're right I will do the lean for life (it's like a hybird itself:laugh: ). I love both P90X and Chalean, I've gained muscle, have lost some inches but havent lost weight. This has been my poor choices because of my eating habits. I need to step it up, I know what to do I just don't know why I dont keep up with my healthy eating habits. I tell my husband I'm having an affair and it's with food. I will keep up this fight and someday I will win. :wink:

I hope everyone has a great workoutl
  • purple120
    Options
    Today is Burn Circuit 2 and either a run or turbo jam, depending how I feel. I should've gotten up early this morning, but because I can do these workouts in about an hour I thought I could do them tonight. I'll try to get up early on Wednesday to do my next weight training. My eating wasnt good this morning, but I have healthy food for my snacks and lunch so the rest of the day should be healthy eating.

I hope everyone has a great workout. :wink:
  • alf1163
    Options
    Where is everyone? Purple, are you the only one doing CE? I dont want you to feel lonely. P90X is going well. Started wk 2 yesterday. :drinker: I did not do plyo today because I opted for a 4.5 mile run with my husband. I might do it tonight or tomorrow after shoulders/arms and arx. That might be pushing it though and I dont have that much time. Take care!!! :flowerforyou:
  • fitzfour
    Options
    Where is everyone? Purple, are you the only one doing CE? I dont want you to feel lonely. P90X is going well. Started wk 2 yesterday. :drinker: I did not do plyo today because I opted for a 4.5 mile run with my husband. I might do it tonight or tomorrow after shoulders/arms and arx. That might be pushing it though and I dont have that much time. Take care!!! :flowerforyou:

How are you liking P90X?
  • alf1163
    Options
    Hi Fitz, how are you? How is your hybrid program going? I like P90X but I truly think it is overrated. I like the change in workouts from CE but I really dont like the longer workouts. I really have to organize my schedule to fit them in. The yoga workout is 90 minutes. :noway: I think he could have made an effective 1 hr workout instead. Some of the moves are very old school but others are new. The challenges for me are the pull ups. So that is one area to focus and challenge myself. Also all the pushup variations they do as well as some yoga moves. Are you going for it? :flowerforyou:
  • chickylet
    Options
    :tongue: I am just starting Chalean Extreme. I'm not really sure how to do it though. I finished P90X a few weeks ago, tried to start CE a few days after but I injured myself so yesterday was my first workout in about a week and a half. P90X was laid out for you as to what workout you are supposed to do. How does CE work? Yesterday I did the Burn Curcuit 1 plus the Burn it Off workout. How often do I do these workouts? Please help.
  • fitzfour
    Options
    :tongue: I am just starting Chalean Extreme. I'm not really sure how to do it though. I finished P90X a few weeks ago, tried to start CE a few days after but I injured myself so yesterday was my first workout in about a week and a half. P90X was laid out for you as to what workout you are supposed to do. How does CE work? Yesterday I did the Burn Curcuit 1 plus the Burn it Off workout. How often do I do these workouts? Please help.

Sounds like you are missing the calendar that comes with the set. Here's how it works:

Burn 1
    Rest
    Burn 2
    Burn Intervals and Ab Burner
    Burn 3
    Burn it off and Recharge
    Rest

Repeat this for 4 weeks. Then move on to Push and finally Lean. Just replace Burn with Push for 4 weeks and then with Lean for 4 weeks.
  • chickylet
    Options

Sounds like you are missing the calendar that comes with the set. Here's how it works:

Burn 1
    Rest
    Burn 2
    Burn Intervals and Ab Burner
    Burn 3
    Burn it off and Recharge
    Rest

Repeat this for 4 weeks. Then move on to Push and finally Lean. Just replace Burn with Push for 4 weeks and then with Lean for 4 weeks.

Thank you. I got my copy off ebay but the calender wasn't with it. Does this workout work? It seems so easy after doing P90X.
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    Thank you. I got my copy off ebay but the calender wasn't with it. Does this workout work? It seems so easy after doing P90X.

I'm kinda with you there with it feeling easy. I enjoy the strength workouts but I started to do some swapping on the cardio, interval, and extra rest day for other workouts ... I plan to do the standard schedule for recovery. :flowerforyou:
  • purple120
    Options
    Good morning to all.

I also did P90X and agree it is too long. If you want to add an extra calorie burn workout you really have to organize your schedule to fit both workouts.

Yesterday I did Burn 1 and 20 minute turbo jam. I didn't do as well as I thought I would do. I thought I would be able to lift more than I did. Today is my rest day, but I'm doing a run instead. I'm going to wean myself away from flour and sugar. My goal this week is to try to have only one serving of flour and no sugar. Wish me luck.

I hope everyone has a great workout:wink:
  • fitzfour
    Options
    Hi Fitz, how are you? How is your hybrid program going? I like P90X but I truly think it is overrated. I like the change in workouts from CE but I really dont like the longer workouts. I really have to organize my schedule to fit them in. The yoga workout is 90 minutes. :noway: I think he could have made an effective 1 hr workout instead. Some of the moves are very old school but others are new. The challenges for me are the pull ups. So that is one area to focus and challenge myself. Also all the pushup variations they do as well as some yoga moves. Are you going for it? :flowerforyou:

I haven't decided if I'm going to do P90X or not. I am having a hard time with the 1 hour workouts, as right now I like doing 1/2 hour strength and 1/2 hour-45 minutes of cardio. I don't like to have a day of just strength and no cardio, and I can't fit both in if the strength is an hour long.