ChaLeaners Go Heavy or Go Home!

Options

Replies

• spiralgirl71
    spiralgirl71 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I just started CE today with Burn1. I loved it!

CONGRATS!! :drinker: :drinker: You will love this program. We are here to help if you have any questions. :flowerforyou:

Thank you!! I didn't rest on Day 2. I did a great deal of cardio. Was fine after Burn 2. Yesterday was Intervals and Ab Burner and my legs were on fire!! I am resting today since I've worked out the last 6 days now. I will return to the schedule tomorrow.

I am still playing with the weights. I started very light on Burn 1 so I never failed at all. Was better with Burn 2 and have a pretty good idea what to start with for Burn 3.
  • purple120
    purple120 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Good morning,

I finally decided I'm going to continue to do another round of Chalean once I'm done with Lean for Life phase because I'm gong to start training for a 10K and Chalean works well with the extra training. Today is Push 1 along with turbo jam, rest from running.

For anyone getting bored with the program try incorporating a new workout goal, maybe just use the strength training routines, but do something else for the calorie burn.

Yesterday I did good no sugar or white flour, but a lot of products have hidden sugar and flour.:grumble: For now I'm just sticking with the obvious no sugar or flour, small baby steps.:wink:

I rented the movie Seven Pounds yesterday everyone I know loved that movie and I had never seen before, but the movie was scratched up and it kept freezing. :grumble: Made me so angry. From what I could see it was a great movie maybe I'll buy it some day.

I hope everyone has a great workout.:flowerforyou:
  • fitzfour
    fitzfour Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone! I'm taking a break from CE for a month, but will be back at it again in October! I just needed to switch up my strength training for a month and try some others. I think it will be a good break and make me push harder my next round of CE.

I have realized in the almost week I've been away from CE now, that I have more energy. I'm not sure why that is, but when I was doing CE I was exhausted all day long. I had upped my cals, carbs, protein, everything and still was fatigued all day on my lifting days. So, when I hit it again, I'll have to play around more with those factors to see if I can get to a level where I'm not exhausted. As a result, it was very difficult for me to do cario and weights in the same day. Now that I can do both, I've seen the scale starting to move again. We'll see what the next 3-4 weeks bring!

Hope you are all doing well and hitting those workouts hard!
  • purple120
    Options
    Fitz - You have to do what is right for you. Keep in touch, and whenever you decide to come back to Chalean we will be here wating for you. :flowerforyou:
  • fitzfour
    fitzfour Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Fitz - You have to do what is right for you. Keep in touch, and whenever you decide to come back to Chalean we will be here wating for you. :flowerforyou:

Thanks! I will be back...soon! Just need a little break!
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Good luck Fitz!!

Purple, good job eating well!! And trng for a 10K? Wonderful!! Maybe we can run together next time you are in SA. I think I am going to do a second round of CE after the Holidays. I miss it. I do like P90X and I think I will have nice results when I am done, I barely started. I do not enjoy the long workouts...yoga 92 minutes??? :noway: Give me a break! :laugh: Had to get up at 4:45am to do it before going to work. I should be finished with P90X in Nov and planning on doing some sort of hybrid over the Holidays. I usually gain a few lbs over the Holidays but I am determined to break this cycle this year. Wish me luck!!

Take care ladies!! :flowerforyou:
  • purple120
    Options
    Yesterday was Push 2, so glad that Chalean keeps reminding me to watch my stomach muscles and my posture. Things I forget when I'm trying to go heavy, so I do appreciate the pointers. I also did cardio mix right after. I should have broken up the two workouts, because cardio mix is about 43 minutes long, but getting up early is hard for me.:grumble: I ate good yesterday no sugar or white flour.

Today is a break from strength training, but I have a run and I'll probably do ab jam, I love this ab workout.

Alf - I could never do Yoga X in the morning there is no way in .... I could get up that early. How is your half marathon training going, I think a little of JESSMOMOF3 has rubbed off on you. Maybe some of that will rub off on me. :laugh: I also love the holidays and dont feel gulity of the few pounds, my favorite is Thanksgiving turkey. Boy my mouth is watering as I type this, yeah it's close to lunch time.

• purple120
    Options
    I dont know if anyone would know this here but I thought I would ask. What is better multi grain or wheat bread (I'm using the Wasa crispbread)? Also is it better to run outside or on the treadmill? I use the treadmill alot, because sometimes natures calls, and I might be to far away to answer. I want to be close to where I can just answer that call as soon as it comes in. :laugh:
  • alf1163
    Options
    How is everyone doing?? :drinker: :drinker:

Purple, it all depends on the ingredients. I not only look at the nutrition label but I look ingredients. For wheat to be healthy has to 100% whole wheat, grain, 100% whole grain, check that it does not have a lot of sodium per svg, that it is low in sugar, what type of sugar they add, etc etc. Oh and fat, make sure it doesnt have saturated fats. Well, at least those are the ingredients I monitor the most. Oh, also fiber.

IMO I think is is better to run outdoors. It is more challenging and less boring. Try not to drink lots of water before you head out but make sure you are well hydrated throughout the day. It is really hot in Tx now. I've had my moments I've been tempted to hide behind the tree...:laugh: :noway: To be honest with you my half marathon trng is not going so well. I should really be running more often during the week but I do not time now with P90X. I shouldnt have started it yet. I know I could stop it but I dont want to do that. I am not really worried about the half marathon because I know I can complete it since I am jogging it with my husband. He jogs at a very slow pace. He is not trng correctly either. He thinks that is it enough to jog/walk once a week, usually on Saturdays. :noway: We do about 11 miles every Sat, 2 miles short of the half. If I was running it by myself I would be trng much harder. He decided to sign up with me so I want to support him and go at his pace.

Take care!! :flowerforyou:
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, I'm pleased to say that my funk is gone. I ramped up the intensity this week and just got through my second Plyometric workout (in place of the extra rest day and Burn it Off). I also did this ballet conditioning workout in lieu of Burn Intervals.

In any case, it kicked me back into gear and I'm feeling much better than last week. I have one more week of Burn, and then I'll try out the CE schedule for the first week of Push before driving the intensity back up.

Anyway, time for breakfast!
  • purple120
    Options
    I was out sick, last week, (stomach virus) couldn't hold down anything. :sick: Finally felt good yesterday and started Lean for Life again today doing Burn 1, and I'll do some running tonite. I did lose a lot of water weight :laugh:, but know I'll gain right back. :ohwell:

• alf1163
    Options
    Purple - glad to hear that you are doing better!!!

Ghanie - Way to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You will like push, prepare to lift very sssssssssssllllllllllooooowwwww! Nothing like P90X. Sometimes I feel P90X is way too fast for me. I am getting used to it now but after lifting slow with CE the X was too fast for me. I felt I was not really using my muscles but just momentum.

Take care! :flowerforyou:
  • purple120
    Options
    Rest day today, but I'm going to do cardio party and Ab Ripper X. Still lovin Chalean and glad I decided to do another round. I could add so many other variations to the workout. :smile:

I hope you have a great workout:tongue:
  • chickylet
    Options
    I'm in the second week of CE Burn. I really like the workouts. I find that just the burn circuits aren't enough so I do the Burn it off workout after the burn circuits and the other nights I am doing the burn intervals with the ab workouts. P90X is a very different workout, much faster, but I am going to start lifting heavier to keep my arms and shoulders sculpted.
  • purple120
    Options
    Did Push 2 this morning, and I felt great. I'm running right after work. Once I start building up my running miles I will only do CE and ab workout three times a week, and the rest of the days I will run. I hope everyone has a great workout.:tongue:
  • nursegirl79
    nursegirl79 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Some of the girls in my turbo kick class wants to start a 90 day challenge. I think I'm going to start at the beginning again with new measurement and everything. I finished week 1 of push then missed the second week. I think it will be a good challenge. My goal is to not miss any of the weight lifting workouts or ab work. I'm not gonna do the intervals or burn it off because I do Turbo kick, kickboxing, or jog on the other days.

I'll post pics along the way!!:happy:

Keep pushin everyone!!
  • bluekb1994
    bluekb1994 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Checking in- I started the Lean Phase yesterday and boy do my arms and shoulders feel it! But I am feeling great! I am down 21 lbs since I started tracking my goal in April and I can actually see muscle defilement in my upper body. People are starting to notice too and I am down a pant size! That has led to SHOPPING which is now some what fun! :happy:

Any way keep going people there is light at the end of the tunnel! You CAN do it!!

Leanna
  • purple120
    Options
    WOW, not many people posting. I'm still doing CE, I'm on Lean for Life Phase, doing Push 3 today along with ARX. In between my strength training days I've been running, but my shins are hurting, so I'm gonna cut back. I got too excited and ran four miles, now I'm paying the price. (note to self, build up slowly).

I went to my endo today and I lost four pounds (finally).

Nurgegirl - I sometimes also do turbo jam. I love Chalean motivation, wish I could move like her, I'm more like a stiff board. :laugh:

Taylor - Great job, thanks for the motivation. Keep up the good work.

Have a great workout :flowerforyou:
  • purple120
    Options
    I had great workouts this weekend, but my eating bombed again. Today I run, my husband and I joined a new gym (24 hrs) so it's so easy to plan my runs.

• chickylet
    Options
    I'm on week 4 of CE Burn. I'm looking forward to starting the push phase.