How often do you work out?

Options

Replies

• Doreent11
    Doreent11 Posts: 17
    Options
    keep up the good work, it seems to be working.
  • LondonEliza
    LondonEliza Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    4 times a day.

Bike in the morning before work (30-ish mins)
    Walk to and from work (30 mins +)
    Workout with weights after kids are in bed (30 mins)

Yoga once a week.

I walk twice a day 5 x times a week
    I workout on the bike 6/7 days
    I lift every 3 days, rest for 1, lift for 3 etc.

On weekends I do housework for up to 6 hours a day so get a fairly intense burn in there too. Anyone who thinks that housework does not burn cals can come and carry laundry baskets up and down 3 flights of stairs and then hoover the same stairs, then tell me you still think the same :)

I watch TV online while I do my bike and weights where as once I would have sat on my fat bottom stuffing a party size bag of sweets or crisps into my mouth so it is really about the lifestyle change for me, not going back to being 'her' again.
  • mfp_junkie
    mfp_junkie Posts: 359
    Options
    I hit the treadmill at the gym 5x a week for 45 minutes, before I go to work. I find a morning cardio workout gives me more energy during the day (and I have a desk job, so the exercise is needed!)

Weekends are workout free, but I play softball on Friday nights, and usually am doing house stuff on Saturday - cutting the grass, fixing whatever needs fixing, etc.
  • JSheehy1965
    JSheehy1965 Posts: 404
    Options
    4-5 times a week. I try and get to the gym by 6am for an hour. I alternate running/strength training. My hubs gets up at 5.30 most mornings so I'm awake by then.
  • cravingskinnybody
    cravingskinnybody Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I usually workout 5-6 times a week and somtimes 7 times when I have go to the gym :)
  • Doreent11
    Doreent11 Posts: 17
    Options
    keep up the great job, I heard that varying it helps you to keep loosing.
  • Happy_Healthy_Babe
    Options
    3 times a week, I do weights and cardio. I'm usually up and running around during work hours (I don't count this to my goal though) Once I'm not so sore doing 3 day's a week, I'll bump it up to 4.

People who say they have no time to work out are just lazy!
  • Dudagarcia
    Dudagarcia Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    6 days a week at 5 ish am
  • natvanessa
    natvanessa Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I do try for every day but sometimes my social life takes priority! So it ends up about 5-6 times a week. Sometimes I'll work out twice in a day to make up for a busy day coming up or if I missed a day...

I don't stress about it though and do enjoy working out so I'm thrilled when I do have the time for it :smile:
  • jodycoady
    jodycoady Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    3-4 days a week. I go to the gym 9pm at night. Only time I can...If I can't go out, I do something home, ex JM 30 Day shred
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    Every other day. I hate exercise so I'd never be able to do it every day.
  • MissPsychoB
    Options
    Gosh... I used to do it 5 days a week, but it started getting in the way of my studies and other activities. So now I do it 2-3 times a week. Mostly running, cycling and walking, sometimes the gym. I know I would probably get better results if I were more frequent, or if I included some strength training with all that cardio, but I just can't be arsed. As long as I feel healthy, earn myself some extra calories in the day and don't feel completely out of breath after running up 5 flights of stairs, I'll tolerate my wee belly flab. :P
  • mes1119
    mes1119 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    I always AIM to workout 6 days but it usually ends up being around 5. I go HARD on those days though, usually about an hour and a half.

I'm also fairly active on my off days so I don't feel bad about it. Muscles need recovery. People that can "work out" 7 days a week are insane in my book.
  • quill16
    quill16 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    6 days a week -2hours a day minimum. I want this weight loss more than anything else in my life!
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    6 days a week. I go to school FT, work FT and still have time for life. I know it sounds OCD but hey I'm kinda there; when life got busy and I was missing workouts I started scheduling them. It helped me with accountability and knowing its only 30 mins to an hour, I can make time for it. I love working out though.
  • OSC_ESD
    OSC_ESD Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    ~ It's hard to think about it as " working out " ... I have a strong passion for activity ... rather it be swimming, biking, walking or jumping waves ! But seriously besides my normal activities I try to work out 7 days a week ... every now and then I take a " rest day " which usually involves just walking 5 miles or maybe swimming for a few hours.

There comes a point when it is just life ... not a workout. If I go a few days lacking exercise in my definition ... I feel it ! I feel like I am missing something important in my life ... I guess this is where it became a " Life style " verses a choice.

I have to say ... I ♥ working out !

:flowerforyou:
  • marywanoKC
    marywanoKC Posts: 176
    Options
    Five days a week, if I miss once during the week, I do a weekend workout.

I thought that I was too busy to work out this much, and then I realized that I wasted a lot of time. I've got a full time job, a freelance photography venture on the side that keeps me busy, but if I'm going to be busy at my normal gym time (after work around 5:00 p.m.), then I get up at 5:15 a.m., work out, have breakfast, and then go to work. I don't feel like I'm deprived of a social life, and I know that, once I feel confidant and comfortable with my body, I'm going to want to be even more social.

Of course, I'm one of those people that sincerely has fallen in love with my gym, and how amazing I feel when I finish. I've seen too much progress in how I look and feel, and earned too many people's respect for me to feel like it's a punishment or a drag.
  • TORNATO1
    TORNATO1 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    4-5 Days a week.
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options

Of course, I'm one of those people that sincerely has fallen in love with my gym, and how amazing I feel when I finish. I've seen too much progress in how I look and feel, and earned too many people's respect for me to feel like it's a punishment or a drag.

Love this; my sentiments exactly.
  • ydeleon
    ydeleon Posts: 81
    Options
    Run and Turbo Kick in the AMs
    Strength train in the PMs

You have to prioritize. Yes, some things will need to be sacrificed. I miss a lot happy hours and social events because I have to get up before sunrise, but it's all worth it.