Who was embarrassed, so used a random photo to start with?

Options

Replies

• Darlingir
    Darlingir Posts: 437
    Options
    <
    this guy...I just love looking at him..
  • casiescorey
    Options
    :love: Well, now who could blame you? :)
  • rextcat
    rextcat Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    um...
  • shorty35565
    shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    My 1st pic was a pic of my face. Now I have a pic of my arm :D
  • casiescorey
    Options
    <
    this guy...I just love looking at him..

Well, now who could blame you? :love:
  • tropaze
    tropaze Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I used a picture of me, it was what I looked like when I started. Then I posted a few more, now it's a random pic since I haven't taken a new one and I'm tired of the old one (I like to see something different every few months).
  • Darlingir
    Darlingir Posts: 437
    Options
    :love: Well, now who could blame you? :)

My husband jokes...says he is my Hollywood husband...
  • theladyy
    theladyy Posts: 176
    Options
    I use a fake one because I'm usually kind of mean in the forums...but I also made that picture, so I'm showing off my artwork.
  • ImNotThatBob
    ImNotThatBob Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Mine is a legit photo.

You are what you eat, right?
    10163715_1502.jpg
  • SexyCook
    SexyCook Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    I used one of myself...the weight has never defined me...I was still a happy person on the inside and managed to work with what I had on the outside....I just got tired of living life with that body...I have TONS of pictures of when I was over weight many can't say that because of the feelings they had for their weight...Congrats to your success and I would say to anyone new to MFP...Be proud of you making a difference for your life and beating the odds with starting....
  • StarvingDiva
    StarvingDiva Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    I'm new here, but used to post on another exercise website. I never used my own pic but not because I'm embarrassed of my looks. I just want privacy & prefer to talk about certain things without the world knowing who I am. :)

She said it so much better than me. That is the exact reason I don't have a picture of myself out there.
  • hanahlai
    hanahlai Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I put up my own photo and then had two photos that were encouragement of the size I use to be. I am now closer than ever to goal :-)
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    I've been on MFP for 4.5 months, and I just recently switched to a non-me picture.

Sometimes you just don't want people looking at your face, on the internet or otherwise.
  • Heartpath
    Heartpath Posts: 33
    Options
    There are lots of current and previous pictures of me floating out there in cyberspace. I am who I am, trying hard to be the best that I can be at this very moment. I use a representative avatar because I want to be known by my words, not by what people may assume they know about me or by how they may nor may not identify with me from how I look. I believe I'll get more from the site that way.
  • Heartpath
    Heartpath Posts: 33
    Options
    I have to use pics like this because ladies get too excited and send me creepy PMs when I have my profile picture of myself up. Something about my eyes.

My heart flutters at the sight of your eyes. Your tiny, tiny eyes.
  • iroze
    iroze Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    LOL... Um. 'Nuff said.
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    I did not have a photo up at first but it was not related to me being ashamed of what I looked like... Well, I wasn't happy with how I looked but that was not the reason. I was unsure how the site worked and I did not want my photo floating for students and such to find out the account was indeed mine and start delving into my personal business... Once I trusted it a bit more, I posted one.. after a couple of months.
  • jayayach
    jayayach Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    <<<<<<<<<<<<< self explanatory lol
  • msmelin
    msmelin Posts: 3
    Options
    I put up my own fat mug...reason being is that I need to be honest with myself. What better way than to have all 238 lbs of honesty staring right back at me.
  • Meadows18
    Meadows18 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I don't feel comfortable posting a real picture yet, I hate the way I look at the moment. I'm sure it will change in the future. A lot of my friends who started at the same time/are a similar weight have been brave enough to post real pictures and I admire them so much for that.

My sentiments exactly. My pic is actually me but from 1994, just 3 months after giving birth to my daughter. I'm hoping to get to that point by the end of this summer (or pretty close). Maybe by July I will update my pic to the present.