Who was embarrassed, so used a random photo to start with?

Options
1234568»

Replies

• heyghoge
    heyghoge Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    not embarrassment, privacy issues.
  • jenbridges
    jenbridges Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    i put up a pic of me from my wedding day, when i was 15 pounds lighter than when i started here! lol. it was the most recent pic, so up it went. (now i am only 5 pounds heavier than in the pic! yay!)
  • ccnjc4e
    ccnjc4e Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    When I first started it was me, it will always be me. No matter my shape or form. I'm not embarrassed, I'm doing this for me, and I don't care what people think. There are people who are smaller than me, there are people who are larger than me. I'm okay with that. I've come to realize that this journey is all about me. It's my own selfish right, and it not only benefits me, it benefits my family and friends, because a healthier me is a happier me. So, I don't really care if someone sees my "fat" pictures, I'm all about pictures. Big or small, it's still me on the inside.
    [/quote

This ^~~~]
  • HopefulLeigh
    HopefulLeigh Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I think that there is a certain level of anonymity to the internet that many, many people prefer to keep. You never know what kind of strange person is out there, checking out the weight loss site. Personally, I don't care. My pic is me and has been from the start. I can, however, see the merit in using a non-personal picture. It often has nothing to do with shame and a lot to do with the person just being a much more private person than I am.
  • DterMined2012
    DterMined2012 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    my pic has been "me" from git go :bigsmile:
  • Samstudent88
    Samstudent88 Posts: 135
    Options
    I used one of me, and now I've got the ultimate power in the universe...Vegeta tha prince of all Saiyans! and Chevy Chase as my ticker...hehehe...*sighs happily*
  • AlabasterJar68
    Options
    I am not embarrassed to post photos in general, just photos that aren't as photogenic. I did however view a photo of me on Facebook with my son when he graduated from High School last year. My ex husband's sister posted it on her wall and it is one of the most worst photos I had ever taken. The angle and lighting was just ugh! She had family photos and that was the most recent one of me that she had and it was about my son's special day, not about whether I photographed well that day. Still I wish she would take it off because I looked like Barney the dinosaur.(I was wearing a purple suit) LOL
  • Lynne120
    Lynne120 Posts: 74
    Options
    Not embarrassed, just love the fact that everyone at my work won't recognize me and immediately get in my business and offer unwanted advise. They do as it is. I don't like constantly defending my diet choices at my work place. This is my journey and I want to remain honest and not "looked over" more than I already do. Ha! Maybe I just need to work with more professional people. Most of them are on this site, and lie constantly in their diaries just to save face.
  • sabrinamunin
    Options
    LOL, I literally JUST uploaded a photo for the first time, then saw this topic.

I'm not embarrassed, but I don't have any actual photos of myself on my computer - there's a few on the external drive (though not many, I'm usually behind the camera on family outings) but it's not plugged in at the moment. So, for now, so I won't have that "no photo" icon anymore, I put up a pic I did have on my computer of one of the dolls I collect (I also painted her face, and I'm proud of how well she turned out). I wouldn't mind putting up a real pic of myself since my ticker shows everyone here how far I have to go anyway... but I think Cecily will stay up there for a while until I find one of myself that I like.
  • missymuffet459
    Options
    <
    I guess I am one of those people!!! I will definitely want to post a pic of me when I feel more comfortable (although I will not show my face for privacy). One of my inspirations is thinking of how great it would be to post of pic of me in my bikini :)
  • nancyaaa
    nancyaaa Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I put my real photo on here, it really help you see the progress. On stuff like facebook I usually don't tho, cos of the embarrassment.
  • MelbourneBelle
    MelbourneBelle Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I don't tend to put pics of myself on public pages on the web because of issues surrounding privacy and personal security. In my line of work, I lik to stay "off the radar" to a degree. MFP will be one of the exceptions to the rule - I hope I don't regret it!
  • neverlost
    neverlost Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I'm just a privacy person and never plan to post a pic on here.

I am constantly shocked at how free a lot of people are with their private information. Many people use their real name as their user name and their profile shows where they live down to the city.

For example, one of my MFP pals happens to live in the city next to mine and has an unusual name. It wouldn't be very difficult to find out where this person lives. Good thing I am not a 'bad guy'.

About ten years ago, I ended up being stalked by someone I knew only through an online game. He picked up information from me over time through in-game chat. I learned the privacy lesson the hard way.
  • fitnfabdiva
    Options
    Raising my hand! Need to get a new one up!
  • theladyy
    theladyy Posts: 176
    Options
    Mine is a legit photo.

You are what you eat, right?
    10163715_1502.jpg

Drooling now. Thanks.
  • AmericanExpat
    AmericanExpat Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    <---- Mine is me after just finishing my daily jog :)

Seriously, I have a great pic of me(in profile pics) BUT I like this one more :)

Russ

Love the Rocky like photo :)
  • summer827
    summer827 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Not embarrassed, but going for anonymity :)