What size/weight did you feel confident to wear a bikini

Options

Replies

• leska1216
    leska1216 Posts: 260
    Options
    I wore my last bikini pre last baby. I was 165lbs at 5'6". I was very confident and looked sexy as hell.

Now 20+ years later I am 33lbs away from pre-baby weight. This year I bought a bathing suit -- a tankini. I am very doubtful if this body will ever see a bikini again. But at 59, I don't feel I need to be in one!!
  • kcmcd
    kcmcd Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    One pieces make me feel frumpy and dowdy and like I have something to hide and be ashamed of. So I don't wear them. Bikini or death.
  • Xhellokitty5588x
    Xhellokitty5588x Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4 and 127 lbs and don't feel confident yet. I'd like to lose a little more BF in the next couple of months and hopefully feel great by June!
  • LisaGirlfriend
    LisaGirlfriend Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I wore one when I was 10 1bs lighter than I am now and I was so self conscious!! My plan is to continue lifting, eating healthy with lots of protein, and rock that bikini in November when I go on a cruise with my husband. I also hope to feel MUCH more comfortable in that bikini than I did 10 1bs ago.
  • mjrkearney
    mjrkearney Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I'm getting ready to move from Florida to Kansas without having donned a suit of any kind, so I think my bikini days might be very far in my future. Also, I'm not sure if it's so much the size as the stretch marks and the complexion on par with milk.
  • jjhanlon
    jjhanlon Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    One pieces make me feel frumpy and dowdy and like I have something to hide and be ashamed of. So I don't wear them. Bikini or death.

I agree, I don't like one piece bathing suits at all! I have never quite felt confident in a bikini - even now, I am 5'3'' and hovering around 114-115 lbs...but at this point, I think it is mostly all in my head haha
  • kirlia
    kirlia Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    The weight I'm at now has been the first time ever!
  • melfitnesspal13
    melfitnesspal13 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Having lived my adult life in Europe, where women/men wear very small skimpy swimsuits/bikinis (yes, even the men), I learned that you are at the beach to enjoy the sun and water. I rocked in my bikini at 185, size 14, and turned heads. 100+ lbs heavier today I will probably wear my bikini (yes still have one) when I am back to 200 or less. If I am on a nice secluded beach, or a clothing optional beach in the US, I will wear it right now in the water but probably still to my gorgeous tankini until then. You would be probably look fabulous in your bikini, it is all about how YOU FEEL not everyone else. If you and your significant other see you beautiful then go for it!!! Don't let other judge you my friend.
  • anon189
    anon189 Posts: 42
    Options
    It's so weird, but I felt really great in a bikini when I was in high school and weighed around 118 (size 4). Then I actually lost weight as I got older and felt incredible in a bikini at 105 (size 2). I had my daughter in May of 2010 and that August I wore a tankini that showed off my lower stomach and had a string bottom and I felt like I looked great. I was probably around 130 then and a size 6. But then the following summer when my kiddo was 1 I had gained some weight- I think I was close to 120 and I felt like crap in my bikini and the pictures I had taken at the beach I deleted off my camera. Ugh! And I was a stinkin size 2 still but the tummy flab was unreal. :( Last summer I was about 125 and wore a fully covering tankini and same so far this year. We went on vacation last week and I stayed covered up. I'm currently 128 and size4/6. I feel great about my butt and legs and arms and chest- I just have a flabby stomach and ridiculous muffin top. My goal is to be able to wear a bikini by June. I don't know what weight I'll be, I just want my stomach to not jiggle or have rolls when I sit- and no fat spilling over the top of the bottoms (top of the bottoms lol).
  • FitSuga
    FitSuga Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I'd wear one now if I could! They are all so pretty! But I have a mom belly so until surgery or some miracle I won't ever get to. No matter how much weight I lose I'll have that issue.
  • MathewbMorris
    Options
    What's up every one, here every person is sharing these kinds of knowledge, therefore it's good to read this webpage, and I used to pay a visit this web site all the time.

http://www.thisis50.com/xn/detail/784568:Album:31581811?xg_source=activity
  • CannibalisticVegetarian
    CannibalisticVegetarian Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    I am soooo very torn on this one. I am an apple so most of the weight is carried in the belly though it's a ways off from my heaviest (at the moment I'm 170+ and a size 10). I've worn bikinis in the past but usually somewhere away from the public or at least with something covering it like a t-shirt or half-top.

My mom's got this crazy notion that I should still give the bikini a chance since no one will ever really know me ....annnd like every summer she has talked me into buying some bikinis just because they were cheap and ultra adorable (more than what I can say about one piece bathing suits.. at least the cheaper ones). I'm gonna give it the ol' college try I suppose. Wish I could borrow some of that confidence that some of you lovely ladies are exuding.
  • Pimpmonkey
    Pimpmonkey Posts: 566
    Options
    I wore one all the way up to 280lbs at a size 22-24.
  • bunbunzee44
    bunbunzee44 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I've worn a bikini in all my sizes, heaviest I was around 140lbs and lightest 110lbs. :3 Not that I looked good in all of them.. :P
  • ahmommy
    ahmommy Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Unless I want to spend a lot of money on bathing suits, bikinis are my only real option. I'm tall and my height is in my torso; therefore, I can't buy a one-piece bathing suit off the rack and tankinis expose my lower belly (the one part I'd be trying to hide).

The issue for me is not so much my size, but my body fat percentage. Once I get rid of my belly pooch and the cellulite on my butt and thighs, I will truly feel comfortable in my bikinis.
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    I've worn a bikini at every size (largest 14), but it wasn't skimpy - it was boy shorts and a well fitting top. Now at a 6 I wear a little less, but at 34 I don't feel comfortable to go string with skimpy bottoms. I still need SOME coverage.
  • runnerchick69
    runnerchick69 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I'm a size 0 and I still don't LOL I will wear a pair of board shorts and a bikini top though.
  • crimsoncat
    crimsoncat Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I felt good in a bikini at 135 (5'6") but I felt hot at about 125.
  • NewMnky1
    NewMnky1 Posts: 264
    Options
    Never. Even when I was in my late teens and early 20's and a size 6 I only ever wore a bikini once. Guess I am not a bikini person LOL!
  • katedevall
    katedevall Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I wore one at 170 lbs size 15/16 (us) pants.
    Honestly the weight number isn't an issue if I didn't have this mommy pooch I'd rock the bikini. I'm determined this summer to get a new bikini (:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!