What size/weight did you feel confident to wear a bikini

Options
12345679»

Replies

• Kelley528
    Kelley528 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    No matter what size I am I have never been comfortable walking around in my underwear for the whole world to see. As far as I am concerned a bikini is no different than underwear.

That being said, my boobs are too big for a tankini and I do not like one pieces, so I wear a bikini but with board shorts. I still wore one when when I was a size 10 but had a hell of a lot more confidence when I was a toned size 6. Now I am a size 6 again however I have no muscle tone. I am hoping that problem will be solved by the end of June because my boyfriend and his family are beach bunnies :happy:
  • casy84
    casy84 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I've never felt good in a bikini although I was never overweight. In my country there are lots of skinny girls on the beach, so that doesn't help a lot.
    I admire an envy girls who feel good in one regardless of size
  • LibertyBelle89
    Options
    i wore one at my heaviest which was 156 but i didnt feel very comfortable in it & felt pudgy lol...it wasnt until about 145 did i feel comfortable wearing one =)
  • Griffin220x
    Griffin220x Posts: 399
    Options
    About 230
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    size 19...years old :huh:
  • kitka82
    kitka82 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I finally gave myself permission to rock a bikini two years ago when I reached 162#, 5'7", size 8/10, around 30% body fat. And I was 28 years old. I decided that I loved myself enough not to let poor body image and comparisons ruin my favorite thing ever--a trip to the beach.

I have an hourglass figure, but I carry most of my fat/cellulite in my thighs, butt, and hips. *shrug* Like others have said--if women larger than me can rock one, why can't I? I've had 2 c-sections, so my tummy isn't perfectly flat. I wear the bikini bottoms with the foldover waist band, and a supportive top, and I"m good to go. Anyone who has the confidence can rock a bikini, as long as it FITS well.
  • Shaylyn1986
    Shaylyn1986 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    You guys need to go to the beaches at the jersey shore. You'll feel amazing when you see people 5x your size walking around in string bikinis. :D
  • lalionne
    lalionne Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    i've always worn a two-piece bathing suit, since i was a child...and very rarely have i ever worn a one-piece. i think it mostly has to do with my absolute love for bikinis/two-pieces...and the fact that i am tall, and my long torso makes it hard for me to fit in a one-piece without it pulling on my shoulders and crotch area...most companies don't make the suits long enough! also, i agree with whoever said it feels like you're wearing your wet clothes around...so uncomfortable. two-pieces are the most comfortable when swimming or sun bathing, especially when it's super hot out!

now that being said, i haven't always been super confident in the bikini (depending on my weight at the time)....but i have never felt so bad that i didn't wear one. there were many times that i only felt good lying down on my towel, or standing up...sitting in a bikini and seeing my stomach fat bulge out is not fun. i CAN'T WAIT until i feel 100% awesome in a bikini (at any angle), and i'm going to make that happen for this summer...
  • freelancejouster
    freelancejouster Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I think this is really going to have to do a lot with the way bodies are made up. I have a couple friends who are shorter than me, heavier than me, with flatter bellies who rock bikinis whenever they can. I have a skinny little friend who hates bikinis and refuses to wear them. I hate bikinis because I hate my belly, have never been comfortable in one regardless of whether I was 115 or 160.
  • LittleMissDover
    LittleMissDover Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    I've been UK sizes 8 -20 throughout my life and have never won one, never had the confidence. I wish I could go back and tell size 8 me to stop being stupid and flaunt the body I had then as after 3 kids delivered by c-section I will never have that kind of figure again.
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    Maybe next summer but then I'd have to buy double the sunscreen to keep everything from burning. :P
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!