So tired of hearing....

Options

Replies

• xTwK
    xTwK Posts: 121
    Options
    well considering that i dont do anything i do worried about what "guys" find appealing thats off the list. She never said women would be un appealing if they lift weights she said " some may not find that type appealing which is why they dont" And no not every guy on the face of the earth thinks Jamie Eason is hot or that body type is hot, I know plenty who dont. But once again im not so insecure that i base my body goals on what guys might like. You are the one who made more of what she said than was there. im very healthy,im very strong,i flex my leg and see suprise suprise muscle. Ive never had a broken bone,my heart is strong and healthy,and i do not lift heavy unless you count my work. i have no issues lifting heavy objects and more often than nnot run circles around the one girl that does lift at my work. I am not to scared or lazy to go to the other side of the gym I just dont care too

Since when did anyone say that they expect women to look like Jamie Eason, a FITNESS MODEL. You don't look like her because you lift heavy, that takes years and years and years of hard work and eating right. You have to intentionally want to look like her in order to get to that level someday, lifting heavy won't make you look muscular like her. Also, this isn't about what guys like, or their impression of your appearance, this is about your health. Stop making things up as you go, I can't stand people that have no argument so that make up some BS to continue with their nonsense.
  • DieVixen
    DieVixen Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    pot kettel get my drift

you said girls are to lazy or to scared,i have no desire to lift i am neither of them things. she said some may not find that body type appealing how is it diffrent than saying they are scared or lazy?

So you're saying that you have no desire to be in the best shape you can possibly be in, glad we understand that now.

Who doesn't think a fit woman is appealing? No honestly, who? So what she said first of all is nonsense, people find others unappealing for various reasons but I've never heard of a guy complain because a women is fit and in great shape. The point was that it's ridiculous to tell girls that being healthy and lifting heavy weights will be unappealing if they do so. You just want to make it more than it is.

well considering that i dont do anything i do worried about what "guys" find appealing thats off the list. She never said women would be un appealing if they lift weights she said " some may not find that type appealing which is why they dont" And no not every guy on the face of the earth thinks Jamie Eason is hot or that body type is hot, I know plenty who dont. But once again im not so insecure that i base my body goals on what guys might like. You are the one who made more of what she said than was there. im very healthy,im very strong,i flex my leg and see suprise suprise muscle. Ive never had a broken bone,my heart is strong and healthy,and i do not lift heavy unless you count my work. i have no issues lifting heavy objects and more often than nnot run circles around the one girl that does lift at my work. I am not to scared or lazy to go to the other side of the gym I just dont care too
    So you do lift heavy, you just don't do it at the gym. So what are you arguing against?

going on and on about women who dont being weak and lazy,unhealthy,blah blah blah blah is just as bad as the posts that go on and on that women who do lift look like men
  • xTwK
    Options
    I see you dont know how to debate without personal attacks... that much is obvious but its ok im sure you will get some skills sooner or latter. BTW I see you didnt address the point I made just slipped into a neener neener neener attitude. Im sorry if my pointing out the fact that you were doing the same thing you were jumping all over her for made you feel insecure

You're the perfect example of a hypocrite, before this you were telling me I need to learn how to read and that I'm illiterate, but some how that isn't you making a personal attack. By the way if we're going to go there, basic grammar, develop it. I don't even know what you're trying to say with your last sentence. Somehow I'm insecure now? HAHAHAHA.
  • DieVixen
    Options

Since when did anyone say that they expect women to look like Jamie Eason, a FITNESS MODEL. You don't look like her because you lift heavy, that takes years and years and years of hard work and eating right. You have to intentionally want to look like her in order to get to that level someday, lifting heavy won't make you look muscular like her. Also, this isn't about what guys like, or their impression of your appearance, this is about your health. Stop making things up as you go, I can't stand people that have no argument so that make up some BS to continue with their nonsense.

I am responding and making comments based on the *kitten* you are saying,dont say it if you dont want it repeated
  • UrbanRunner81
    UrbanRunner81 Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    lift heavy and be happy.

<---- love my back.. all started when I decided to ditch the light weights and start lifting heavy.
  • r1ghtpath
    r1ghtpath Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    totally serious question

why can't you do heavy lifting with dumbbells? why does it have to be a barbell and plates?
  • DieVixen
    Options
    And lets not forgett the fact that you got your panties in a bunch about someone saying that some woman might not lift because they MIGHT not find that body type appealing,then turned around and said women who dont are lazy or scared....those were your EXACT words. It was hypocritcal which was my original point
  • Elf_Princess1210
    Elf_Princess1210 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    Hmm! Some women do have more testosterone eg in PCOS so what you say isn't true for everyone.

Funny that you mention it, I actually have PCOS, and unfortunately haven't found that it's given me an edge, at all.

Even if a woman had around 300-400dcl's of free testosterone she would need to eat in excess of her maintenance calories to really start gaining any mass. I'm not even sure what a woman's free test is typically, 200dcl's is on the low-side for men.

*raises hand* I just happen to be one of those genetic freaks that build muscle quickly if I lift heavy, and my testosterone is normal for a woman. I don't use free weights, but that's just because I'm afraid of dropping it on myself!
  • amivox
    amivox Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    129.jpg

This is what I imagine must be true for anyone who doesn't lift.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    totally serious question

why can't you do heavy lifting with dumbbells? why does it have to be a barbell and plates?

You absolutely can. There are ways to modify almost every exercise to do them with dumbbells, and heavy lifting is individual to your own strength. The problem comes when you max out of how high dumbbells go.

ETA- and since the weights of dumbbells can't be changed, you need a bigger variety of equipment for different exercises, where you could change a bar to be used at different weights- that's more if you own/are purchasing the equipment- no big deal at a well equipped gym.
  • xTwK
    Options
    I am responding and making comments based on the *kitten* you are saying,dont say it if you dont want it repeated

Goodjob ignoring everything I said to you, clearly you have no argument at all so now you're going to continue with your nonsense. By the way, who are you to try and say that I'm secure when you post pictures of your breasts and legs on a fitness website trying to get attention from pathetic men on the internet. Seems like something an insecure and attention seeking person would do if you ask me...
  • DieVixen
    Options
    I see you dont know how to debate without personal attacks... that much is obvious but its ok im sure you will get some skills sooner or latter. BTW I see you didnt address the point I made just slipped into a neener neener neener attitude. Im sorry if my pointing out the fact that you were doing the same thing you were jumping all over her for made you feel insecure

You're the perfect example of a hypocrite, before this you were telling me I need to learn how to read and that I'm illiterate, but some how that isn't you making a personal attack. By the way if we're going to go there, basic grammar, develop it. I don't even know what you're trying to say with your last sentence. Somehow I'm insecure now? HAHAHAHA.

really I could have sworn you were telling me to learn how to read,to which I responded with maybe you need to learn to comprehend what you are saying because you obviously dont. You were jumping all over that chick for doing something you did. why are you so worked up dude...damn lol
  • Micksgurl
    Micksgurl Posts: 84
    Options
    so wait, the size of someone's butt is now what determines how healthy they are? :huh:

i swear i love lifting and always have but some y'all heavy lifters are jerks about it. no wonder some people are intimidated to venture over into the weight room. some of the healthier than thou attitude i see in this thread is just straight up FOUL

I second that!!!
  • shortmama04
    Options
    I've only had male trainers until about three weeks ago when my latest was fired. I chose a female this time and she makes me lift heavier than anyone else did and she doesn't let me pout my way to a lighter set of weights either! I'm always sore after a session with Crusher!
  • DieVixen
    Options

Goodjob ignoring everything I said to you, clearly you have no argument at all so now you're going to continue with your nonsense. By the way, who are you to try and say that I'm secure when you post pictures of your breasts and legs on a fitness website trying to get attention from pathetic men on the internet. Seems like something an insecure and attention seeking person would do if you ask me...

:laugh: yeah sure
  • RiannonC
    RiannonC Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I really admire heavy lifters. It takes a lot of hard work and dedication. That being said, I don't see why you all are assuming that a person can't be in great shape without heavy lifting. I don't heavy lift. I DO work hard in the gym, running sprint intervals, cycling hard, doing the occasional step class, and sometimes using hand weights and doing pushups. I don't leave until I feel that I have pushed myself hard in some way or other.

I don't think I am what people would consider skinny fat, since my body fat percentage is at 16 which I have been told is great for a woman. I am absolutely not lazy, and I am not scared to lift heavier weights. It's just that I don't enjoy it. It doesn't give me that adrenaline rush that I get from intense cardio. I can run 13 miles easily, and I have plenty of energy. It's a matter of personal preference, the type of intense workout that you prefer doing. Not all of us who do mostly cardio are ambling along casually on the elliptical machine. You can get a great workout both ways.

I would never tell other women not to heavy lift, but I wouldn't tell them it was absolutely required for physical fitness and good looks either.
  • xTwK
    Options
    totally serious question

You can use dumbbells! You should use dumbbells! Anything a man can use in the gym a woman can use as well.
  • TheBraveryLover
    TheBraveryLover Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    totally serious question

You most certainly can! I think people are referring to the light 5-10 pound dumbbells. Not the ones with higher weights on them.
  • xTwK
    Options
    really I could have sworn you were telling me to learn how to read,to which I responded with maybe you need to learn to comprehend what you are saying because you obviously dont. You were jumping all over that chick for doing something you did. why are you so worked up dude...damn lol

Again, you making things up to make yourself feel better. No one is worked up over you, I'm using you like a puppet to get a huge laugh because that's all you provide for me, humor. By the way there are several sites for women with lowered morals who want to show their breasts, go to those sites to post your pics.
  • monipie
    monipie Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I would like for women to stop telling NONFRIENDS to lift heavy.

Three reasons.

My weight room does not need more women, I prefer it as empty as possible.
    I would like to be old and fit and rare - not have a bunch of old and fit competition.
    If all women were willing to get a squat booty, what would make a squat booty special?

as a woman who lifts...i dig this response! :)