Replies

• learning2fly4
    learning2fly4 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Hi All,

Count me in!

25yrs old.

SW: 174

Anyone have any good workout mix ideas they wanna share? I need some new tunes to keep me motivated!
  • wallerinaprincess
    Options
    I'm in! 24 here and my goal is 63 lbs to lose. This puts me from 193 to 130! I'm also 5'10, so I might be going a little hard on myself. Ah well. We should get something going, like a weekly weigh in or something? Maybe weekly-weigh in -wednesdays? WWW...haha just an idea.
  • ashmarie8722
    ashmarie8722 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Ah Welcome Ladies! We have weekly weigh ins on Fridays. So today! Feel free to post it anytime. Our Challenge for the week is to chew each mouthful 30 times, I am failing miserably at this. I can't remember. So Hopefully at dinner! Good luck ladies!
  • boomersooner806
    Options
    Awesome! I'll definitely have to try harder at chewing 30 times! I think I'll have the same problem... actually remembering to do that! :smile: But, I'll work hard at that! My current weight is 125 lbs. and I'm trying hard to get down to 110 lbs. by mid-January. I almost feel like I won't be able to make it! I'm trying to lose that last few pounds so I can look good for my brother's wedding that is coming up in March. The reason why I have to lose the weight by mid-January is because I'm a bridesmaid and our dresses have to be altered by then. Yikes!! Think I can do it ladies? That's about 5-6 weeks!! :frown: If I can get around 110 -- such as 112 or 113, that will be fine because not much altering will need to be done for 2-3 pounds. Man... I need all the encouragement and help I can get between now and then!!
  • ashmarie8722
    Options
    Ah totally do able. Just stay strong! The wedding I am in is in May. and Its gonna be a rough road. But thank goodness my grandmother is an amazing seamstress, so I can keep loosing as long as she puts up with me. haha. I will need to work on a new addiction that is getting on here. MFP is now my second facebook and hot helping me get done with my homework! :(
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Hi. Just stopping in to offer some support for you awesome 20'somethings! NOW is the time to do it. Keep up the good work. :)
  • sollygirl
    Options
    I'ts deffintly my new addiction. I'm trying to get one hw assignment done and its takin me since 11 because i keep ending up on here!
  • ashmarie8722
    Options
    I'ts deffintly my new addiction. I'm trying to get one hw assignment done and its takin me since 11 because i keep ending up on here!

Haha Well Then I hope that our addiction with this helps us to loose the weight lol.
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Learning2LoveMe Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I'll definitely have to try harder at chewing 30 times! I think I'll have the same problem... actually remembering to do that! :smile: But, I'll work hard at that! My current weight is 125 lbs. and I'm trying hard to get down to 110 lbs. by mid-January. I almost feel like I won't be able to make it! I'm trying to lose that last few pounds so I can look good for my brother's wedding that is coming up in March. The reason why I have to lose the weight by mid-January is because I'm a bridesmaid and our dresses have to be altered by then. Yikes!! Think I can do it ladies? That's about 5-6 weeks!! :frown: If I can get around 110 -- such as 112 or 113, that will be fine because not much altering will need to be done for 2-3 pounds. Man... I need all the encouragement and help I can get between now and then!!

Not sure what your workouts are, but try 30 day shred. I'm sure that'll help you acheive your goal weight by Jan.

Weighed in this morning at 195.5 (guessing .5 since the scale kept flipping between 195 and 196). Not sure if I can chew my food 30 times, but I'll sure try! I have the bad habit of inhaling my food and stopping after I'm stuffed... which I know helped get me to my highest weight of 219 >.<
  • ashmarie8722
    Options
    Hey Ladies,
    How did your days go?
    Mine started out good as i did our challenge for breakfast then forgot about it every other meal. I totally over did it at lunch today as well. Dang sorority houses and all the greasy food! the Hamburger was just too good looking to turn down. I went over, but i've exercised more today than i have in sooo long it felt great!

I hope you all did better than me!
  • debussyschild
    debussyschild Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    22 here...
  • ashmarie8722
    Options
    22 here...

Welcome!
  • sollygirl
    Options
    For the first time ever i actually said no to cake and cookies and it was a birthday party !!Yay! I feel better about myself already!!
  • jacqueline0821
    jacqueline0821 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    I am 22 and would love to join. My weight yesterday was 136.2. My next mini goal is 135 but my overall goal is 120. I am getting married in May 2010 and would really love not to put on a size 16 dress that day.

Count me in!!
  • learning2fly4
    learning2fly4 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Congrats jacqueline on the wedding.

My first goal is to get down to 150 and see from there what makes the most for my 5'3" frame. My most fit during college was around 145-150 palying two sports.

Making a lean grilled steak salad for dinner, cant wait!
  • ashmarie8722
    Options
    Welcome ladies,

So our 1st week has officially started! I am so excited to get back into shape. Don't forget about our challenge, Chewing 30 times each mouthful. I have been very unsuccessful in this, today i will do better!
  • meg0112
    meg0112 Posts: 344
    Options
    Didn't get to post yesterday. I weighed in at 140!! But I ate alot today hehe. I chewed 30 times though! Its so hard to thing about because I usually eat really fast.

I saw someone on the blogg is doing PX90...I've heard about that but have no idea what it is. Details please :)
  • meg0112
    meg0112 Posts: 344
    Options
    Also, I got a tape measurer today and I am going to start tracking my measurements!
  • ashmarie8722
    Options
    Great Job Meg! I still haven't gotten the chewing thing down. I'm usually watching tv when i eat and it distracts me. lol I have no idea what that work out plan is about but i am also curious. I got the Core Rhythms work out dvds oh like a year ago. and I haven't kept up with them but i did the full workout today and my abs kill! But i ate mac and cheese which negated all of those calories burned :( haha. But i still came out even so its all good.
  • sollygirl
    Options
    The P90X workout is seven different workouts each 60minutes long focusing on different parts of your body. I did the core one with my boyfriend and we were both dying by far the hardest workout i've ever done we did 45min of it bc our son woke up before we could finish and when we got him back to sleep we couldn't even stand up to finish and im athletic and he is really athletic so it deffintly kicks your butt. I highly recomend it, i havn't done the other ones yet but tomorrow night im ganna do the legs and back and i'll let you know how that one is.