Turn your Life around 20's

Options

Replies

• ashmarie8722
    ashmarie8722 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I want to lose 35 lbs. Its so hard to eat well and diet when you live at home w/ your parents still. I cant afford to buy my own food right now and all my mom gets is unhealthy stuff. She wont listen when i tell her to get certain things, even tho my whole family could benefit.

Ah, i Feel your pain. I go home and my mom only has crap in the house. Like really mom you eat chocolate chips for what? dinner? She has sooo many of them haha. My biggest feat has been exercising. I haven't stuck great to my diet plan yet, mostly its been waking up and doing yoga then an excercise video or weight training later and I've lost 8 pounds in the last two weeks. And i've been eatting like a pig. So. There is a place to start. Try going to the store with your mom? maybe.

We are glad to have you new girls in here! Welcome!
  • Noelia13
    Options
    Hey my names Noelia i'm 21 and determined to lose some weight! and i'd love to join your group :)
  • learning2fly4
    learning2fly4 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the new gals!

Today was a rough day.... cookie party at work... my own brownies were my downfall.

Only lifted today at the Gym. tomorrow day two of the NIke plus interval training.... so psyched....

Secretly, my goal is to try out for the Womens pro football team in my area, just to say i can compete at the try outs. So my goal is next fall. Lots of running in my future....
  • VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    Welcome newbies!!!!

Learning2fly- COOKIE PARTY! Uh oh! Too bad there is not such thing as a salad party hahaha, I love nike plus, I would never know how far I go without it!.... and you should so tryout, what could it hurt?!

I'm going to spin class tomorrow, I just loved it this morning, it was kick *kitten*... literally! Have a great evening everyone, I'm going to watch the biggest loser as I do every tuesday, can't wait!

~Leash :heart:
  • wmb0124
    wmb0124 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'm a 20 year old college student. I eat under stress, and I get stressed A LOT. I'm at my heaviest and I HATE it! Right now, I weigh 159, down one pound from my start weight, but it's better than nothing, right?
  • VballLeash
    Options
    I'm a 20 year old college student. I eat under stress, and I get stressed A LOT. I'm at my heaviest and I HATE it! Right now, I weigh 159, down one pound from my start weight, but it's better than nothing, right?

Yup sure is! You didn't gain and now your on your way, 1 pound down and how ever many to go... welcome to the group!

• ashmarie8722
    Options
    Girl, A few of us on here are College students. And we all know college is about stress! Once you start working out more and eating right, The stress level will go down, I promise! Good Luck and Welcome to the group!
  • ashmarie8722
    Options
    So... usually by now I have quit working out and eating right. I'm not very good at self control. But I have found that weighing myself every day and taking measurements every few days is keeping me going. Seeing my progress is really helping me to stay on track, and Seeing how much it goes back up when I get off track is actually great too.

I have also decided that studying burns like 8000 calories an hour. Because I had Mcdonalds yesterday, multiple cups of lattes and other flavored coffee, quite a few snacks and even pizza for lunch. I did not even work out and yet I stayed even. Spending 9 1/2 hours in the library is really good for something haha!
  • meg0112
    meg0112 Posts: 344
    Options
    So I have NOT being doing good this week. I dont remember the chew thing until I'm almost done with my meal, I have been eating bad, and have only exercised once this week. Usually once I start to blow it I just give up on the whole week but I really dont want to do that. I have eaten unhealthy food, but havent been eating that often. My calories havent been way over (well they were on monday). Its only Wednesday though and I do not want to blow this whole week. Today I had yogurt and coffee for breakfast and when I feel a little hungry again I will have 2 clementines. I need to get back to eating small meals and go to the gym for real. The weather out is awful, it snowed all night but its been raining for a few hours so its all slushy. I am going to do a yoga/pilates video when I get home and run up and down the stairs in my apartment complex (inside stairs) for 15 minutes. That way the weather CANNOT be my excuse. Ok I will post back once I have done this.

Great job to everyone on trying to stick with the challenge from the group and their own personal challenges.

I have my first law school exam in 2 hours..wish my luck!!
  • learning2fly4
    learning2fly4 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Hope you did well on your tests Meg!

One reason I am glad to be done with school, but someone forgot to tell me that studying for the CPA was just as crappy. I am starting to study for my next part this weekend, so I am taking that test on 1/5/2010.
    This is my second time through taking these exams and they are very hard.

Hows everyone elses day going?

I need to get my run in tonight - couldnt get out of bed this morning - soooo cold and Wet!
  • sollygirl
    Options
    Hey everyone!!Well its so cold outside so im not ganna be working out this morning,but i really am going to do one of the P90X workouts tonight. I can't wait till my finals are all finished so i can get more seriouse about working out. I have my hardest final tomorrow ugh!so today i have to study study study!and get off of here!!!!

Goodluck to you meg on your exam!
  • mshay05
    mshay05 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I have my first law school exam in 2 hours..wish my luck!!

Meg- good luck!!!

Keep strong everyone!! We will reach our goals!! :flowerforyou: Even with all the temtations of co workers bringing candy and chocolate covered this and that! :noway:
  • Noelia13
    Options
    I think these finals are getting the best of all of us! I need to stop saying it is too cold outside and start doing some inside workout videos...anyone know of any good ones?...Good luck to everyone on all their finals!
  • sollygirl
    Options
    Your right but im glad i at least walked on the treadmil while studying, did something productive today.other then that im still in my pjs cuz i have to study so much..ugh!
  • ashmarie8722
    Options
    Your right but im glad i at least walked on the treadmil while studying, did something productive today.other then that im still in my pjs cuz i have to study so much..ugh!

Ah! I feel ya girl! I have been in the library soo much this week. Most likely the most i've ever spent here. 9 hours yesterday and i'm working on my 7th for tonight even through i'll prolly make it to 8.
    The worst part isn't not getting to work out it is that McDonalds is the only convenient thing on campus. :(

Break will be so nice for working out and sleeping in. haha.
  • VballLeash
    Options
    I have finals next week, SO not looking forward to them! I went to the gym today, too cold to run outside, I just finished eating dinner though and its 9:30!... had to go to my friends for a homework thing and it took longer than expected. Oh well, I had a very yummy healthy dinner. I hope you guys have a great day tomorrow! :smile:

• mshay05
    mshay05 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Hey girls, hope everyone is doing well. :flowerforyou:
  • ashmarie8722
    Options
    Ah week one is almost over! How is everyone? I'm ready for weigh in tomorrow, actually kind of excited to see how myself and everyone else did.

Have a wonderful day.
  • VballLeash
    Options
    I forgot about weigh in! I'm not really trying to lose, although I wouldn't mind losing a few and I've been eating a little less so we'll see! I did spin class again this morning and the row machine and crunches... good workout, was done at 7:30, I love being done with my workout that early, I think I'll do spin again tomorrow, its too darn cold to run outside and the treadmill is just not fun! I'm sure you did great ash marie :smile: you'll just have to wait and see! I hope everyone else is doing great!

~Leahs :heart:
  • sollygirl
    Options
    Ah week one is almost over! How is everyone? I'm ready for weigh in tomorrow, actually kind of excited to see how myself and everyone else did.

Have a wonderful day.

I'm excited to see what the scale says i can already tell my jeans are fitting looser, i wanna do a work out tonight so i can see a good number tomorrow!!

I finished my first final today it went horrible i wont know my score till later tonight but the class average so far in a 59% and i needed a 59% to pass the class...ughhhh i hate finals week i have been sitting on my butt reading for the last three days!!!