Turn your Life around 20's

Options

Replies

• VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    I have finals this week so I'm almost with ya sollygirl! I really need a break from school... I've had some good gym workouts though, I've been sore the last 2 days which is always a good feeling, the weather has been crappy so I haven't been able to get outside to run still and it will be dark by the time I'm done later, I'll just go to the gym tonight... as far as what time I stop eating, I try to have dinner eaten by about 7 or 730 but when I have coaching til 7 I don't eat until 8, and I usually go to bed around 10 or 11... I really don't think its that big of a deal as long as you drink water and are eating healthy food. Have a great day everyone, I'm at the library studying for my final (ok I'm not studying this second but I needed a quick break!) :smile: :smile:

~Leash :heart:
  • ashmarie8722
    ashmarie8722 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Ah The weekend was a total bust for me as I had a 30 page paper to finish and a stupid impossible Italian final to prep for that still got the best of me today. So tomorrow is my day off, and I plan on cleaning and getting to the gym and back into my routine!

Good job ladies!
  • sollygirl
    Options
    Today has been a rediculously gay day for me and i've been talking myself out of working out all day ate healthy for the most part didnt need to eat a footlong sub but didn't go over in calories so i guess its ok, but i just decided im not ganna get anywhere sitting on my couch on the computer all night so i'm ganna do the P90X ab workout!! Just thought i'd share in case someone else is convincing thereself they can always workout tomorrow.

Hope everyones week is starting out great!!
  • free2fly
    free2fly Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Warm hello from Russia!

I'm 22 and I've been struggling to lose weight since 19. I started gym since 20, but it was more of recovery exercising (injured my back) than weight loss. So now I have changed the gym and the trainer and this guy seems to be very tough and very motivating, he just doesn't get off my back :noway: ... Am with you, pals!
  • sollygirl
    Options
    Warm hello from Russia!

I'm 22 and I've been struggling to lose weight since 19. I started gym since 20, but it was more of recovery exercising (injured my back) than weight loss. So now I have changed the gym and the trainer and this guy seems to be very tough and very motivating, he just doesn't get off my back :noway: ... Am with you, pals!

Welcome!!Good luck with reaching your goals!!
  • mshay05
    mshay05 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Ok, did 10 minutes more of cardio last night at the gym!!! I am going early tonight before a class to get my 10 minutes in today. Keep up the good work everyone!!
  • VballLeash
    Options
    mshay- Great job on the extra cardio!

free2fly- WELCOME to the group!

sollygirl- Way to get up and workout :smile:

Ash- 30 page paper?! WOW! good luck girl!

Welcome to the other newbie that I forgot the name of and I don't want to go back and look lol... welcome!

I got to the gym at 5:40 for spin at 6 and it was full! I knew I left too late, o well I did the cross trainer for 30 min, the weird looking elliptical for 30, and star master for 10... I'm still a little sore from lifting yesterday but feeling pretty good! I have 3 more finals, 2 are at home though, I'M SO STRESSED OUT! I hope your guys finals are going well... I had a really hard one yesterday :grumble: Have a great day everyone!!!!

• mshay05
    mshay05 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I got to the gym at 5:40 for spin at 6 and it was full! I knew I left too late, o well I did the cross trainer for 30 min, the weird looking elliptical for 30, and star master for 10... I'm still a little sore from lifting yesterday but feeling pretty good! I have 3 more finals, 2 are at home though, I'M SO STRESSED OUT! I hope your guys finals are going well... I had a really hard one yesterday :grumble: Have a great day everyone!!!!

aliciakarver- I'm sure everything went fine with your final, you'll do great on the other ones. :smile: Great job on still working out even though your spin class was full! You rock!
  • newmommy2cash
    Options
    Im yet to work out i attempted to workout yesterday but my baby boy was not havin siiting there watching me, but i have only one class left so my schedule is now almost free other then work on the weekends so i now feel i have more motivation with all that stress off my back.

How is everyone doing with the challange??

I'm curious what time do you guys try to stop eating by. I have a horrible problem with eating to late!

I have a 6 week old so I know what you're going through. I try to get a work out in really fast, I'll do the 30 day shred video, if I have no one to watch him.
    I don't eat past 7pm. My husband and I used to do late night runs to Mcdonalds at midnight! It took a lot of work to not eat late because we both work and because I have a baby, sometimes I forget to eat. Not eating past 7 works out really well for us.

My weakness is sweets! If I feel I want to have something sweet, I'll eat a yogurt or those Hostess 100 calorie cupcakes, or fruit. Also, If I feel I want to cheat with food, I'll look up a non-fat, low calorie version of it and cook it at home.
  • newmommy2cash
    Options
    I have been pushing myself really hard!
    I walk and talk for 1 hour with my husband every evening, I do 10 minutes of weights and then the 30 day shred dvd.
    My body is so sore, but I love seeing the results.
    It has been so easy to change my eating habits because I am so determined to lose the rest of my pregnancy weight and lose an additional 50 pounds.

Good luck to all of you ladies on your journey to that new bod!
  • VballLeash
    Options
    I walk and talk for 1 hour with my husband every evening, I do 10 minutes of weights and then the 30 day shred dvd.
    It has been so easy to change my eating habits because I am so determined to lose the rest of my pregnancy weight and lose an additional 50 pounds.

Thats GREAT! I love being sore, that way you know its working :smile:

• newmommy2cash
    Options

Thats GREAT! I love being sore, that way you know its working :smile:

I agree with you!
    If I wasn't sore, then I'd be worried!

:)
  • sollygirl
    Options
    Im yet to work out i attempted to workout yesterday but my baby boy was not havin siiting there watching me, but i have only one class left so my schedule is now almost free other then work on the weekends so i now feel i have more motivation with all that stress off my back.

I'm curious what time do you guys try to stop eating by. I have a horrible problem with eating to late!

I have a 6 week old so I know what you're going through. I try to get a work out in really fast, I'll do the 30 day shred video, if I have no one to watch him.
    I don't eat past 7pm. My husband and I used to do late night runs to Mcdonalds at midnight! It took a lot of work to not eat late because we both work and because I have a baby, sometimes I forget to eat. Not eating past 7 works out really well for us.

My weakness is sweets! If I feel I want to have something sweet, I'll eat a yogurt or those Hostess 100 calorie cupcakes, or fruit. Also, If I feel I want to cheat with food, I'll look up a non-fat, low calorie version of it and cook it at home.

6 week old and your working out you must be exsausted!!! But ya its hard to find time i usually just take him into the gym with me at my apartment complex bc its a brand new complex and not to many ppl live here so no one but me is ever in there but hes 9months and does not wanna sit in his stroller while im working out. I used to just take him on walks but now its to cold to have him out so i've been doing videos once he goes to sleep, but its hard to motivate urself to get up and do one. Ya i know what you mean about those midnight runs my bf goes out like 3times a week on one, but i've said no its hard though everything always smells so good, ive given in once but no more!We always eat so late, because we put our son down at like 6:30 - 7 then start dinner and everyone is always saying thats so bad, but im ganna start making dinner while he plays so we can eat a little earlier.
  • learning2fly4
    learning2fly4 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Solly look for some of the crock pot recipes in the recipe section. I know you guys dont have as much time on the weekends with homework and finals, but usually Saturday/Sunday, I make up big pots of things so we have something to eat all week and theres no temptation when its time to make dinner. Its worst case we eat the turkey chili, homemade chicken soup, chicken stew, beef stew, etc.
    Plus makes my Bf really happy that he doesnt need to wait for me to come home and make dinner.
    I can share some recipes i make if anyones interested.

Been kind of sucking on the extra cardio, but have cut out Soda almost entirely..... I will be sad to drink my last RC cola this weekend :sad:
  • VballLeash
    Options
    Solly look for some of the crock pot recipes in the recipe section. I know you guys dont have as much time on the weekends with homework and finals, but usually Saturday/Sunday, I make up big pots of things so we have something to eat all week and theres no temptation when its time to make dinner. Its worst case we eat the turkey chili, homemade chicken soup, chicken stew, beef stew, etc.
    Plus makes my Bf really happy that he doesnt need to wait for me to come home and make dinner.

Been kind of sucking on the extra cardio, but have cut out Soda almost entirely..... I will be sad to drink my last RC cola this weekend :sad:

I'd be interested in some recipes! I don't have a crockpot though... I do like to cut up veggies and stuff on sunday... good job on the soda! Start your cardio today :bigsmile:

• newmommy2cash
    Options

6 week old and your working out you must be exsausted!!! But ya its hard to find time i usually just take him into the gym with me at my apartment complex bc its a brand new complex and not to many ppl live here so no one but me is ever in there but hes 9months and does not wanna sit in his stroller while im working out. I used to just take him on walks but now its to cold to have him out so i've been doing videos once he goes to sleep, but its hard to motivate urself to get up and do one. Ya i know what you mean about those midnight runs my bf goes out like 3times a week on one, but i've said no its hard though everything always smells so good, ive given in once but no more!We always eat so late, because we put our son down at like 6:30 - 7 then start dinner and everyone is always saying thats so bad, but im ganna start making dinner while he plays so we can eat a little earlier.

Oh yes! I am very exhausted! Haha..but it's worth it!
    I start making dinner around 4ish or 5ish, that way we can eat before 7pm. We're usually hungry by then anyway because we eat small meals throughout the day. I hate eating late now because I always feel so heavy and full afterward. Also, we like to eat before 7 so we can workout after we eat then we have a small snack after we work out. Thank God my husband quit those late night food runs because he is just as committed to getting in shape and being healthy as I am. Otherwise, it would be hard not to have a bite, then another, then another....
  • learning2fly4
    Options

I'd be interested in some recipes! I don't have a crockpot though... I do like to cut up veggies and stuff on sunday... good job on the soda! Start your cardio today :bigsmile:

Seriously invest in a crock pot, they make life so much easier. LOL. Hope these help.

For Chili

2 lbs - ground turkey(you can use chicken, beef)
    1 can heathy request chicken rice soup or chicken and stars
    1 large onion
    1 large pepper
    1 can of corn or 1 small rozen bag
    1 can diced tomatoes - jalepeno or basil organo style
    2 spicy peppers - pick your peppers to taste ( I typically get 1 long green skinny one and a habenero)
    1 can of hunts tomato sauce(mushroom can size)
    1 can of mushrooms or box of fresh
    1 can of beans - your choice
    cayenne pepper powder

1. Simmer the meat until its pretty much cooked through and broken up into little pieces. Drain excess fat/water.
    2. Add onions and all the peppers, let cook til soft - 5-10 minutes max.
    3. Dump everything else in and add water as needed to cover everything.
    4. Cook with lid on for 15 minutes.
    5. take lid off and cook until desired thickness, the longer you let it simmer, the less liquid will be in the pan.

Chicken Stew

1 can cream of mushroom - low salt version
    1 lb package of chicken cubed to 1 inch or so pieces
    3 or 4 medium potatos peeled and cubed
    1 small bag baby carrots chopped
    1 package chicken sausage -cut into 1 inch pieces- boiled first is best
    1 small onion
    1-2 cloves garlic

If using a crock pot and leaving it all day, microwave the soup before adding and add water to cover everything. Let it go on low all day.

If you are going to watch it cook.
    1. Cook chicken, sausage, onions and garlic
    2. Dump everything else in and let soup warm up and add water to make it as think as u prefer.
    3. Cook until potatoes and carrots are soft.

Summer Stew

1 Zuccini
    1 yellow squash
    1 pepper
    1 onion
    2 med potatoes
    1 lb Chicken cubed or stiry fry style
    1 can of diced tomato - basil organo or jalepeno

1. Simmer all in crock pot or on the stove.
    2. Depending on whether you added spicy or italian style - add fresh basil for italian, or cilantro for spicy.
    3. Serve over brown rice or couscous
  • learning2fly4
    Options
    On those recipes - if you dont like some of the veggies - sub in ur favs or leave stuff out - In the Chili if i know im going to eat alot of it i leave out the beans - YUCK!
  • VballLeash
    Options
    Thanks so much! I think I might get a crock pot, I was going to ask for one for christmas but I forgot and my mom finished the shopping awhile ago, o well! I did a lot of strength training tonight, not very much cardio but I did a lot more yesterday so I'm still which the challenge... hows everyone doing? I have one final left, its a paper and I'm almost done!

• meg0112
    meg0112 Posts: 344
    Options
    Just checking in. The final I have on Friday is going to be killer. I ran a mile today and took the stairs but so far thats all I;ve been able to do. My eating habbits are so bad right now. Today, I got to the library at 10:30, at a munchkin from Dunkin and a Clementine, then didn't again until almost 9pm and at 2 slices of pizza, a salad, 3 wings, and then about an hour ago had a small danish and apple tart. Ugh seriously! I also ate a granny smith apple, so I guess since finals are kickin my butt I should look at the bright side- still got in some fruits and veggies. I'm pretty wired but its 1:30am here...meaning I have been at the library non stop for 15 hours. I can't really focus anymore, so maybe I'll go home and do my yoga and pilates video. That burns about 200 calories. My body has just been so weak from stress, lack of sleep, too much caffine, and throwing off my eating that much more exercise has been making me feel sick. I went to spinning on Monday, which I usually LOVE, and literally barely made it home. I had to sleep for a little bit before I could take a shower. Ridic, I have never felt like this. UGH!!!!

Great crock pot recipies though