Turn your Life around 20's

Options

Replies

• sollygirl
    Options
    I told my boyfriend i want a crockpot for christmas lol and i also would love some healthy easy recipes i think this will help a lot. I cook a lot of chicken bc thats the main type of meat we eat or beef but not much pork. So if anyone has any please throw them my way!!..

Im excited i started today off great went to the gym and been eating healthy so far. I plan on making a healthy dinner tonight any ideas i have chicken lol and some other veggies brown rice, but my bf deserves a good dinner tonight hes been shopping with our son for my christmas present lol so i guess i should make something yummy while hes at the gym!!

Hope everyone is doing good and all finals went great for those who had them!!

-SaraLynn
  • learning2fly4
    learning2fly4 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Previous page I posted - Chili, Chicken Stew, and summer stew.

We grill alot of chicken in light italian dressing.

Chicken Parm is good this time of year. Use a ziploc bag through some italian seasonings and bread crumbs, toss a few pieces of chicken in and shake up. Put it on a baking sheet covered in the Reynolds release foil, bake for 10-15 minutes, flip then cook til finished- time depends on thickness of chicken.
    We also do sausage parm, and ive found the store i shop at makes their own chicken spinich sausage, which is delish when made into a parm.

Turkey Burgers
    Foor process some sweet onion, green or red peppers, cilantro, and mushrooms. Mix in with a package of turkey meat, toss on the grill or in a pan - add low fat cheese if you like, chedder is our fav, and serve on the Sandwich thins.

This weekend we made Chicken wraps, with grilled chicken, lettuce, tomato, few squirts of franks or bbq sauce and set them in a hot pan.
    And Cheeseburger wraps - same way except added some shredded cheddar and put in the pan to melt the cheese.

Another idea i love is getting a turkey breast or a small chicken breast, a bottle of Yellow tail - chardonnay or pinot. Put the bird on the crock or oven pan, pour 3-4 cups of wine i nthe pan with some celery and carrots and a bunch of crushed garlic cloves(peel the outer crap off and whack with the side of a knife, no need to chop), and bake at 250 for 3-4 hours or until the meat thermoter reads 180 degrees.
  • sollygirl
    Options
    Previous page I posted - Chili, Chicken Stew, and summer stew.

We grill alot of chicken in light italian dressing.

Chicken Parm is good this time of year. Use a ziploc bag through some italian seasonings and bread crumbs, toss a few pieces of chicken in and shake up. Put it on a baking sheet covered in the Reynolds release foil, bake for 10-15 minutes, flip then cook til finished- time depends on thickness of chicken.
    We also do sausage parm, and ive found the store i shop at makes their own chicken spinich sausage, which is delish when made into a parm.

Turkey Burgers
    Foor process some sweet onion, green or red peppers, cilantro, and mushrooms. Mix in with a package of turkey meat, toss on the grill or in a pan - add low fat cheese if you like, chedder is our fav, and serve on the Sandwich thins.

This weekend we made Chicken wraps, with grilled chicken, lettuce, tomato, few squirts of franks or bbq sauce and set them in a hot pan.
    And Cheeseburger wraps - same way except added some shredded cheddar and put in the pan to melt the cheese.

Another idea i love is getting a turkey breast or a small chicken breast, a bottle of Yellow tail - chardonnay or pinot. Put the bird on the crock or oven pan, pour 3-4 cups of wine i nthe pan with some celery and carrots and a bunch of crushed garlic cloves(peel the outer crap off and whack with the side of a knife, no need to chop), and bake at 250 for 3-4 hours or until the meat thermoter reads 180 degrees.

Those sound awsome! I'll definatly be trying each of those!!

Today i finally drank 8 servings of water, that is the most difficult thing for me!
  • learning2fly4
    Options
    Good Job on the water Solly.

Anytime u want more recipes let me know. I love to cook, and do most night unless im working late, but again i try to make stuff ahead for the week.

Off this week and next to Study for the next section of the CPA exam. Hopefully i can pass this one....
  • mshay05
    mshay05 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Happy Holidays everyone!! :drinker: I hope you all have a wonderful rest of your week!! I am going to remember portion control with all that yummy food! My goal is to not gain anything over these next few days! So wish me luck! haha :wink: Keep up the good work girls! Have a good one! :flowerforyou:
  • learning2fly4
    Options
    Hey All, Merry Christmas, and happy holidays. Hope everyone is doing alright.
    Still waiting to head out of here to see family, but my bf isnt out of work yet, anytime now.

Have to stop for some fast food, but I am going to be good and get somethin grilled.
    I am weighing in today as not sure gonna have time tomorrow.

171 for the week.
  • ashmarie8722
    ashmarie8722 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone! So since i've been home for break I've sucked it up!!!!!!!! Big time! I haven't weighed in at all. I am about to do that when i get up out of bed. And today, no more excuses! 5 Christmases later haha!

I hope everyones holidays went well. And I'm breaking the message board fast!

I got an awesome casserole and crock pot cookbook. As i work my way through it I'll let you guys know if i I find anything good. I'm sure I will. too much! lol

Well Ladies I know it is a monday, but here i go to weigh in officially for the 1st time since break started!
  • ashmarie8722
    Options
    So Check-in in after break, Not too bad. Lost a little over one pound over break! I'm beginning to notice a difference in the way my clothes fit. I'm kinda depressed though because i asked for medium sized clothes for Christmas because I want to loose the weight and think its stupid for them to buy me stuff that won't fit much longer. Well I got all larges! I also realized how buying cheaper clothing kills you because the sizes are not the same. a medium at Express is like a large at areo. OH the things we pay for!

I hope all of you girls as just as good of a break as i did!

Can't wait till the "real" check in on friday!
  • VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    GREAT job ash! This website keeps changing its format and I get confused easily I guess haha... o well its nice that they are doing such a great job... ok so we need a new challenge, any ideas?!

As far as what I've been up to... my Christmas was great, ran 9 miles that morning actually... we did a night run last night which was a lot of fun! I didn't lose but I didn't gain either so I'm not too worried... I've got some cleaning to do, talk to you guys later!

~Leash :heart:
  • sollygirl
    Options
    So i basically did absolutly horrible this week!! But on the plus side i had a great christmas it was my sons first christmas he was in heaven got billions of new toys his room is completly full!! So i have decided to wait till tomorrow to start back up i got so off track it was insane so im not ganna weigh in this week or i guess last week but tomorrow im excited to get back on track! I've also decided for the new year im going to give up chips for the whole year!!It will be hard but i hope i stick it out!!

Good to hear everyones christmas went well.

Wats is this weeks challange ladies??
  • jennbissonnette
    Options
    I'm 22 about to turn 23!
    I need it. Ive noticed that as im getting older.... The scale goes up and my metabolism goes down down down...

I went from getting down to 111lbs before christmas and then.... I went to 114.8 after!!!!! Ahhhh, i ate all my moths of work! lol

Good luck ladies!
  • VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    Welcome Jenn! Don't worry sollygirl you seem to have the right attitude.. it may be hard for you to give up chips but maybe switch to healthier ones and of course moderation is the key :bigsmile: I've been trying to think of a challenge, I thought of lasts weeks so if anyone has one chime in but I thought maybe we could have a drinking water challenge or something, I sooo struggle with this! Have a great day everyone!

• sollygirl
    Options
    Welcome Jenn! Don't worry sollygirl you seem to have the right attitude.. it may be hard for you to give up chips but maybe switch to healthier ones and of course moderation is the key :bigsmile: I've been trying to think of a challenge, I thought of lasts weeks so if anyone has one chime in but I thought maybe we could have a drinking water challenge or something, I sooo struggle with this! Have a great day everyone!

I think a drinking water challange would be great i know a lot of people have a hard time drinking enough of it!
  • mshay05
    mshay05 Posts: 229 Member
    Options

I think a drinking water challange would be great i know a lot of people have a hard time drinking enough of it!

Totally agree!!! Getting enough water is always an issue with me. Good idea! :drinker:
  • learning2fly4
    Options
    Water is a good idea. So after my coffee I am going to fill up my nalgene and drink away with a straw.... I tend to drink more with a straw so we will see.

on a side note, my little pup whose about a year and a half old, is passed out in my lap - too much holiday excitement. Yesterday we took her sledding for a little bit, and I actually put her on a sled with me - too cute, shes got big ears so they flapped in the wind! BTW sledding is alot of work!! hauling the sled back up the hill... man i was beat.

Also my bfs mom got a wii and wii fit plus, so we played that for hours over the weekend.
  • jennbissonnette
    Options
    I def need to start drinking more water! I know thats a big problem i have right now and i use to be sooo good! Sounds like a great well needed challenge for all of us! it makes you feel full and if you drink in between bites, it helps to fill you faster.
    Also, Eat on darker smaller plates. This is all scientifically proven to help you eat less. The darker the plate the least likely you are to eat more and the smaller the plate the easier it is to judge portion control! Thanks guys for all the support though! I dont get it at home. GOOD LUCK!!!!

-Jenn
  • ashmarie8722
    Options
    Water challenge sounds great! I can't seem to get back in the habit of logging my meals. I don't have 3G on my iphone so i can't use the app and my moms internet sucks so its a pain to get on! Oh how we rely on technology these days.

Well I'm glad everyone had a good holiday break. I wish you all more luck in restarting than I have had lol. I am kind of excited for a weigh in Friday, I plan on doing some wit fit plus today before I actually go do something today. I really love the routines you can set up. I need to move the wii to a carpeted area, but I am to lazy to move my exercise "equipment." How Ironic! Well I hope all you ladies have a wonderful day!
  • msladyface
    Options
    Hi! I'm new to the site and am 23...how do you join these groups or do you just have to watch for topics to pop up on recent posts? Sorry - new to the whole forum thing! :ohwell:
  • learning2fly4
    Options
    hi msladyface,

To "join" a group, you just post to the topic.

Welcome!

We do weigh ins on Fridays and right now were doing a water challenge to make sure we drink our water.

If you have any questions - just ask!
  • msladyface
    Options
    Thanks learning! I'll try to keep up! :laugh: