Has anyone lost weight by walking?

Options

Replies

• AlabasterJar68
    Options
    I started walking and on days where the weather is so and so I walk indoors.
  • proudtexan71
    proudtexan71 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I walked myself right out of 50lbs!
    Well, of course along w/ changing the way I eat & drink.
    :happy:
  • mzhokie
    mzhokie Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    That's been my main form of exercise. I just started walking more and getting on the treadmill. I challenged myself to move the speed up on the treadmill from week to week. I took longer walks outside. I can walk much further and faster than I did 5 months ago.

The key is to keep pushing yourself. If you are walking outside, find routes with inclines and stairs to help build your leg muscles. I live in a hilly area and it's amazing what walking around my neighborhood has done for me. We have some wonderful walking trails in this area too.

Invest in a good pedometer and/or HRM so you know how many calories you are really burning.

Walking is great exercise if you keep at it.
  • oberon0124
    oberon0124 Posts: 10,527 Member
    Options
    I have lost most of the 148 lbs I have lost due to walking. Yes you can and your results will range different than mine. Yes you can lose weight by walking and I started my walking journey on 08/14/11. Hang in there and keep walking!!!
  • dwtimeoutt
    dwtimeoutt Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Yes, walking is my major source of exercise. MFP loss 14, my total loss 25.
  • kolkol
    kolkol Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Iv never done, just walking alone. I really dont know it would work for me though since Im used to really hard workouts??? I could be wrong. Im sure just like eating everyone is different. I do know PLENTY of people who have done very well with walking alone. I personally do not feel like walking is enough for me but hey maybe if I do it on my days off it will help boost my weight loss? :smile:
  • boys4girls1
    Options
    Walking is one of the best forms of exercise, and it is FREE.....I can't tell you the amount of money I have spent on all types of exercise DVD's..I always go back to the walking..Leslie Sanson has some great DVD's for walking..Just get out there and do it..Eat right and drink lots of water, and you should be well on your way to losing weight..Good luck to you..You will do well...
  • boys4girls1
    Options
    I have lost most of the 148 lbs I have lost due to walking. Yes you can and your results will range different than mine. Yes you can lose weight by walking and I started my walking journey on 08/14/11. Hang in there and keep walking!!!
  • KateCon912
    KateCon912 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I lost almost 50 lbs by doing no other exercise than walking. And of course controlling my calories.
  • boys4girls1
    Options

That is so wonderful the weight you have lost..Keep up the good work.
  • jens_journey
    jens_journey Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I have lost 16lbs in two months just walking and changing the way I eat.
  • milkandtea
    milkandtea Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    The majority of my weight loss has been through diet and walking. :)
  • 130annie
    130annie Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Well it's better than holding the couch down! Lots of people never move, if they can help it.....
  • destanicheri
    destanicheri Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I have been using Leslie Sansone's videos to walk with and well my ticker speaks loudly! :) Happy walking!
  • Monwilli
    Monwilli Posts: 24
    Options
    When I first started losing weight, I'd walk 2.8 miles once and then twice a day around my neighborhood. Lost 17 pounds doing that. Then I started to watch what I ate and added different exercises.
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    Yep, I lost my first 80 pounds doing nothing more than walking (and watching what I ate). So, yes, yes, yes! Keep on walking! :happy:
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    I lost the first 65 pounds or so by doing only power walking. And I mean 4.5+mph on am incline with 1lb weights on my wrists for 3 miles at a time. I would not classify those workouts as 'just' walks.
  • JanetLM73
    JanetLM73 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    I brisk walk everyday, I have added jogging. I walk about 40-70 mins per day.
  • Bagman12002
    Bagman12002 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    most of my weight lose has been by walking on tread mill and I have added stair master, and eating right.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Yuuup!!!!!.....53 pounds!!!! :bigsmile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!