Has anyone lost weight by walking?

Options

Replies

• arcticfox04
    arcticfox04 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    I lost 60 pounds and all I do is walking. Its mostly about diet tbh.
  • saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    Options
    About 3 years ago I did a lot of walking, usually around an hour or two 5 days a week and within 6 months I'd lost enough weight to go down a shirt size and make my pants a bit loose. Unfortunately the diet my doctor put me on made me borderline anemic because I hadn't consumed enough iron and I ended up gaining it all back just getting the iron back in my diet.
  • hilll01
    hilll01 Posts: 1
    Options
    Yes I've lost 16lbs, get a fitbit you'll never sit down!
  • islandnutshel
    islandnutshel Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    I am walking most of my weight off. I am at a steady 2 pounds a week. I save the gym for winter months and just enjoy hiking. Today I walked around a lake. I explore new parks and walk through towns. My dog is getting tired of "going for a WALK"

I have 70 pounds to lose so it might be easier for me to lose at this pace then those with less. And I eat my exercise calories, or most of them.

A pedometer or a fit bit is a great way to keep track of your steps. I do at least 10,000 everyday. Even when working, but that takes a number of short walks, before during and after work.

Yes, you can walk off your weight.
  • blv0267
    blv0267 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Walking an hour a day works great for me. Sometimes I spice it up but its my foundation.

^^This. Walking is my "Go to" exercise.
  • glenbabe
    glenbabe Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I have stuck to my daily allowance and walked eveyday for at least 25 minutes.....and not always in one workout,most days I split it into a few quickies and I have lost a regular one pound every week since I stared and I am now very close to my second goal ....only six pounds to go :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • NorthWoodsLee
    NorthWoodsLee Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I have lost most of the 148 lbs I have lost due to walking. Yes you can and your results will range different than mine. Yes you can lose weight by walking and I started my walking journey on 08/14/11. Hang in there and keep walking!!!

That's fantastic! Great work.
  • Tojsmom
    Tojsmom Posts: 51
    Options
    I have lost 15 pounds in 1 1/2 months walking only & watching what I eat. I try & do at least 4 miles a day myself with intensity.
  • grimm1974
    grimm1974 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Most of my weight loss is from walking. I try to walk at about 3.5 mph. It is usually enough to keep you in the optimum fat burning zone. I track it with the Edomondo app.
  • surv8r
    surv8r Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I've lost over 50-lbs from healthy eating & walking.....

I walk 3-miles every morning.
  • Huffdogg
    Huffdogg Posts: 1,934 Member
    Options
    I have been walking alot for a coulple of weeks and I was wondering if anyone has had alot of weight loss with walking -and how long did it take?

1. Yes
    2. It depends on your diet, not your exercise.
  • SmallMimi
    SmallMimi Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Most of the weight I lost is due to walking it off. When I first started I walked for 1 hour every morning, took awhile to build up speed and stamina. I added a 30 minute afternoon walk when I could. I didn't hit a plateau in my weight loss until 5 months in and 55 pounds were gone. I try to maintain a 3.5 - 4.0 mph and have since added stationary bike to help get me down from my plateau. ALSO it is important to watch your diet.
  • Dawn200321
    Dawn200321 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    This is really all the exercise I do...Yep it works :)
  • CharliSue
    CharliSue Posts: 81
    Options
    After I had my daughter, I joined weight watchers, cut out soda and just ate less really... and walked. About 20-30 minutes almost every day. I lost over 80lbs with walking as my only form of exercise.
  • MissAllen0108
    Options
    A couple summers ago, it was very hot out, I ate very well but also walked 45 mins a day in the hot sun, which caused lots of sweating. I lost 40lbs in two months.
  • Jd1360
    Jd1360 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I've regularly done the treadmill since I was 13 and I swear by it. It alone didn't help when I was eating probably 9000 calories a day (might be a slight exaggeration), but it certainly helps me now. It really is my sole workout, sadly.
  • richx83
    richx83 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    All of my weight loss has been through walking, i didn't really change my diet much to start with either and took a year to lose a big chunk of it walking 5 - 10 times per week, you need to put in the time and the more you lose the more you need to walk to burn the same sort of calories.
  • dianniejt
    dianniejt Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I love these success stories. Its so encouraging. I am just starting but finding that I love to walk. I never wanted to walk before because I didn't want to go alone. Since I started walking alone or just with my dog and my music I absolutely love it. Normally when i am bored I bake or eat. Now I walk. I can't wait to start seeing results.
  • suzanne_oh
    suzanne_oh Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I have been walking alot for a coulple of weeks and I was wondering if anyone has had alot of weight loss with walking -and how long did it take?

At this point all I can do is walk due to back problems, so I hope so! :ohwell:
  • sh3llz87
    sh3llz87 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I walk every day at a fast pace 30 mins to 1 1/2. Ive lost almost 40pds in 3months plus eating well.:smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!